Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 34 510 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
Trollbusters! PostWed Apr 26, 2006 3:40 pm Offline
Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:51 am616Sandy Eggo
Thanks again to everyone who played, everyone who warned us against playing, and everyone who criticized us for playing anyway.

We understand.

The critics are right, of course, and in most cases I'd join them. (Well, join them in spirit -- posting a message telling everyone else to shut up strikes me as a tad self-defeating...) If you really want a troll to go away, the best response is no response. Trolls feed on the attention, and some of them are adept at -- what's that word? -- outrageousness.

But the critics need to understand that some of us enjoy the heat of battle, even when we know going in that the battle is pointless, that there is no possibility of "winning". The debate is its own reward, as long as there are new avenues to explore, fresh nuances to consider. For some of us, god help us, it's a form of entertainment.

In other words: Cripple Fight!
PostWed Apr 26, 2006 3:49 pm Offline
Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm300
You will herewith be taxed $5 for every time you use the word 'nuance' in a post. Frittering away time here while learning nothing new about South Park cannot be justified. I urge you to follow me in resuming a more active and meaningful lifestyle by returning to alcoholism.
PostWed Apr 26, 2006 4:33 pm Offline
Cedric Digsby wrote:
You will herewith be taxed $5 for every time you use the word 'nuance' in a post.

That's twice in one day I've been outed for pretentiousness. I think the moths have gotten to my Erudition Invisibility Cloak.
Re: Trollbusters! PostWed Apr 26, 2006 4:34 pm Offline
Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:09 pm232Westfield, MA
nojo wrote:
Thanks again to everyone who played, everyone who warned us against playing, and everyone who criticized us for playing anyway.

We understand.

The critics are right, of course, and in most cases I'd join them. (Well, join them in spirit -- posting a message telling everyone else to shut up strikes me as a tad self-defeating...) If you really want a troll to go away, the best response is no response. Trolls feed on the attention, and some of them are adept at -- what's that word? -- outrageousness.

But the critics need to understand that some of us enjoy the heat of battle, even when we know going in that the battle is pointless, that there is no possibility of "winning". The debate is its own reward, as long as there are new avenues to explore, fresh nuances to consider. For some of us, god help us, it's a form of entertainment.

In other words: Cripple Fight!

hear hear!! i wonder which of the handicapped duo our friend would be anyway....
Last edited by kayge on Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostWed Apr 26, 2006 4:43 pm Offline
Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:46 pm2811LB Cali muthafncka, now what?
Nojo, when I say this, remember that I like you.

"Please turn off the f*cking computer and go outside. Maybe even look around.....explore or adventure."
PostWed Apr 26, 2006 4:46 pm Offline
Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm300
Carry on nojo, your regular payment of the pretentiousness tax will help cover my not insubstantial bar tab.
And kayge, I loath to be a pedant, but it's "hear! hear!" unless you are summoning a dog. Or a pet gerbil.
PostWed Apr 26, 2006 4:55 pm Offline
Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:09 pm232Westfield, MA
Cedric Digsby wrote:
Carry on nojo, your regular payment of the pretentiousness tax will help cover my not insubstantial bar tab.
And kayge, I loath to be a pedant, but it's "hear! hear!" unless you are summoning a dog. Or a pet gerbil.

gotcha
PostWed Apr 26, 2006 5:03 pm Offline
Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:46 am174QUAHAUG RI
I know it can be fun to poke the "bear" it's even fun to watch. but, MY GOD!!!! does'nt he/she/ it ever shut up? he does not even fill out profile. You have to admire his willingness to wade in and spew his nonsence where he knows he'll be slammed.
recently, i heard he is using the pm to attack people directly. thats sick. I know you are having fun tearing him apart but isn't that grounds to be throne off?
more stupid Questions: What exlactly is troll/ trolling?
do you think he is looking for specific posters/topics or do you think he has a progrom looking for screen neme ?
enjoy the show tonite
opinions are like *ssholes, everyone has one and all i've checked stink. and i checked alot
PostWed Apr 26, 2006 5:16 pm Offline
Killahertz9 wrote:

"Please turn off the f*cking computer and go outside. Maybe even look around.....explore or adventure."

I vaguely recall doing that, back in the Before Time, when my livelihood didn't lash me to this infernal machine. Luddites, how I envy them.
PostWed Apr 26, 2006 5:18 pm Offline
Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:46 pm2811LB Cali muthafncka, now what?
nojo wrote:
Killahertz9 wrote:

I vaguely recall doing that, back in the Before Time, when my livelihood didn't lash me to this infernal machine. Luddites, how I envy them.

lol
PostWed Apr 26, 2006 6:58 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
COOKY36 wrote:
Imore stupid Questions: What exlactly is troll/ trolling?
do you think he is looking for specific posters/topics or do you think he has a progrom looking for screen neme ?

Trolling is the practice of starting inflammatory threads on internet forums with the expressed intent of starting an arguement. Trolls tend to be forum-specific; that 'fanboy' bated people into arguements by attempting to read anti-semitism and sh*t into South Park. My roadgeek newsgroup has a long time troll who starts arguements by ripping on anything dealing with gas mileage, speed limits, SUV's and so on.

They have nothing better to do with thier lives and would probably shrivel up and die if the electricity went out.
You read it! You can't unread it!
PostWed Apr 26, 2006 7:10 pm Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:
"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the war room!"

Haven't got to this before, but props for the sig -- especially since "purity of essence" was one of the themes of engagement...
PostWed Apr 26, 2006 7:55 pm Offline
Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:08 pm1756
Al Gore in this new episode reminds me of NotAFanBoy. Both are very serial about their theories.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
PostWed Apr 26, 2006 7:56 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
nojo wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:
"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the war room!"

Haven't got to this before, but props for the sig -- especially since "purity of essence" was one of the themes of engagement...

I love both of you so much. :shock:
That's how it's down here on the farm!
PostWed Apr 26, 2006 8:02 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
^^^

That quote, of course, is from the movie "Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying About and Love the Bomb".
You read it! You can't unread it!

Sort by  
Page 1 of 34 510 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next