Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2667 of 2687 40297 posts Previous  1 ... 2664, 2665, 2666, 2667, 2668, 2669, 2670 ... 2687  Next
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostSat Nov 24, 2012 2:07 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
kylekennypiptweek wrote:
(ugly)Bob wrote:
It's just a mention. that was all. no one did anything about it. :P but...... i think there is a significant plot you should read, it's based on Alice Human Sacrifice. the scary sh*t happens at pg 482... Also there is a weird shadow man creepy plot device 512..

lots of f*cked up plots happened.i would go to where you left and press the last page to skim read and see what plot devices you missed (heaps)

Yup, and I WAS THE ONE TO COME UP WITH THOSE PLOTS!! ZAZABAN, YOU TAUGHT ME WEEEELLLL!~

*Smokes contemplatively on hookah* ....You have learned well, young grasshopper.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostSat Nov 24, 2012 2:19 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostSat Nov 24, 2012 9:06 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Rondame: We had a deal going on the Samsung Note tablet, so I got one. 12 hours with it, and I decided it had to go back. I never realized how many of the websites I visit that use flash aren't set up for non-flash device browsing. And posting on the forum sucked too. I could only do it in Portrait mode. In Landscape mode, I'd select the text box and keyboard would pop up, then the text box would move up and I couldn't read what I was typing. :| Then when I'd go and try to touch and highlight something to correct a mistake, the link to whatever ad box was to the right of the text box would open up. :? Twitter was also formatted weird, and I couldn't change it.
I may just wait for us to get some Windows tablets in and see how they do. Unless I can get one of those netbook/lifebooks that has the screen you can flip over or whatever.
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostSun Nov 25, 2012 6:38 am Offline
Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:56 pm4427I don't wanna fucking tell you! Last time this kid started stalking me!
Dude, that sounds terrible. That reminds me. My dad is trying to decide what to get me. You know those touch screen laptops that turn into a tablet, or something? Yeah, he's trying to decide which one to get me.

I feel like a girl now. :/
Cheerful misery with a best friend is better than eternal misery wherever else.

BEST CHARACTERS IN SOUTH PARK
1.Kyle
2.Kenny
3.Pip
4.Tweek
5.Butters
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostWed Nov 28, 2012 11:50 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
kylekennypiptweek wrote:
Dude, that sounds terrible. That reminds me. My dad is trying to decide what to get me. You know those touch screen laptops that turn into a tablet, or something? Yeah, he's trying to decide which one to get me.

I feel like a girl now. :/

Parents will do this no matter how old you are. They are parents.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostWed Nov 28, 2012 11:57 pm Offline
an Ipad? oh the joys of the ipad when you have an iphone which is a precise duplicate of a computer.

I had a nokia until a month ago, used pay phones to communicate to friends and family, urging them that my nokia which was practically dead anyway would be up and alive once again, was soon told

Just get the flipping iphone

and i eat my words when i say "Iphone!? Pfffff, i prefer a nokia!" not anymore!

a shiny new iphone is what i own and my grandmother has even stopped callin' me outdated!
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostThu Nov 29, 2012 12:10 am Offline
Damn it, I wish I had an iPhone :(

Check this out: It's a family tree of all life. f*cking sweet.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostThu Nov 29, 2012 12:14 am Offline
My mates think i'm bonkers for not getting an iPhone until now... and that's one family tree!

i reckon we're all distant relatives to the sick and the awesome after all
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostThu Nov 29, 2012 12:19 am Offline
We're all technically distant relatives to bacteria that makes us sick, which is a weird, weird ass thought.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostThu Nov 29, 2012 12:24 am Offline
what next? we're related to inanimate objects!?

:lol:
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostThu Nov 29, 2012 12:29 am Offline
(ugly)Bob wrote:
what next? we're related to inanimate objects!?

:lol:

There's a hypothesis that Dawkins has that speculates that life may have originated from clay, so yes, possibly.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostThu Nov 29, 2012 12:32 am Offline
Well, we did come from some form of microorganism somewhere.
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostThu Nov 29, 2012 2:37 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
Quote:
We're all technically distant relatives to bacteria that makes us sick

No matter who you have sex with, they're your cousin.
Even if it's an horse.
Unless they're your sibling or some other relative ._.
Everything you eat is a relative too :P

Quote:
we're related to inanimate objects!?

Those objects don't breed, so it's meaningless to say they have relatives. Well, most of them.
The genetic material has to have started somewhere. The things that reacted together to make it weren't alive. Depending on your definition of "life" the genetic material might not have been alive; a lot of people say viruses (basically naked genes) aren't alive.

Quote:
Dawkins has that speculates that life may have originated from clay

Graham Cairns-Smith came up with the clay hypothesis, though Dawkins put it in the selfish gene as an example of a theory of abiogenesis.

There are several models of how the first gene could have arisen. There are a lot of possible ways it could have happened and we know it happened one of those ways at some point. It'd be strange if we knew how a single event billions of years ago happened for sure!

It's possible it didn't happen on Earth. One of the guys who discovered DNA structure thinks the genetic material came on a meteorite from space. I don't buy that myself. Even if that happened, at some point a chemical reaction (non living things) would have made the first self replicating molecule ("life" from which we descend).

Before 1977 life was thought to be split into bacteria and eukaryotes (stuff with cell nucleus). As we figured out how to sequence genes cheaply, we figured out one set of bacteria were more related to eukaryotes than bacteria! They were a third "domain" of life but it took decades for the idea to get accepted.

This may be because the guy who proposed this third domain, Carl Woese, also proposed that "species" are a recent innovation. He thinks that before a certain time, cells replicated and expressed any DNA inside them. This still happens with some bacteria but they have mechanisms to prevent foreign DNA getting in most of the time. Once a gene for stopping foreign DNA getting in the cell came about it could be horizontally transferred to any cell that didn't have it (and thus had no way to stop foreign DNA getting in) quickly, shutting off gene transfer between lineages all of a sudden and creating 'species.' I'm unsure how well accepted that notion is but the idea of 3 domains of life is well accepted now :P

Unknown unknowns are becoming known unknowns. Nowdays people take samples of soil or water or whatever, and without even trying to seperate the bacteria just seperate ALL the DNA from the sample out from the rest of the stuff in there and amplify it up and sequence it.
When they started doing that they realized that we've only "cultured" (grown on a plate) about 0.1% of bacteria!

The most abundant bacterial species on the planet are included among the ones we haven't cultured with traditional methods. Some of these cause diseases which had unknown cause until then. Some of them produce antibiotics that wouldn't be discovered otherwise. Some of them are responsible for major processes like recycling sulfur in the sea (which gives sea air it's smell). Some uncultured bacteira have been used for decades (in wastewater treatment for example or in fermenting yoghurt) but weren't identified until very recently by sequencing.

I wonder how many unknown unknowns there are :I
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostThu Nov 29, 2012 4:39 pm Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2269Croatia (SE Europe)
Unassumption wrote:
Before 1977 life was thought to be split into bacteria and eukaryotes (stuff with cell nucleus). As we figured out how to sequence genes cheaply, we figured out one set of bacteria were more related to eukaryotes than bacteria! They were a third "domain" of life but it took decades for the idea to get accepted.

It's hard to believe, but there are still college professors that teach that mushrooms are plants.
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostThu Nov 29, 2012 7:58 pm Offline
Mamont wrote:
Unassumption wrote:

It's hard to believe, but there are still college professors that teach that mushrooms are plants.

Oh crud. mah teacher told me the mushroom was a plant. and now I'm not so happy with looking forward to my exam papers...

....not that i really gave a sh!t about that..

Sort by  
Page 2667 of 2687 40297 posts Previous  1 ... 2664, 2665, 2666, 2667, 2668, 2669, 2670 ... 2687  Next