Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2673 of 2687 40297 posts Previous  1 ... 2670, 2671, 2672, 2673, 2674, 2675, 2676 ... 2687  Next
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostThu Apr 11, 2013 6:02 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
I'm trying to get a job anywhere. I sent my CV to a lab job, at a company i did my highschool work experience at, in the local area. They haven't replied to me in 4 days so I expect I've been rejected. I've applied to everything i can find from cleaning and retail to wearhouses but most require previous experience. I need something that will only last 4 months max because otherwise it will conflict with my class schedules next year, presuming i get to stay on as a masters student. Hopefully I'll get something so I don't have to go home over the summer :P

The more experience you have the more jobs are available to you Mike, the main reason i think i can't get jobs is my lack of experience. I am exagerating everything I've done (I say I did Samaritans like call in thing without saying i only did it about 6 times and 2 years ago, etc). I hope lying pays off as much as people tell me it will :p Once i have real experience I can be mr honesty. Oddly I'm mostly interested in something i can actually do. Then again all my friends who dropped out at 15 have jobs including the ones who still dress up as pikachu and post kawii pics on deviant art so I guess I can get'er done if they can?

This forum post is the most bizarrely humorous thing I've seen in a while. Someone claims they have the blood of Christ from the shroud of turin. Someone else suggests cloning Jesus from it, then there's a debate over weather this would constitute a resurrection. They conclude that cloning involves IVF so is evil because it's like abortion so they should abort or kill the christ-child if someone tries cloning him. Reminds me people are willing to buy stuff a quick google search would debunk in every way.
I recently saw a creationist insist we can't know the number of stars because of some bible quote under balling it, despite how we found out how many there are being COUNTING them (in a small sample of night sky). Some people can just close their eyes and plug their ears to facts easier than I can it seems.
The whole Jesus DNA thing makes me wonder what the paernal chromosome compliment would look like. It raises some interesting questions. Given what we now know about reproduction, the seed you plant is what makes you you; you have to have the genes you give your kids so the dad must've had the paternal genes. DNA is a chemical subject to mutations and that must undergo chemical reactions all the time to keep the child alive. Most placental mammals require genes from both parents. The way the genes are packed in the sperm is important as are the little chemical marks added to the genes in the womb due to maternal diet. All genes have variants so which variants the father had would be interesting - what was his tollerance for booze for instance or his hair and eye colour. It makes the concept of a body-less father a little strange when a physical DNA molecule is needed as we now know it is due to our knowledge of reproduction. Other things that seemed simple or possible such as a voice from no vibration source are questionable now. Some seemingly impossible things are now possible so it all balances out!

Given how recent our knowledge of reproduction is (it still isn't totally finished yet!) it makes me glad to live in the modern era even more ._.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostThu Apr 11, 2013 6:57 pm Offline
Sat May 15, 2004 11:02 am4310U MWG OSS E NH NA USA EC NY SW in LI
THE BRAVE SIR RIBBIT WUZ HERE.
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostThu Apr 11, 2013 7:50 pm Offline
Last saw you in 2007 or something. Still as big a stoner as ever?

There are wild rabbits everywhere at the location i live in now, it's like that movie with the killer rabbits only less killer ._.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostFri Apr 12, 2013 8:22 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2270Croatia (SE Europe)
Good luck with finding a job and continuing college!

Unassumption wrote:
The more experience you have the more jobs are available to you Mike, the main reason i think i can't get jobs is my lack of experience.

You have to have experience to get experience.
I know of cases where people who just finished college could find jobs in their field, and when they applied for some lame job (like stacking shelves) they got turned down because they were overqualified.

Unassumption wrote:
I am exagerating everything I've done (I say I did Samaritans like call in thing without saying i only did it about 6 times and 2 years ago, etc).

You're just using the white man's method. :P
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostFri Apr 12, 2013 10:12 am Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1434in a secret underground bunker
You really cannot exaggerate too much on resumes though. A lot of places will actually now try to contact that resume place you put on it, and if you lie....they will find out!! :shock: :(

A horrible, never happened example: I mean, I would LOVE to put down that I worked at ESPN. I never did though :lol: :P They would call me up and then schedule something, I BS my way to a job offer, and then they call ESPN..and they have never heard of me?? What would happen?? The offer would be recinded and I would be fired on the spot. It wouldn't look good to other places either because word can get out to other places that you lied on a resume.

Can you say you worked somewhere when you only did it like 2-3 times....maybe :wink: It depends on what you did and if a manager could remember your face/name (or if there is any little piece of paper that validates you being there). You just have to be careful though.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostSat Apr 13, 2013 2:46 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
It's always a little weird going back into a story you haven't worked on in months. Now that the latest thing I wrote is up, I can finally complete these other stories. But it's good to do so of course :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostSat Apr 13, 2013 9:20 pm Offline
I really liked the Q and A thing I did in my month of work experience. Kinda wish I could find work in that area even though it only pays a little over min wage usually because it's something I think I could actually do D=
Not enough Q and A jobs in this area.

I am not lying anymore than I could get people to back me up on. I am wording the facts in the way that makes me look the best!

This guy is the funniest I've seen on youtube. I need to watch more of his stuff to learn to act like him!
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostMon Apr 15, 2013 3:23 am Offline
I now own my first pair of wedge heels! They are beige with a peep toe and I can actually walk in them without feeling off-balance. It's for my cousin's wedding in 2 weeks in Colorado. :) So excited!!!

Haa, I love that line.
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostFri Apr 19, 2013 9:03 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Gordon Keith's articles are always a great read. This one in particular is about the tragidies in Boston and West, and balancing bad news and bits while doing a road trip for The Ticket.
http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/colum ... -towns.ece
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostSun Apr 21, 2013 2:22 am Offline
How am I going to get all those little hairs off the bathroom floor from my haircut?? The bulk is trashed but there is still hair scattered about. Annoying.

Haa, I love that line.
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostSun Apr 21, 2013 2:19 pm Offline
Turn on the shower. wash them away. Hope it doesn't block the drain.

Great little comicon the MMR vaccine scare of the late 90s which i hear only happened in the UK. We have our own conspiracy theories.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostFri Apr 26, 2013 9:27 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Well, I guess since I haven't heard anything yet, I probably didn't win the drawing for the SP Record Store Day contest. (I can only assume) And since I had to go out of town on record store day, I really couldn't check the shops to see if anyone had anything on hand.
I'm playing with my collection currently, in case you hadn't figured that out.
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostSat Apr 27, 2013 1:40 am Offline
The bus leaves at 9 AM to Vegas Sunday. Haaa, this is going to be fun waking up super early to get on it. :roll: I hate the morning!

Haa, I love that line.
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostThu May 02, 2013 3:25 pm Offline
i think we're in a second Cambrian explosion. Hear me out. The massive increase in the diversity of life called the Cambrian, in which so many animal body plans evolved, took place over the course of millions of years.

It was triggered by the evolution of the eye, they think, which started a predator-prey arms race. Death from predators or starving is what selected animals to evolve.

The evolution of the human brain has caused a mass extinction. It has selected animals to deal with the new force, the human mind. I think we are selecting for intelligence.

We've only been here for a few million years so its too early to tell. I think the world will be full of intelligent organisms from all manner of phyla in 10 million years if we don't blow the Earth up by then or wipe out all the animals ._.

Only the smartest will survive.

Of course we're likely to GM ourselves some rats with human brains just to piss off Michelle Bochmann & people like her, long before evolution has a chance to work.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here! PostThu May 02, 2013 4:06 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
We are selecting for species that can cohabitate with humans and our settlements. I observe this when I go fishing. The fish are easier to catch in places where they don't see man-made lures very much. Although with the rise of catch and release angling, we're removing the selective pressure for fish that fall for our baits.

Another species I see adapting well to humans is white-tailed deer. There's lots of goodies in the suburbs to munch on and no natural predators; just cars to dodge and some half-hearted chases from domestic dogs. They learn how to behave around roads and highways so they don't get killed. I don't know if that makes them smarter. To them it's just another predator to avoid.

We keep changing stuff so fast, it's going to be hard for evolution to keep up.
You read it! You can't unread it!

Sort by  
Page 2673 of 2687 40297 posts Previous  1 ... 2670, 2671, 2672, 2673, 2674, 2675, 2676 ... 2687  Next