Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 8 of 9 135 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostThu Sep 14, 2006 6:01 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7970Montgomery, AL
iceiwynd wrote:
People are idiots, running around and killing stingrays now because one accidentally killed Steve... Who, uh, attempted to teach people that doing sh*t like this is wrong. It's sad, how stupid the people in this world are.

I hate people. We can honor Steve's legacy better by NOT doing the exact opposite of what he taught us.
PostThu Sep 14, 2006 6:01 pm Offline
Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:06 pm2254New Atlanta, Sector 11, Building 71G
Grizim wrote:
Maybe I thought you were open-minded. There's nothing of material that can cause them to feel pain so it must be something beyond nature. I thought you were smart enough to know they don't have nervous systems or brains.

As I'm sure you know, real science never defers a conclusion to a supernatural explanation just because it does not have an answer at a given time. Science by definition is the study of the natural world. It has never posited that souls or spirits exist, nor is it the role of science to disprove them.

Living organisms can certainly detect physical damage in ways other than a nervous system. For example plants release certain chemicals whenever they are damaged (or touched for that matter). For obvious reasons it is advantageous to the survival of nearby plants of the same species if they can pick up on these chemicals if one of their neighbors is being eaten.

But now I suppose someone's going to lecture me on how I'm persecuting your beliefs by pointing that out.
PostThu Sep 14, 2006 8:52 pm Offline
Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:08 pm2504hillbilly hell
Grizim wrote:
Main point: Don't kill living organisms unless it's necessary. Yes, I consider meat necessary for some people. I don't think it's healthy to be a vegetarian. What I know is that Steve Irwin would be, and probably is, ashamed of his fans who went out killing innocent stingrays. They didn't do anything wrong.

I beg to differ-- I'm a vegan, and I'm alive and kickin'. I admit, I'm a few pounds below normal weight, and I have an iron deficiency, but other than that, I'm just fine. Plus, vegetarianism has been proven to add years to your life. But this has nothing to do with the health benefits of not eating meat. This has less to do with avenging the death of Steve Irwin than it relates to a bunch of idiots finding any old excuse to kill animals and get some publicity. I'm not even an advocate of severely hurting plants.

And the best way to honor Steve's legacy is using how he educated us.
PostFri Sep 15, 2006 11:40 am Offline
Wed May 24, 2006 11:17 am287Glasgow, Scotland
What a damn shame some morons are killing stingrays. They're such nice creatures too. I've been diving with them and just seeing them move and stuff is amazing.. What happened to Irwin was a horrible shame but stingrays dont deserve to be killed for it.
PostFri Sep 15, 2006 12:51 pm Offline
Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:57 pm1103Behind you
Athena1999 wrote:
I'm a vegan, and I'm alive and kickin'. I admit, I'm a few pounds below normal weight, and I have an iron deficiency, but other than that, I'm just fine.

I know, but I'm extremely light. I've tried working out to get a thicker build but it never works. I always layer my clothes so people don't ask me if I'm anorexic. If I stopped eating meat, I don't know what I would be.
As enjoyable as abuse.
PostFri Sep 15, 2006 2:04 pm Offline
Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:08 pm2504hillbilly hell
Grizim wrote:
Athena1999 wrote:
I'm a vegan, and I'm alive and kickin'. I admit, I'm a few pounds below normal weight, and I have an iron deficiency, but other than that, I'm just fine.

I know, but I'm extremely light. I've tried working out to get a thicker build but it never works. I always layer my clothes so people don't ask me if I'm anorexic. If I stopped eating meat, I don't know what I would be.

I don't think it's the meat. I think maybe it's the calories. There's protein shakes and other supplements that would be more effective than meat alone. Carbohydrates are the key. I've been in your shoes-- I've been trying to keep my weight up for quite some time, and I've done it just fine with that instant-breakfast stuff back when I wasn't a vegan. Maybe it's because you're a guy and have a faster metabolism. *shrug*

And it looks as if we've strayed from the original topic again.
PostFri Sep 15, 2006 3:11 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:02 am478UTAH.
Athena1999 wrote:
Grizim wrote:
Athena1999 wrote:

I don't think it's the meat. I think maybe it's the calories. There's protein shakes and other supplements that would be more effective than meat alone. Carbohydrates are the key. I've been in your shoes-- I've been trying to keep my weight up for quite some time, and I've done it just fine with that instant-breakfast stuff back when I wasn't a vegan. Maybe it's because you're a guy and have a faster metabolism. *shrug*

And it looks as if we've strayed from the original topic again.

i think it is how he is a guy and they hav faster metabolisim because my brother is the same way.

(and back on topic) how dare those people kill stingrays they are so cute and harmless until you scare them and then that is a completely different story
PostFri Sep 15, 2006 3:52 pm Offline
Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:17 pm6ireland
The people who attack sting rays are scum. Steve introduced me and a lot of people to nature. yeah he was crazy, yeah he was nuts but his love for other species found place with the working class. God bless. Be missed. Today i watched the show he was in the water with tiger sharks. Legend. God look after him
hail hail the celts are here
Re: STEVE IRWIN IS DEAD PostFri Sep 15, 2006 7:03 pm Offline
Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:24 am1
mors12 wrote:
Horrible...

We may have rolled our eyes at Steve's manic energy, but we all respected and admired him for his dedication to the environment and his obvious love for his family.

He will be missed by all of America, but surely most of all by his wife and two children. I hope that they feel the full support of the American people.

I must agree with you, I think he was an all around good guy, and I will miss him.
RIP Steve
Respect my athoritaaaa! Maybe this will teach you to listen to athoritaaaa!
PostSat Sep 16, 2006 8:24 am Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7970Montgomery, AL
Although I respect Steve Irwin's legacy and am against animal abuse, I am not a vegetarian and I find no reason for any person to object to eating meat. Many animals are carnivores. However, killing stingrays just because one happened to kill Steve Irwin is stupid; it goes against what the man taught us about nature, and he was aware that he might one day be killed by an animal. No one ever guessed it would have been a stingray, but nevertheless, the point remains. He loved the animals he worked with even though many wanted to kill him. He taught us to love and respect nature, not kill it because we're afraid of it.
PostSat Sep 16, 2006 9:53 am Offline
  • YIM
you would always think he would be killed by a croc. not by a sting ray :shock:
PostSat Sep 16, 2006 11:24 am Offline
Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:48 pm215wisconsin
yo-bindi wrote:
you would always think he would be killed by a croc. not by a sting ray :shock:

me too i always thought a croc would kill him
PostSat Sep 16, 2006 6:56 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
Grizim wrote:
Maybe I thought you were open-minded. There's nothing of material that can cause them to feel pain so it must be something beyond nature. I thought you were smart enough to know they don't have nervous systems or brains.

But, "spirit" is beside the point. If you want to argue with me about spirituality go to another thread where there's already an arguement going on about spirituality. I'll express the facts there.

Main point: Don't kill living organisms unless it's necessary. Yes, I consider meat necessary for some people. I don't think it's healthy to be a vegetarian. What I know is that Steve Irwin would be, and probably is, ashamed of his fans who went out killing innocent stingrays. They didn't do anything wrong.

Maybe I thought you had eyes so you could see the :lol: , but I must have been wrong. :roll: Or, perhaps you thought I would further chastise you, but I believe KTS just crushed you. :lol:

Like I said before, killing Rays is wrong, but I'm not going to give them a spirit off-hand. :lol:
That's how it's down here on the farm!
PostSat Sep 16, 2006 7:10 pm Offline
  • YIM
sting rays are one of my least favorite animals, but i really think killing them is wrong.

yeah one killed steve, it does not mean to go about killing them all.
PostSat Sep 16, 2006 7:14 pm Offline
Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:57 pm1103Behind you
You brought it on again. Maybe trees don't have spirits. KTS is right, and I never looked at it from his way. But my knowledge that humans do have spirits has nothing to do with this, but please still note I said "knowledge".

On the relevant subject, I am tired of seeing videos mocking Steve Irwin's death on YouTube. I was really embarrassed at one point when I laughed at one of the videos, because I know it's disgustingly wrong but on the other hand the creativity was quite impressive. This made me angry at myself for cracking up. If you're wondering why I'm searching through videos on stingrays on YouTube, it isn't necessarily to find his death video but to find videos showing how violent and painful the barb can be because I'm still in shock a stingray actually killed. Yes, I have always feared stingrays, but death never crossed my mind. I'm trying to figure out what the major deal was. I never really thought the barbs looked that sharp.
As enjoyable as abuse.

Sort by  
Page 8 of 9 135 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next