Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 3 35 posts 1, 2, 3  Next
The South Park App PostTue Feb 17, 2009 11:09 am Offline
Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:30 pm16
We first announced our iPhone App back in October, after we submitted the Application to Apple for approval. After a couple of attempts to get the application approved, we are sad to say that our app has been rejected. According to Apple, the content was "potentially offensive." But Apple did admit that the standards would evolve, citing that when iTunes first launched it didn't sell any music with explicit lyrics. At this point, we are sad to say, the app is dead in the water. Sorry, South Park fans.

Check out the article on BoingBoing for more info.
Re: The South Park App PostTue Feb 17, 2009 12:08 pm Offline
Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:05 pm6155in
Having troubles posting this? There are two other threads with blank stuff in it. Maybe you or Will can delete them seeing that this one has information in it and the other two don't.

But anyways, I don't have an iphone so it doesn't really affect me. Too bad people are still offended by "dirty" words still.
Re: The South Park App PostTue Feb 17, 2009 1:02 pm Offline
Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:56 pm3
Why not develop an Android application for the T-mobile G1 and other future Android devices. It's becoming really popular and there isn't any type of approval process. It's all open.
Re: The South Park App PostTue Feb 17, 2009 1:21 pm Offline
Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:04 pm10The land of flapping head people... Nova Scotia!
That's totally lame. I mean, I know that some people can get offended by dirty words or whatever, but if they don't like it then I'm pretty sure they're smart enough to not download it/ watch it or whatever. If not then they have serious problems.
Re: The South Park App PostTue Feb 17, 2009 1:28 pm Offline
Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:56 pm3
How is this application Potentially offensive when the uncensored full episodes, Bigger Longer and Uncut and different South Park albums that iTunes sells aren't?
Re: The South Park App PostTue Feb 17, 2009 2:00 pm Offline
Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:56 pm0
The App Store is horrible. Imagine being charged to shop in a mall? (Well, Costco notwithstanding.)

I look forward to the South Park episode about Apple Fandom and how you pay so much and get so very little in return.

IN the real world, I say screw the App store and release the app to a Cydia depository so jailbreakers like myself can download and enjoy :)
Re: The South Park App PostTue Feb 17, 2009 4:58 pm Offline
Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:31 pm4
of course it's politically offensive, it actually tells it like it is instead of souly from a liberal perspective. :zombiekenny:
Re: The South Park App PostTue Feb 17, 2009 7:29 pm Offline
Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:22 pm0
You guys should see about "reading" the iTunes "Application Preferences" for "Explicit Content" ... if thats enabled and not unlocked then blam ! The application works ... simple solution to me, maybe you did that already. If this isn't "open" ... as im sure that pref file is locked down maybe you guys can convince Apple to open up this part of their SDK, and ... this should be open to all applications and should be more of a general pref then one for just iTunes.

Hope this helps !

CM
Re: The South Park App PostTue Feb 17, 2009 8:01 pm Offline
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am498My own private torture chamber
Yeah, not sure what all that means, but they SUCK!
Re: The South Park App PostTue Feb 17, 2009 8:52 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
that sucks hard. :(
Re: The South Park App PostTue Feb 17, 2009 10:52 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Re: The South Park App PostWed Feb 18, 2009 1:26 am Offline
Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:34 pm0
I can just see it now... a new South Park episode about Terrance and Phillip trying to get their OWN iPhone App, and it gets rejected, but their movies are being sold in iTunes.

:roll:
Re: The South Park App PostWed Feb 18, 2009 1:44 pm Offline
Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:36 pm0
Wait wait wait... so its okay for Apple to demonstrate South Park on the Apple TV demo, sell the movie AND every single episode on iTunes, many of them uncensored, AND promote it to the front page of iTunes, but its not okay to have that same fun on the iPhone? Where's the limit? Its okay to have thirty different fart generators and annoying-sound/baby-crying applications that make people want to pull their hair out, but a streaming video app? God help us.

I'm seriously getting sick and tired of the App Store arbitrary restrictions. What ever happened to transparency? What happened to letting people download what they want? If a parent complains about their child watching South Park on their iPhone, don't give them a bloody iPhone, or at the very least put up the parental controls that disable certain features like downloading from the App Store.

Hey guys, you know there is a jailbreak market for rejected apps. Ever considered that option?
Re: The South Park App PostWed Feb 18, 2009 7:23 pm Offline
Sun May 20, 2007 10:44 am0
I agree, allow people with jailbroken iPhones to use it. Host it on Cydia with Planet-iPhones, The Big Boss, or Modmyi.
Re: The South Park App PostWed Feb 18, 2009 10:22 pm Offline
Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:02 pm0
i can't believe people can be so stupid!!! How would kids get access to a cell phone unless there parents give them one? and if they are old enough to have a phone i'm sure they are old enough to be swearing as well. It's just words why does everyone make such a big deal about it. Parents should be teaching their kids when to swear and when not to swear. Not teaching them that all swearing is bad cause that is just out right retarded!

Sort by  
Page 1 of 3 35 posts 1, 2, 3  Next