Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 3 35 posts Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Re: The South Park App PostWed Feb 18, 2009 10:25 pm Offline
Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:08 pm6
As my buddy, well not really, buddy Cartman says "Awww, dude lame!"
That woulda been so awesome if there was an SP app
Re: The South Park App PostThu Feb 19, 2009 3:06 am Offline
Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:56 am10
I'm not surprised. As an iPhone SDK developer I gotta say that coding stuff for Apple is HELL. You cannot make a GPS app, no serious Bluetooth stuff, and now SP says they cannot publish their app. If it wasn't for the popularity and smugness of Apple products, I'd recommend everybody switich back to Java apps or the Android SDK.
Re: The South Park App PostThu Feb 19, 2009 3:27 am
At least iTunes has the South Park Imaginationland App. I have it and enjoy it very much. Too bad about the other South Park App, however. I would have liked to have both of them. At least I have the Imaginationland App. That's something.
Re: The South Park App PostThu Feb 19, 2009 2:58 pm Offline
Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:53 pm0
I posted the following in the “contact us” for App Store problems:
—————
This is certainly the wrong category and subcategory, but I have been eagerly awaiting the availability of the “South Park” app for my iPod Touch. I read today that Apple has rejected this app because it is potentially offensive:
http://www.ipodobserver.com/ipo/article ... pp_denied/
So, I’m doing a one month purchasing moratorium of Apple iTunes Store. You can view my account and see that I am a regular customer. I might begin purchasing again in April. I haven’t decided. But the censorship of main stream humor in the App Store is quite objectionable. You can change my mind by changing yours, and accepting the “South Park” app.

—————
I’d urge other South Park fans who spend lots of their money in the iTunes Store and App Store to do the same.

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store/browser/
Re: The South Park App PostThu Feb 19, 2009 4:18 pm Offline
Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:14 pm0
Hi Guys,

Not sure how much you were going to charge for this app whe it was on the store or make free, but I have a suggestion since it has been rejected by Apple.

Maybe you could just release it for free so users of jailbroken Iphones and Ipod touches can use it. You could include small advertisments, this way you could make some money off of it, if you were going to charge in the App Store.

I know if you went with releasing the app, people with the jailbroken stuff would be all over it.

What do you think?

Cheers :D
Re: The South Park App PostThu Feb 19, 2009 9:31 pm Offline
Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:47 pm0
No offense to apple, but this is crap.
The only reason Apple won't let them is because the app would be too valuable-a one time fee of 10 bucks to get unlimited clips that you would other wise have to pay 2 bucks for each episode. Apple just doesn't want to lose money.
Too explicit? PLEASE. They sell explicit songs and South Park episodes.
I say we petition :)
Fingers crossed. PostSat Feb 21, 2009 1:01 am Offline
Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:43 am0
Well, if the app was free you could release it to the jail-broken iPhone community through Cydia instead of iTunes... I'm not quite sure of the details but Google will have the answer.

If the app isn't free then you'd have to wait a little longer. Standards do evolve, Apple will keep its word about that. Like in the episode It Hits the Fan. Still, we have our fingers crossed. The app seems killer to me (I'm sure loads of people would buy the iPhone just to get this app if it is marketed well and great enough), and the approval committee at Apple would not be very strategically intelligent not to approve it.
Re: The South Park App PostSat Feb 21, 2009 1:31 am Offline
Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:00 pm0
You guys should make an Android app just to kick Apple's ass. It should become very popular worldwide so let them be sorry for this decision.
Re: The South Park App PostMon Feb 23, 2009 4:30 pm Offline
Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:55 am0
that f*ckin sux! go for the app anyway! f*ck apple!! :evil:
Re: The South Park App PostMon Feb 23, 2009 5:15 pm Offline
Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:06 pm0
> Wait wait wait... so its okay for Apple to demonstrate South Park on the Apple TV demo, sell the movie AND every single episode on iTunes, many of them uncensored, AND promote it to the front page of iTunes, but its not okay to have that same fun on the iPhone?

They just want to protect their iTunes sales, probably the same reason they don't want flash on the iPhone...

Couldn't you just publish that app via Installer and/or Cydia? Then you could at least watch on jailbroken devices.

mfg
Re: The South Park App PostMon Feb 23, 2009 5:29 pm
ButtersDad wrote:
We first announced our iPhone App back in October, after we submitted the Application to Apple for approval. After a couple of attempts to get the application approved, we are sad to say that our app has been rejected. According to Apple, the content was "potentially offensive." But Apple did admit that the standards would evolve, citing that when iTunes first launched it didn't sell any music with explicit lyrics. At this point, we are sad to say, the app is dead in the water. Sorry, South Park fans.

At least Apple did admit that the standards would evolve. So I hope that South Park App Developers keep working on the App as if it was approved, fix any bugs that are found, and keep updating it so when the day comes (and I believe that the day will come) that Apple finally agrees to the app for the iPhone and the iPod Touch, that South Park will be ready with a killer app, more so then it's current version.

Keep working on the app, South Park Developers. Your day will come. And I think it will be soon. It may be dead in the water today, but tomorrow is another day!
Re: The South Park App PostTue Feb 24, 2009 6:12 am Offline
Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:13 pm46
You guys should look into putting it on Cydia...
Re: The South Park App PostSat Feb 28, 2009 8:04 am Offline
Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:59 am0
Good news people, on cydia there is a South Park mobile app.

This app features all seasons of south park, the only downside is that the people who made this app are doing it for the love of this show, and they constantly need donations to keep the app alive, maybe you guys should check it out.

REMEMBER YOU NEED A JAILBROKEN IPOD/IPHONE

Possibly South Park Studios can help out.
Re: The South Park App PostSun Mar 01, 2009 4:18 am Offline
Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:12 am0
and how the f*** should I watch South Park now, in freakin England?
That was the only hope left, I had!!

I'm originally from Germany, but a study abroad student in London for one semester.
So am I being punished for that??

I'm really mad at you South Park guys.
Seriously!
The amount of madness is even higher than the amount of liking your show at the moment...
this means I'm really REALLY pissed!

PS: and I don't have jailbroken one :,-(((
Re: The South Park App PostSun Mar 01, 2009 1:37 pm Offline
Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:30 pm0
That sucks! :( I was really looking forward to South Park Episodes on my iPhone.

I think I'll manage to survive though as someone else has made a South Park App and uploaded it to Cydia. (sort of like App Store but for jailbreaked iPhones and iPods)

Sort by  
Page 2 of 3 35 posts Previous  1, 2, 3  Next