Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 3 35 posts Previous  1, 2, 3
Re: The South Park App PostFri Mar 06, 2009 3:40 pm Offline
  • YIM
Fri May 25, 2007 6:38 pm1419Texas by way of Ohio
ButtersDad wrote:
We first announced our iPhone App back in October, after we submitted the Application to Apple for approval. After a couple of attempts to get the application approved, we are sad to say that our app has been rejected. According to Apple, the content was "potentially offensive." But Apple did admit that the standards would evolve, citing that when iTunes first launched it didn't sell any music with explicit lyrics. At this point, we are sad to say, the app is dead in the water. Sorry, South Park fans.

Check out the article on BoingBoing for more info.

I'm afraid I have to call bullsh*t on Apple here. Potentially offensive? Most people who can afford an iPod/iPhone are old enough to download "offensive" material if they so choose.

I just got my iPod Touch and I enjoy the Imagination land app. I came running over here just to get the info on the SP app and get met with this mess.

Thanks for thinking of us, SP.
Re: The South Park App PostSat Mar 14, 2009 3:12 pm Offline
Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:39 pm0
Could one of the guys behind this app say what he thinks bout putting the application on Cydia. Now with the Cydia store they could even charge for it ...
A reply by someone would be great!
Greetz from Germany
Re: The South Park App PostWed Jun 24, 2009 8:45 pm Offline
Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:07 pm0
After updating my iPhone to OS 3.0, I updated my apps from the iTunes store. I got a message saying something to the effect of "One or more of the applications you are downloading contains potentially offensive content. Are you sure you want to download?"

Does this mean Apple has their head at least partway out of their ass? I hope the South Park team will re-submit the SP app soon just to see if anything has changed. They may have to re-test it with OS 3.0 before submitting, though.
Re: The South Park App PostSat Feb 20, 2010 2:42 pm Offline
Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:21 pm0
Any luck on trying to resubmit this for iPhone software 3.0 with the newer parental flags that may be set? I would like to see this available if Apple will approve it now if you flag it for adults only :)
Re: The South Park App PostSat Dec 04, 2010 12:40 pm Offline
Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:38 pm0
Any news on a Android app?

Sort by  
Page 3 of 3 35 posts Previous  1, 2, 3