Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 3 33 posts 1, 2, 3  Next
"A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostMon Jul 12, 2010 1:40 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
From the Comedy Central Press Release:

"A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD GIFT SET
PEEK INSIDE THE CONFUSED AND MAGICAL WORLD
OF LEOPOLD "BUTTERS" STOTCH.
A COLLECTIBLE BOX FILLED WITH HIS MOST PRIZED POSSESSIONS
(AS WELL AS REMINDERS OF HIS MISADVENTURES)
TO BE RELEASED BY COMEDY CENTRAL® HOME ENTERTAINMENT AND
HITTING STORES ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28

NEW YORK, July 12, 2010 -- This is for all the true "South Park" fans of the little guy who would love to own, cherish and proudly display "A Little Box of Butters" DVD gift set on their shelf as a badge of honor. Released via COMEDY CENTRAL Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment, "A Little Box of Butters" DVD gift set arrives in stores nationwide on Tuesday, September 28.

This collectible box includes 13 widescreen Butters-centric episodes remastered in 5.1 Surround Sound on a two-disc set and an exclusive "It's Butters! A Trivia Game" interactive experience where fans can test their Butters knowledge with friends. It is also filled with treasures from Butters' past as well as a reminder of his misadventures such as the following:

• A pimp chain from "Butters' Bottom Bitch" episode (#1309)
• Inspector Butters Badge from "Butters Very Own Episode" episode (# 514)
• All new manuscript of the lost chapter from "The Poop That Took A Pee" from "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs" episode (#1402)
• A cancelled check from Paris Hilton from "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset" episode (#812)
• And more!
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostMon Jul 12, 2010 1:49 pm Offline
Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:36 am215
I'm liking the boxset art.

Will there be a R2 release?
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostMon Jul 12, 2010 2:18 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Widescreen formatted? Will that also be the case for older eps created in 4:3? Because if there's 13 episodes in this set, there's going to have to be several that predate the switchover to 16:9. (Not to mention there needs to be episodes from that period simply to honor the intent of this DVD set.)
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostMon Jul 12, 2010 2:21 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Can I-Can I get a Blu-ray version for all my hard work on this board (the DVD packaging for the S13 box set was REALLY sh*tty)? Please? Pretty please? With a hamburger on top?
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostMon Jul 12, 2010 3:02 pm Offline
Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:18 am20Portugal
Will it be out in Europe? :D
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostMon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Oh awesome! :mrgreen: I'm liking all the swag that comes with it too. :lol:
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostMon Jul 12, 2010 4:21 pm Offline
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am498My own private torture chamber
Nice way to make some cash. ;)

Nice way to spend some too. I'll definitely be adding this to my lil collection! Gotta love that Butters.
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostMon Jul 12, 2010 4:45 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
A cancelled check from Paris Hilton. How original...I like it.
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostMon Jul 12, 2010 4:49 pm Offline
Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:20 pm1
I like this. Usually am not a fool for compilation sets, but I like the idea of having episodes of a certain character all in one set. So that way, if im in the mood for a butters marathon, I don't have to go through my season sets, just the butters set.

I also like the added goodies. And the design of the package.

Hey, curious, Yous guys have already released a set concentrating on Cartman's wacky adventures, and now one for Butters.

I am wondering, thinking of any other characters for this kind of treatment?

Mr./Ms. Garrison sure has had quite the journey through the series. From trying to assassinate Kathie Lee Gifford, to writing a novel, to coming up with an invention, to hiding in mountains due to being gay, to sex-change, to a romantic relationship with an atheist, to becoming a lesbian, to becoming a man again, he sure has quite the tales to tell.

Or, Kenny has some nice episodes around him. Or, episodes about him (when Cartman drank his remains, then they had to build a ladder to Heaven to go up and speak to Kenny)

Randy has a pretty good amount of episodes. Hasn't really been concentrated on up until recent seasons, but theres probably a good bit of episodes for him for a dvd release.

Anyways, as for this Butters set, looking forward to hear what episodes will be on this set.
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostMon Jul 12, 2010 7:38 pm Offline
Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:52 pm5Currently resides in a cup of Instant Ramen.
I can't wait to get it!
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostMon Jul 12, 2010 7:59 pm Offline
Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:38 pm1199Candy Island
I will buy it on Ebay or Amazon when I get my credit card by September. It's about time Butters have his own DVD collection since he's one of the popular character throughout the series.
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostMon Jul 12, 2010 8:57 pm Offline
Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:29 am39
nall wrote:
• And more!

What can "and more" be?

I hope it's a precious video of Backdoor Sluts 9 in a Lord of the Rings case from Two Towers movie rental.

I hope it's not an anal suppository.
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostMon Jul 12, 2010 10:08 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
aerojockey wrote:
nall wrote:
• And more!

What can "and more" be?

I hope it's a precious video of Backdoor Sluts 9 in a Lord of the Rings case from Two Towers movie rental.

I hope it's not an anal suppository.

How about drawings of other kids on the show?
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostMon Jul 12, 2010 11:23 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Cool i must get that heres the box art work.

http://uk.dvd.ign.com/dor/objects/80536 ... =mediaFull
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostTue Jul 13, 2010 4:17 am Offline
Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:33 pm218
triplemultiplex wrote:
Widescreen formatted? Will that also be the case for older eps created in 4:3?

I'm sure it will be. An iTunes featurette showed an episode from 2000 in 16:9 HD (Timmy 2000). It also did remastered.

If you wanna see the boxart, go here:
http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/artic ... 239585.jpg
EDIT: The person above me just posted it, ah well. I posted the link to just the image, not the rest of the IGN stuff :P

I like it, looks like it was designed by Butters himself :P I also REALLY love the "Best friends forever" picture at the bottom! awww :mrgreen:

Sort by  
Page 1 of 3 33 posts 1, 2, 3  Next