Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 3 33 posts Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostTue Jul 13, 2010 7:32 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
i'm gonna buy it when it comes to hmv or best buy. i might buy it in the states
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostThu Jul 15, 2010 1:23 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:37 pm42
If I bought the Cult of Cartman, I would buy this as I love both characters.
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostFri Jul 16, 2010 3:09 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Dedpole wrote:
If I bought the Cult of Cartman, I would buy this as I love both characters.

...And then you could make the Cult of Cartman box set get the Box of Butters to do all sorts of crazy-stupid stuff! Kinda like the stuff you used to do with your G.I. Joes and your sister's Barbies when you thought no one was looking!
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostFri Jul 16, 2010 7:19 pm Offline
Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:57 pm2
[quote="BigBadTornado"]

Randy has a pretty good amount of episodes. Hasn't really been concentrated on up until recent seasons, but theres probably a good bit of episodes for him for a dvd release.

Randy definitely needs a box set. He's by far my favorite secondary character.
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostMon Jul 19, 2010 11:27 am Offline
Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:40 pm12
Dude! First the fatass gets his own DVD with episodes about himself. And now the dorkiest little blonde retard earns more recognition on DVD. If I didn't know any better, Butters used to be one of the minor characters until the end of the fifth season when he becomes the new main character. I hate Butters almost as much as I despise Cartman.
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostMon Jul 19, 2010 1:45 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
ShadowMark wrote:
Dude! First the fatass gets his own DVD with episodes about himself. And now the dorkiest little blonde retard earns more recognition on DVD. If I didn't know any better, Butters used to be one of the minor characters until the end of the fifth season when he becomes the new main character. I hate Butters almost as much as I despise Cartman.

I hate Cartman too, but Butters is fine for me.
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostWed Jul 21, 2010 9:12 am Offline
Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:11 pm7
i wonder... will this new butters DVD hold another XBOX Live Pro.CHAOS DLC? im tired of hearing PPL ask me how i got it...

that way i can tell them "GO BUY BUTTERS NEW DVD!"
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostWed Jul 28, 2010 10:29 am Offline
Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:07 pm4Guadalajara, Mexico
Who wouldn't want a reminder of Butters in their shelf? Everybody love Butters!!
Wonder what 'much more' could be...
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostWed Jul 28, 2010 4:06 pm Offline
Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:50 pm0
soo excited that there is going to be a butters dvd. :D cannot wait. i think he is always funny in every episode he is in, always getting into something stupid. love love love it. butters is def the perfect character to pick to have a box set all of his own. he would be mega excited.

"its Butters."
"thaaaaats me!" lol :)
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostWed Jul 28, 2010 6:23 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
A listing of episodes contained in the DVD would be nice. :?
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostThu Aug 05, 2010 10:45 pm Offline
Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:05 pm0
ill probably get it. does anyone know how much it will cost?? :santa: :unhoodedkenny: :lol: :zombiekenny:
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostSun Aug 15, 2010 3:59 pm Offline
Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:06 am12
I hate Butters almost as much as I despise Cartman.[/quote]

You've got to be joking. Then what are you doing even posting on this site? While Stan and Kyle may be the (mostly) rational heads and conscience of the series, Eric Cartman is the very root source of most of the chaos, mayhem, and insanity that sparks the flame of comedy for this show. He's the very voice of all our human bigotry, narcissism, insecurities, laziness, and all of our more negative qualities (for the most part) that delay or hinder our progress as a society and the best part is, we can still love him and laugh at him because he's just a kid who has no idea what the hell he's talking about. And Butters is Cartman's mirror image (in the sense that they're exact polar opposites). Butters is the eternal innocent victim (for the most part) embodying childish innocence, kindness, and naivety that we can enjoy seeing being taken advantage of. Of course, I still feel bad for Butters - especially with those parents (I mean, damn!) I'm far from being an authority on this show, but I don't understand how you can be a fan and not appreciate both of these characters. But that's just me.
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostSun Aug 15, 2010 4:34 pm Offline
Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:06 am12
I have to say, although I truly love Butters, I'm not that psyched about this dvd set. I love Cartman also, but was disappointed by the Cult of Cartman dvd set I bought. Sure, it was nice seeing Cartman doing his lectures/life lessons to classical period music, but I'd hoped for maybe some montages, or some kind of Cartman narration over certain scenes with him and the other kids with his interpretation of events or a schematic of his plan for world domination or just something more than what there was. And there were even alot of episodes that centered much more around Cartman than some of the episodes that made it to the dvd that were absent such as "Tsst," "Cartman's Mom Is A Dirty Slut (parts 1 and 2)," "The Passion of the Jew (Cartman's peak of anti-semitism)," and others. I'm not going to bitch, I'm just sceptical that Box of Butters is going to have anything more to offer than the dvds of the series. If Comedy Central and the South Park staff do include any more, I have to ask, as I've just watched Canada On Strike and can't get that damned "What What In My Butt" song out of my head (which now that I think about it, kind-of worries me about a few things:) to possibly please include this in some way (it would be especially sweet to do it as a music video ending with that shot of Butters in the hospital getting that awful thing up his butt in The Death of Eric Cartman while he's vibrated practically to death - ouch - Jesus Christ! He really does have the worst parents on South Park - no wonder I feel so sorry for him now that I think about it) as well as the "I've Got Something in My Front Pocket for You" as a possible music video full length song featuring various highlights of Butter's adventures and so forth. Have to say though, if that link in the previous post was legit, I love the cover art for the dvd set - it's so completely Butters. I can actually picture Butters opening up a coloring book and saying "howdy folks. Well, gosh. I'm really surprised you want to know more about me but..." Awesome. But please tell me there's more than just episodes I can buy on the SP season dvds, a little bit of Butters dialogue, some trivia games and cereal box prizes. Sorry if I sound like a dick.
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostSun Aug 15, 2010 6:59 pm Offline
Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:15 pm1598Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Douchebags.
I really do wish that South Park DVDs had full length commentaries on all episodes and more extras. That's why I've never really bothered buying any of them.
They should take a tip from The Simpsons DVDs, which are pretty great.
Re: "A LITTLE BOX OF BUTTERS" DVD PRESS RELEASE PostSun Aug 15, 2010 10:59 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Jake, M'kay? wrote:
I really do wish that South Park DVDs had full length commentaries on all episodes and more extras. That's why I've never really bothered buying any of them.
They should take a tip from The Simpsons DVDs, which are pretty great.

They did that for the first season, but decided people wouldn't be interested in a bunch of boring crap for 22 minutes.

Sort by  
Page 2 of 3 33 posts Previous  1, 2, 3  Next