Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 15 posts
Making the site better for you! PostWed Apr 20, 2011 10:49 am OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Hey, we're currently making lots of little updates to the site in order to make your season 15 experience better. Please let us know if you run into any issues, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Re: Making the site better for you! PostWed Apr 20, 2011 11:55 am Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:12 am2
I dont know if this is just me but when ever i click on shop it just brings up a white screen and it says it finished loading im sorry if this is just me, i do not mean to be annoying.
Re: Making the site better for you! PostWed Apr 20, 2011 12:23 pm Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am405
Will do.
Re: Making the site better for you! PostWed Apr 20, 2011 12:34 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Proffesor Chaos220 wrote:
I dont know if this is just me but when ever i click on shop it just brings up a white screen and it says it finished loading im sorry if this is just me, i do not mean to be annoying.

Loads fine for me. Might have been fixed in the last 30 minutes.

nall wrote:
Hey, we're currently making lots of little updates to the site in order to make your season 15 experience better. Please let us know if you run into any issues, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Can we get a list of the planned updates?
Re: Making the site better for you! PostWed Apr 20, 2011 2:39 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
nall wrote:

How about a link to the CHAT ROOM? Members of the board and even guests on the board can go to the CHAT and talk about season 15.

The only current direct link that works to get to the CHAT without an IRC Client is:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stan_marsh ... t/sps.html

I would like to see an official link if possible to click on for the CHAT located somewhere on this updated SPS site. I think that would help make our season 15 experience better imo.

Also, during this update process, I notice that I am now unable to select any avy's expression other than the default expression.
Re: Making the site better for you! PostWed Apr 20, 2011 2:49 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Problems I've noticed:
I've been meaning to bring this up for a few days, but I keep forgetting; the avatar expressions are on the blink again. I can't select any thing, therefore "default" always gets posted. You can't see it, but I was hovering over "sad" right there.

Also, the content in the downloads section seems to be missing. I just figured that it's carryover from everything going down last week.

I believe the issues with the player and the avatar system have been voiced often and frequently, but I'll reiterate.
...'kay, short story long...
I browse the BBS while watching TV most of the time. If someone has a question about something, and I need to re-visit an episode online to answer it, I'll do it during the commercials, and pause when the TV show I'm watching comes back on. Lately when I've done that, the player will un-pause on it's own, and usually it continues on at the next act. Which seems to be part of another player issue all together. Sometimes while playing a episode, the player will skip from a random point in one act to the beginning of the next one.

The main issue with the avatar builder right now is that new ones are not saving to the forums. Noobs can't un-noob themselves, and regulars can't update their avvys.

I think that covers just about all of that right now.

The only other thing I'd like to see is the whole forum being a tad wider, showing more of the main post window... And maybe the pinball game being resurrected if that's at all possible.
Re: Making the site better for you! PostWed Apr 20, 2011 5:13 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Hey BRMBug,

BRMBug wrote:
I've been meaning to bring this up for a few days, but I keep forgetting; the avatar expressions are on the blink again. I can't select any thing, therefore "default" always gets posted.

BRMBug wrote:
The main issue with the avatar builder right now is that new ones are not saving to the forums. Noobs can't un-noob themselves, and regulars can't update their avvys.

I think both of these issues are now fixed.

BRMBug wrote:
Also, the content in the downloads section seems to be missing.

What specifically?

BRMBug wrote:
Lately when I've done that, the player will un-pause on it's own

How long has it been paused for when this happens?

BRMBug wrote:
Sometimes while playing a episode, the player will skip from a random point in one act to the beginning of the next one.

This behavior has been seen on a number of streaming sites, and there are a bunch of people looking into it. Please let us know when/where you bump into this; it's a useful data point for them.
Re: Making the site better for you! PostThu Apr 21, 2011 1:20 am Offline
nall wrote:
BRMBug wrote:
I've been meaning to bring this up for a few days, but I keep forgetting; the avatar expressions are on the blink again. I can't select any thing, therefore "default" always gets posted.

I think both of these issues are now fixed.

Hmm. Well, I can once again select different expressions, but they're still not showing up in my posts. I'm just seeing the default.

nall wrote:
BRMBug wrote:
Also, the content in the downloads section seems to be missing.

What specifically?

Well this afternoon I couldn't bring anything up. Right now I can only access screensavers and wallpaper. All of the Images and sounds seem to be missing

nall wrote:
BRMBug wrote:
Lately when I've done that, the player will un-pause on it's own

How long has it been paused for when this happens?

It varies. The last two times it happened, I'd say it was between 3 and 5 minutes. Although one time, it happened while I was getting a drink from the kitchen, so that's like less than a minute. I'll try and do some more testing on it and get back to you with something a little more specific.

nall wrote:
BRMBug wrote:
Sometimes while playing a episode, the player will skip from a random point in one act to the beginning of the next one.

This behavior has been seen on a number of streaming sites, and there are a bunch of people looking into it. Please let us know when/where you bump into this; it's a useful data point for them.

Will do.
Re: Making the site better for you! PostThu Apr 21, 2011 1:53 pm Offline
Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:37 pm845Texas
This is just a general thing but honestly, I have not and still do not like the layout of the site. Too much scrolling and not enough pay off. Plus, I don't exactly have the best computer in the world so whenever I am loading this site after clearing my cookies and what not it takes for-ev-er to load. I don't like that the log in box is teeny tiny in the corner because sometimes my computer logs me out. I also think the main page is really cluttered. I know this isn't the place for this but I just got reminded of it with the "making the site better" title. :/
Re: Making the site better for you! PostFri Apr 22, 2011 1:54 pm Offline
JesusComplex wrote:
TI don't like that the log in box is teeny tiny in the corner because sometimes my computer logs me out.

That's why I always do the "remember me" thing. Also, if you click on the forum button, and scroll down to the bottom of the forum index, there's a place where you can log in down there.
Re: Making the site better for you! PostFri Apr 22, 2011 11:45 pm Offline
nall wrote:
BRMBug wrote:

Wow, I have a big 'un. I also have some skipping to report. *badaloompski* :mrgreen:

I just watched "It Hits the Fan", and it skipped 3 times.
First from Act 2 at 8:40, to the beginning of Act 3; 13:56.
Second from Act 3 at 15:00 to the beginning of Act 4; 19:19.
Third was during the credits at 21:07 to the end at 21:32.

I don't think I've seen it skip that much during a single episode before. After each skip, I'd drag the scrub bar cursor back to where it left off and try to keep watching, but a new electronic malady has surfaced.
Besides for the skipping, there were a few times I just ran it back to re-watch something I missed or didn't quite hear. After about the third time I did that, and once the video started buffering, the video would play, but there was no audio. I couldn't even pause it. I was even rapid-fire clicking on the pause button (as one does while panicking), and couldn't get it to stop. Then finally about 8 seconds later, the video would pause and the audio would start playing. When I let it play out, and it got to the point where the video had stopped, the two would sync up and play properly.

I hope that all made sense. I'm gonna go try to watch some other eps and see if I still experience all of that.

Edit: I'm also still experiencing the latter avatar expression problem. I can select, say... "worried", but it's not showing up on my post.
Re: Making the site better for you! PostSat Apr 23, 2011 12:39 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Heh, I can't change anyone's moods. Not even my own. Something's wrong with the expressions.
Re: Making the site better for you! PostSat Apr 23, 2011 2:03 am Offline
I watched all of Proper Condom Use without any problems. Including pausing and moving to the kitchen, and making snacks and getting drinks. I even managed to pause South Park Is Gay for almost an hour to watch a tv show without it resuming on it's own. I'll have to play around with things more tomorrow and see if anything happens.
Re: Making the site better for you! PostSun Apr 24, 2011 1:01 am Offline
Ignore this one, I'm testing expressions.
Re: Making the site better for you! PostSun Apr 24, 2011 2:49 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Now you've got me doing it, and I wonder who these people are.

#27 - Wait, this one was breayle's

The noob default

#53, me - note how my default expression is the same as the noob's. It shouldn't be.

#95 - he has not used the new avatar creator

#101 - nor has this guy

I'll post more interesting avys as I go through the list.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 15 posts