Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 5 posts
New Avatar Features and Facebook Week PostMon Apr 25, 2011 12:33 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
SOUTHPARKSTUDIOS.COM LAUNCHES NEW “SOUTH PARK” AVATAR CREATOR APP
AND ANNOUNCES “SOUTH PARK” FACEBOOK WEEK

New Features Allow Users To Print Personalized Avatars
On Wide Array Of Products From
Zazzle.com Including Shirts, Mugs, iPhone Cases And Skins

Fans Asked To Participate In "South Park" Facebook Week
By Designing Personalized "South Park" Avatars And Posting As Their Facebook Profile Photo

The 15th Season Of “South Park” Premieres On Wednesday, April 27 At 10 P.M.

NEW YORK, April 25, 2011 – South Park Digital Studios LLC, the joint venture between "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and COMEDY CENTRAL, a division of MTVN Entertainment Group, a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), announced today the launch of the new “South Park” Avatar Creator on SouthParkStudios.com and the start of “South Park” Facebook Week.

The new “South Park” Avatar Creator App, which allows fans to design their own individual “South Park” character that can be saved and shared with friends, was designed and built by South Park Digital Studios and Hooky Interactive. The new App, available for Apple’s iPhone and iPad and for the first-time-ever on Android phones, include a suite of new features including a deeper integration with Facebook and more extensive usability, functionality and personalization.

To celebrate the launch of the new Avatar Creator and the season 15 premiere of “South Park” on April 27, South Park Digital Studios is asking fans to participate in “South Park” Facebook week. Fans can go to www.facebook.com/southpark to design their own South Park Avatar and then save it as their profile pic. In the process, fans can help “South Park” reach 30 million Facebook fans.

The revamped Web version of the "South Park" Avatar creator was built in Flash and gives users a richer, more personalized experience – from posting on Facebook, saving and editing multiple Avatars to printing their Avatars on a variety of products featured on Zazzle.com, including t-shirts, mugs, photo sculptures and iPhone cases and skins.

The new iOS version, available via the Apple App Store, was given a complete overhaul. Users now have the ability to choose from multiple body types, save and edit Avatars on their iPhones and assign directly to contacts. This version also features a new Facebook integration with improved color options. For the first time an Android version of the app, built using Adobe Air, was also launched and available via the Android Marketplace.

Launched in 1997, "South Park," starting its 15th season on April 27, remains the highest-rated series on COMEDY CENTRAL. "South Park" repeats Wednesdays at 12:00 a.m.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are co-creators and executive producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning "South Park," with Anne Garefino also serving as executive producer.

COMEDY CENTRAL, the only all-comedy network, currently is seen in more than 98 million homes nationwide. COMEDY CENTRAL is owned by, and is a registered trademark of, Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned division of Viacom Inc.'s (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B) MTV Networks. COMEDY CENTRAL's Internet address is www.comedycentral.com. For up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs visit Press Central, COMEDY CENTRAL's press web site at www.comedycentral.com/press. Follow us on Twitter @comedycentralpr for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.

MTV Networks, a division of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), is one of the world’s leading creators of entertainment content, with brands that engage and connect diverse audiences across television, online, mobile, games, virtual worlds and consumer products. The company’s portfolio spans more than 150 television channels and 400 digital media properties worldwide, and includes MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, Harmonix, Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., TeenNick, AddictingGames, Neopets, COMEDY CENTRAL, SPIKE, TV Land, Atom, GameTrailers and Xfire.
Re: New Avatar Features and Facebook Week PostMon Apr 25, 2011 1:27 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Well, best of luck with this project.

For me, it reminds me of "A Charlie Brown Christmas" where Charlie Brown comments that Christmas has become to commercialized - here Zazzle.com will use our Avy creations and sell them back to us on (among other things)
t-shirts, mugs, photo sculptures and iPhone cases and skins.

In this economy, I and many people just can't afford it. So I'll keep my avy for use here at SPS. And I agree the Avy Creator is the best! But for Zazzle.com, I wish them a great success in this venture, and to those who buy these products I hope you enjoy them; after all, they will display the avy of your own creation :)

And good luck to Facebook too. They will probably get a lot of new users from this project, as well as helping to spread the word of that great show called SOUTH PARK :D
Re: New Avatar Features and Facebook Week PostTue Apr 26, 2011 2:46 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
i'd still like to see a plain white t-shirt, and have the ability to change the color of the adult's underwear.
Re: New Avatar Features and Facebook Week PostSun May 15, 2011 11:57 pm Offline
Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:37 pm1
Yea! I can test out my new avatar.
Re: New Avatar Features and Facebook Week PostTue Aug 02, 2011 8:03 am Offline
Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:19 am0
I test my avatar :D

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 5 posts