Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 3 33 posts 1, 2, 3  Next
South Park Documentary Press Release PostWed Sep 28, 2011 2:18 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
From today's Comedy Central Press Release:

"SIX DAYS TO AIR: THE MAKING OF 'SOUTH PARK'"
AN EXCLUSIVE BEHIND-THE-SCENES DOCUMENTARY FILM
BY ARTHUR BRADFORD
PREMIERES SUNDAY, OCTOBER 9 AT 10:00 P.M. ON COMEDY CENTRAL®

--------
Renowned Documentarian Arthur Bradford Granted Unprecedented Access To
Creators Trey Parker And Matt Stone Throughout Production Of "South Park's" Spring Run
--------
All-New Episodes Of "South Park" Air On Wednesdays At 10:00 P.M.
--------

NEW YORK, September 28, 2011 – "If 'South Park' is one of television's great comedies, it's not great for being reckless; it's great for being a series of funny, topical parables."
- New York Times, April 28, 2004

"Stone and Parker show no fear. They don't care what anyone else thinks, nor do they worry about who they offend. A decade on, still fighting the good fight on all fronts, still being unapologetically disrespectful, crass and cruel to just about everyone, as it should be."
-SF Chronicle, July 15, 2006

“’South Park’s’ dialogue can be scategorical as well as philosophical and every bit as profane as it is profound.” – “60 Minutes” September 25, 2011
Renowned documentarian Arthur Bradford (“How’s Your News?”) was granted unprecedented access to Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creative masterminds behind the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning series, “South Park.” Shot extensively over the course of three months at the South Park Studios in Los Angeles, this exclusive documentary film, “Six Days to Air: The Making of ‘South Park,’” chronicles the rigorous process of producing the iconic series in under a week. Bradford’s cameras were granted access into the creative process, opening up Parker and Stone’s world to reveal the high-pressure work environment that allows them to turn an idea into a full 22-minute episode each week. COMEDY CENTRAL debuts the hour-long documentary film, “Six Days to Air: The Making of ‘South Park’” on Sunday, October 9 at 10:00 p.m. All-new episodes of “South Park” air on Wednesday at 10:00 p.m.
“We wanted to make something that would appeal to both the hard-core fans and the casual viewers,” said Bradford. “Trey and Matt are two of the most interesting people I know and the way they make ‘South Park’ is completely fascinating and inspiring.”
(more)
“This documentary offers an unprecedented, inside view at the true genius of Trey Parker and Matt Stone,” said Alterman. “If they stick with it, I feel certain ‘South Park’ will become the hit show they’ve always dreamed about.”
Viewers will get a look at Parker and Stone’s thought process as they approach a new episode and the 24/7 grind they subject themselves to each time the show is in production. The documentary also includes in-depth interviews with Parker and Stone about their working partnership and reflections on highlights from their careers, such as the making of the original short, "The Spirit of Christmas," as well as their memorable appearance at the 2000 Oscars® when they walked the red carpet in drag.
Re: South Park Documentary Press Release PostWed Sep 28, 2011 3:16 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Awesome. I can't wait. :D
Re: South Park Documentary Press Release PostWed Sep 28, 2011 6:10 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Looking forward to it, but I really hope they don't talk about the Oscars. I swear someone could make a f*cking drinking game out of how many times people say "Phil Collins" in their presence.
Re: South Park Documentary Press Release PostWed Sep 28, 2011 8:46 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
Is the six days to air about "Humancentipad"? because it looks like that, and I bet this documentaries filming is the reason that episode wasn't the best one of the season.
Re: South Park Documentary Press Release PostThu Sep 29, 2011 8:04 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:30 am16
Being at college, I won't be able to catch this on TV. Will it be available online as well?
Re: South Park Documentary Press Release PostThu Sep 29, 2011 10:45 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Unless Viacom has another fit over an episode, yes.
Re: South Park Documentary Press Release PostThu Sep 29, 2011 11:20 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:30 am16
Cool! Thanks!
Re: South Park Documentary Press Release PostThu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am405
Looking forward to it.
Re: South Park Documentary Press Release PostThu Sep 29, 2011 6:41 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
RichardV1150 wrote:
Is the six days to air about "Humancentipad"?

Not exclusively.
Re: South Park Documentary Press Release PostFri Sep 30, 2011 9:30 am Offline
Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:40 pm12
"This documentary offers an unprecedented, inside view at the true genius of Trey Parker and Matt Stone," said Alterman. "If they stick with it, I feel certain 'South Park' will become the hit show they've always dreamed about."

Was anyone else completely confused by this quote? The show has been around for more than a decade and is already a hit.
Re: South Park Documentary Press Release PostFri Sep 30, 2011 10:37 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
That was a facetious statement. :) They could dream that South Park could be bigger than the Simpsons.
Re: South Park Documentary Press Release PostFri Sep 30, 2011 10:09 pm Offline
Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:40 pm12
Ya I guess I should have been able to deduce that one myself but reading it I didn't get it. Thanks for clearing that up.
Re: South Park Documentary Press Release PostSun Oct 02, 2011 11:51 am Offline
Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:39 pm0
I wish this documentary lasted 5 hours. And then I know I'd want more. I'm looking forward to this very much!
Re: South Park Documentary Press Release PostFri Oct 07, 2011 3:53 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
i really wanna see it on sunday. good thing monday is thanksgiving so i don't have school yay! im pretty excited i hope its worth it to see.
Re: South Park Documentary Press Release PostFri Oct 07, 2011 4:13 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Where are you, that you celebrate Thanksgiving on October 10?

Sort by  
Page 1 of 3 33 posts 1, 2, 3  Next