Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 6 89 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
South Park: The Game Press Release PostThu Dec 01, 2011 5:48 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
THQ today announced that they are collaborating with South Park Digital Studios LLC, the joint venture between “South Park” creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker and Viacom Media Networks and Obsidian Entertainment, Inc. to develop the next chapter in South Park entertainment: “South Park: The Game.”

“South Park: The Game” is an epic role-playing adventure that will allow the user to befriend Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny and explore the quiet little mountain town like never before.

“Our goal is simple: to put creative talent first,” said Danny Bilson, EVP Core Games, THQ. “Matt and Trey are arguably two of the most important comedic talents of their generation. Bringing their vision of South Park to the interactive space is a dream-come-true.”

The first details of “South Park: The Game” will be revealed in the exclusive cover story in Game Informer®’s January issue, shipping to subscribers in early December 2011.

“South Park: The Game” is scheduled to be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC in the second half of calendar 2012.
Re: South Park: The Game Press Release PostThu Dec 01, 2011 8:00 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
It seems like we'll be able to chose from at least 14 kids from the show so far. I would probably assume Jimmy, Bebe, and Red would also be able to added to the player's party, based on prominence and their appearance in the tower defense game. I am also going to guess that Kevin Stoley and Bradley Biggle may be in the game as well based on their popularity with fans. nall, do you know which kids we will be able to be added to our parties?
Re: South Park: The Game Press Release PostThu Dec 01, 2011 9:10 pm Offline
Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:54 pm57You'll figure it out...
Ooo boy, I really hope this features all the crazy locations and characters to make this game feel as fleshed out as the series. Maybe we could be able to play with the avatars we make at this site and there could be updates after every season. I know I'm over exciting myself right now but I've been dreaming to play in the south park universe for a while and I just cant help it :)
Re: South Park: The Game Press Release PostFri Dec 02, 2011 1:48 am Offline
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 am69Ontario, Canada
This is the best news I've heard in months! A South Park RPG made by a well established developer with extensive input from Matt & Trey themselves. This is definitely something I will look forward to.

Just a side note: Are Matt & Trey attempting to take over the entertainment industry? They've made TV shows, films, a Broadway musical, (have won awards for all of them,) and now a video game?
Re: South Park: The Game Press Release PostFri Dec 02, 2011 12:09 pm Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am405
Glad they'll be releasing this one for the PC. Looking forward to it.
Re: South Park: The Game Press Release PostFri Dec 02, 2011 12:38 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
can't wait to buy it. what do they mean when they say the second half calendar of 2012. the second half of the season in march? and is it going to be a live game or a actual video game? cause it says xbox 360 video game.
Re: South Park: The Game Press Release PostFri Dec 02, 2011 1:21 pm Offline
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 am69Ontario, Canada
203177 wrote:
can't wait to buy it. what do they mean when they say the second half calendar of 2012. the second half of the season in march? and is it going to be a live game or a actual video game? cause it says xbox 360 video game.

It means the second half of 2012. So, probably sometime between August-December of next year.

And it's going to be an actual video game, available for Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC.
Re: South Park: The Game Press Release PostFri Dec 02, 2011 2:29 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1436in a secret underground bunker
I can't f*ckin wait! I just brought a 360! :D :mrgreen:
I want it now!!

Cartman *come on....come on...come on!* :cartmanyell:

I hope the wait won't be too long or I very well might freeze myself! :frozenkenny:
Re: South Park: The Game Press Release PostFri Dec 02, 2011 3:45 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
Awesome!!!!!!!! I'm so happy I'll be able to actually play this game when it comes out. The Tower Defense Play looked cool, but I don't own an XBox or whatever the console was, so I've never played it. Now I can play this on computer and interact with the characters and stuff. Can't wait!! :mrgreen:
Re: South Park: The Game Press Release PostFri Dec 02, 2011 5:25 pm Offline
Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:33 pm0
this game is going to be awesome! can't wait to play it
Re: South Park: The Game Press Release PostFri Dec 02, 2011 7:30 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
I heard somewhere the girls will be villains in the game. Does that mean none of them can be added as friends? Hopefully, at least Wendy should be addable as a friend. I hope some other girls get a chance to be allies. Bebe and Red would have the next best chance to be addable friends after Wendy.
Re: South Park: The Game Press Release PostFri Dec 02, 2011 8:13 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Re: South Park: The Game Press Release PostFri Dec 02, 2011 8:22 pm Offline
neocarleen thanks so its gonna come out the second half of season 16 thats far for me why can't they have it out in the first have of ssn 16.
Re: South Park: The Game Press Release PostFri Dec 02, 2011 9:05 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
203177 wrote:
why can't they have it out in the first have of ssn 16.

Because developing complex video games is a time-consuming process, unless you're fine with having them suck and be full of bugs.
Re: South Park: The Game Press Release PostFri Dec 02, 2011 9:58 pm Offline
whats that suppost to mean? :|

Sort by  
Page 1 of 6 89 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next