Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 12 posts
Production Blog Entry for 04/20/2010 PostTue Apr 20, 2010 9:20 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Steve Rippin, Assistant Production Office Coordinator:

Good evening South Park fans. Steve here. Last week we talked about fun, drinking, cake and this week were going to talk about the economy. Not only are we going to talk about the economy, but we are also going to talk about the fact that if you are a PA or an assistant here at South Park you don't give a sh*t about the economy. Believe me, I get it. Live within your means and buy what you can afford blah blah blah. It makes no sense to me. Information like that goes in one ear and out the other. Blame it on my youth, whatever. If you give me OT I'm spending some cash.

So this blog is about living while you're young and just spending stupid amounts of money on things we, the production office, have no business buying in the first place. I know the assistant life looks glamorous on paper, but let's face it we're not making play money down here at South Park. We're making hard earned cash and trust me we love spending it more than making it. Spending large sums of money that we don't really have never hurt anyone right?

So now I know what you're thinking. What could they have possibly bought? Well, I'll start with myself. A couple weeks ago I saw Paul McCartney at the Hollywood Bowl. Epic I know, and I thought it would be great to take up a hobby while I'm sitting in my living room in my boxers trying to think of something to do other than watch "Millionaire Matchmaker" reruns on Bravo. So I bought a bass guitar so I can rock like Sir Paul. It's a very beginner model and I bought an amp to go with it, shut up its badass. Hey Steve!? You ask. Do you know how to play or do you know anything about the bass guitar? My answer to this question is simple. I don't have a friggin' clue, but screw you I bought it and I will learn. If only my elementary school clarinet teacher could see me now!

Up next are PA Mike and PA Sam. They basically bought the same item which is probably the most unoriginal thing ever , but it doesn't matter it was still a ridiculous purchase. Mike and Sam, for those who don't know, are huge camera nerds and while you other camera nerds may think their purchases are cool I know how much they make and nothing can be that cool. Or can it? You see Mike and Sam have just completed hundreds of hours of their first run here at South Park so why not spend retarded amounts of cash on NEW CAMERAS. They shot the season finale of House on the same damn camera so the "what my baby wants, my baby gets," mentality creeps in and they are each swiping the plastic for a new cam. So screw groceries and maybe some new shoes or even a haircut. They needed those cameras and they needed them now! Now they are two expensive ass cameras richer and their bank accounts are two expensive ass cameras poorer. C'est la Vie!

And now for the final chapter in this spending spree saga… Mr. PA David. I have first hand knowledge and picture proof that this next purchase occurred. You see it started about a month ago in the production office and David was watching "The Departed" on his computer. All of a sudden he stood up in his chair and pointed to the screen and muttered to him self, "I must have that." We ignored him, as is usually the case when he mutters senseless psychobabble and carried on. Cut to three weeks later and David pulls back from his desk and exclaims to the office, "I did it! I bought it!" Four days after that a box from the Turkish Towel Company arrived at the front desk. In it was a $150.00 robe -- YES ROBE -- and slippers that was pretty much the exact robe and slippers Jack Nicholson wore in "The Departed." Ladies and Gentlemen this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Stop taking your girlfriend to In and Out and maybe cancel your iPhone bill for a month and buy a robe that you don't need. It just doesn't get any better than that. My good friend David didn't need his robe, but gosh darn it he wanted it so he manned up and bought it. I wish I had a robe like that.

I will now take this opportunity to commend David on buying the most pointless thing for this run of South Park episodes. Congrats dude.

As for you guys, when you get your paycheck from your paper routes or you empty out your tip jar down at Ma and Pa's Market, go ahead and spend it on something you don't need. If after a few days you don't want it anymore put it on eBay and I'll buy it. I'm always looking to burn some cash for no reason especially if someone tries to lecture me about the economy.

Pictures are located below. Congratulations to me for writing the longest blog in the history of this site. If you made it this far without skipping kudos to you...

Da Bass

Da Cameras

Da Robe

Da Nicholson
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/20/2010 PostTue Apr 20, 2010 10:07 pm Offline
Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:23 am0
WOO 1st comment...I think that robe is badass too....grats
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/20/2010 PostTue Apr 20, 2010 10:53 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Hooray for frivolous spending! If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have half the vintage radios, boom boxes, or Polaroid cameras I have.
So anyone want an antique RCA Victor Am/Fm tube radio, or a nice vintage Panasonic Bi-Sider TV clock radio? *failedsmile*
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/20/2010 PostTue Apr 20, 2010 11:00 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Note: "quotes" don't work in this forum; neither does the "white" tags, so I will do a work around. And image tags don't work in this forum either :(

Nor do emoticons work here either. That is because this post is in THE FRONT PAGE: THE VOTING BOX instead of THE FRONT PAGE: HEADLINE NEWS.

Oh well, here we go:

PA Steve wrote: "Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 amThe Internet
Steve Rippin, Assistant Production Office Coordinator:

Good evening South Park fans. Steve here. Last week we talked about fun, drinking, cake and this week were going to talk about the economy. Not only are we going to talk about the economy, but we are also going to talk about the fact that if you are a PA or an assistant here at South Park you don't give a sh*t about the economy."

ZZ answers: "Nothing about whether episode 201 will be part of a two parter or 201&203 will be part of a trilogy?"

PA Steve wrote: "So this blog is about living while you're young and just spending stupid amounts of money on things we, the production office, have no business buying in the first place."

ZZ answers: "Agreed. But cool guitar, though :) "

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/ ... a_bass.jpg

PA Steve wrote: "If only my elementary school clarinet teacher could see me now!"

ZZ wrote: "I see."

PA Steve wrote: "Up next are PA Mike and PA Sam. They basically bought the same item which is probably the most unoriginal thing ever , but it doesn't matter it was still a ridiculous purchase. Mike and Sam, for those who don't know, are huge camera nerds and while you other camera nerds may think their purchases are cool I know how much they make and nothing can be that cool."

ZZ answered: "Cool digital SLR cameras:"

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/ ... ameras.jpg

PA Steve wrote: "As for you guys, when you get your paycheck from your paper routes or you empty out your tip jar down at Ma and Pa's Market, go ahead and spend it on something you don't need."

ZZ responded: "I don't have either a paper route or get extra cash from a tip jar :| "

PA Steve wrote: "Congratulations to me for writing the longest blog in the history of this site. If you made it this far without skipping kudos to you..."

ZZ concludes with: "Thanks, Steve :D And congrats to you and your office for 200 (now 201) episodes of South Park! "
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/20/2010 PostWed Apr 21, 2010 9:15 am Offline
Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:59 pm14FL, USA
I just bought Guitar Hero 5 for Wii when I should of spent my money on a birthday present for my BFF & a mother's day present for my mum.

Hurrah for frivolous spending!!!!
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/20/2010 PostWed Apr 21, 2010 5:24 pm Offline
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am498My own private torture chamber
I almost feel guilty saying this but Dave's robe looks a little bit like something, not just Jack, but Fred Flinstone would be wearing.
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/20/2010 PostWed Apr 21, 2010 6:27 pm Offline
Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:00 am43
Hey Steve!

You remember the Margaritaville episode? =)

Please stay safe. I hope the NSA and FBI give a damn.

Have fun making South Park! =)
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/20/2010 PostWed Apr 21, 2010 10:47 pm Offline
Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:39 pm0
Dear Nerds at South Park,

When did you get so friggin cute. I seriously thought that all of you would be the type of animation dweeb that possessed abnormally large eyes, a total lack of jaw and 0% body muscle... or fat. No! Your cute, you buy stupid sh*t, but your cute and then write about it in a clever way that make me think you kinda hot. More girls need to know this, most must be sent out.

Adoringly,
Tara Jayn
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/20/2010 PostThu Apr 22, 2010 7:21 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
This was posted in another thread, but I though it would also be approriate here, in the Production Blog Entry for 04/20/2010 for the episode that never really aired as intended by Matt and Trey:

(Quotes don't work in this forum, so I'll use a work-a-round):

bigfootedfred wrote: "Is there anyway M&T can take SP off Censorship Central? Well...is there?"

i honestly have no idea about the legalitys..but its clear Censorship Central is no longer a place where south park can be itself."

ZZ answered: Yes. I'm no lawyer, but it sounds like a breach of contract to me. Just look at southpark200.com:

Here are MnT lawyers (from their submission to southpark200.com:

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/ ... ?width=480

Now, if there is a breach, these lawyers could do several things, like stop episode 1407 from being made for awhile under a breach of contract theory, move from Comedy Central to another network and have CC pay all of MnT's legal costs 8), have MnT have exclusive right to the content on SPS without waiting a month for "contractual reasons" which is meaningless if MnT's lawyers can show a breach by MnT, and so on :D
Q & A Ask ME PostTue May 04, 2010 6:09 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:38 pm0
Question 1

Reporter: "What are your views on the Global Economy?"

My Response: "Well what are your views on this bowl of chili?"

Reporter: "What chili?"

My Response: "Exactly."

Question 2

(I supplied him with chili.)

Reporter: "Where did you get this?"

My Response: "Scott Tenorman."
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/20/2010 PostWed May 05, 2010 7:48 pm Offline
Wed May 05, 2010 7:24 pm0
I was wondering who bought that robe! I put it up for sale on eBay after my Grampa died in it.
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/20/2010 PostWed Mar 16, 2011 5:30 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:48 pm0
Nice xD

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 12 posts