Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 1 of 8 111 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

South Park Republicans?
Definitely. We've got some here, yo. 34%  34%  [ 395 ]
Yeah, I think I could see that... 17%  17%  [ 194 ]
No way, those ideals are way apart. 18%  18%  [ 203 ]
What does a TV show have to do with politics? 32%  32%  [ 365 ]
Total votes : 1157
South Park Republicans? PostFri Jan 21, 2005 1:30 am OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
There are a number of articles on the web about "South Park Republicans", such as this one and this one. Do you believe it, or do you think those two things are too far apart?
Last edited by nall on Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
South Park Republicans PostFri Jan 21, 2005 2:14 am Offline
Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:42 pm5Brownsville, OR
I'm totally a South Park Republican. I love SP because its not completely left-wing like most crap on TV now, but its not right-wing either. It's funny. Some episodes I'll watch and think, "Wow. They are SO closet Republicans" but others its completely the opposite. South Park is great because you can't put it in a box like that.
PostFri Jan 21, 2005 6:56 am Offline
Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:47 am19
Loving your work web master/mistress but you should use use a spell check - definately? Definitely!
PostFri Jan 21, 2005 7:02 am Offline
Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:30 am2
I love SP because they make fun of everything. There are faults on both sides, right wing and left wing. Most TV is not liberal politically it may be liberal socially, but that is what drives the ratings. An example, Desperate Housewives is the number one rated show in the most socially conservative areas that voted 75% for Bush.

The liberal bias is just a myth, big business owns the media and they produce what gets ratings.

On the other hand this book is a joke. The thesis is that South Park is entirely conservative, which is just flat out bullsh*t. To name one episode, how about "Red Hot Catholic Love", real conservative stuff. Anyways I love the show, dislike the morons who are writing the book, and love this website.

Quote:
I learned something this week...
I think it will be good if... PostFri Jan 21, 2005 7:18 am Offline
Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:59 am1israel
there will be an episode that has some sort of a fight between republicans and democrats
what am I suppose to write here?
PostFri Jan 21, 2005 9:32 am Offline
Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:34 pm1
It is no secret that there is a Right-Winged mind at work behind South Park. Although many may not understand it but the Shock Factor of SP is focused on the views of a Right-Minded person. There so very few shows that follow this concept.

SP has always blantantly shown the good and bad side of politics. Sure we would like to think SP wasn't about it and it isn't totally but there is a strong undercurrent of Current Events and Politics that have and do play a role in the success of the show.

Being a strong Right-Winger I see that South Park is a great wealth of information for a new generation blinded by Liberal bias through the Public School system.
Re: I think it will be good if... PostFri Jan 21, 2005 12:12 pm Offline
Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:29 am24Orono, ME
crazywatcher wrote:
there will be an episode that has some sort of a fight between republicans and democrats

I think they more or less did that in "I'm A Little Bit Country", the episode about the Iraq War.

As far as this South Park Republicans stuff goes, apparently not too many people listened to Cartman at the end of that episode. Clearly, Matt and Trey don't want to align themselves with either political party or at the very least, they don't want to turn their show into a liberal or conservative soap box.

And now, just to stir up trouble... people who are writing articles suggesting South Park is a show for Republicans are just cheaply trying to recruit young people who don't know anything about politics to the Republican party. :cartmanevillaugh:
"It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face." -www.despair.com
PostFri Jan 21, 2005 12:34 pm Offline
Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:31 pm17
I personally am a Libertarian. My parents are hardcore republicans and they never miss an episode. Our family loves south park
Sho'Nuff, The Shogun of Harlem
South Park Republicans? PostFri Jan 21, 2005 1:01 pm Offline
Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:43 pm1
I doubt that Matt and Trey are really into partisanship, for example, Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich. They satirize everyone and everything, unlike people like Jon Stewart, who, though funny, is admittedly a partisan.

The ideas that the demand for extreme PC speech is morally bankrupt, that the government is best when it governs least, that people need to be left alone by government and not depend on it for solutions to all their problems, that "good intentions" are not enough, that it's ok to make fun of important things and people while still not hating them, that common sense is at once necessary and rare, and vulgarity and stupidity are underrated and funny are common ideas in SP and associated projects and also what might be described as dimensions of SP republicanism.

Oh, and the fact that Canadians are suspicious, have beady, little eyes, oddly dislocated jaws, no sense of personal responsibility, favor sodomy (especially in the Atlantic provinces) and talk funny (you know what I'm talking aboot, eh?) :roll:
PostFri Jan 21, 2005 2:09 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
kbirl wrote:
Loving your work web master/mistress but you should use use a spell check - definately? Definitely!

Sorry, you're definately right. I've fixed it.
PostFri Jan 21, 2005 2:27 pm Offline
  • YIM
Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:33 pm2505Ohio
South Park is not completely one way or the other I mean it's not right wing or left wing completely which is very great, unlike some other shows. It made sense as it came out at the perfect time, the Douche and Turd episode right when everything was really heated up about the election, and how they said, they both have something wrong with them, they do.
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
PostFri Jan 21, 2005 2:27 pm Offline
Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:48 am1240In a hole in the forest. Don't try to find me cause your face will never look the same again.
probably they are because they're americans.
but i don't care if they're republicans,monarchists,communists,i love the show anyway.
Anledningen till att jag har den här texten på svenska är för att du inte ska förstå den!

Currently retired from the site. I'll be back within 100 years. /Puderdocka.
PostFri Jan 21, 2005 3:09 pm Offline
  • YIM
Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:33 pm2505Ohio
I will always love the show
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
PostFri Jan 21, 2005 3:36 pm Offline
Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:28 am223Atlanta...sortuv
Am i alone with this... i didn't have a clue what they were talking about
Cartman's Army: Respect our Authoritah!!!
Kenny=cool
PostFri Jan 21, 2005 3:56 pm Offline
Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:13 am3
I consider myself to be independent, I take what I like from the parties, and I've noticed south park has done the same. One of my favorite aspects of the show is how it points out where people/organizations are corrupt or retarded.

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 1 of 8 111 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next