Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 8 of 8 111 posts Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

South Park Republicans?
Definitely. We've got some here, yo. 34%  34%  [ 395 ]
Yeah, I think I could see that... 17%  17%  [ 194 ]
No way, those ideals are way apart. 18%  18%  [ 203 ]
What does a TV show have to do with politics? 32%  32%  [ 365 ]
Total votes : 1157
Yo! Yo! right over here! PostThu Feb 03, 2005 3:38 pm Offline
Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:51 pm1
nall wrote:
There are a number of articles on the web about "South Park Republicans", such as this one and this one. Do you believe it, or do you think those two things are too far apart?
PostFri Feb 04, 2005 4:31 pm Offline
Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:01 pm3
South Park pokes fun of both political parties and their views, wether that view is Democratic or Republican. The episodes attack more flaws in our society then they attack a particular political party.

It's stupid to try to pin Stone and Parker as trying to push a party's goal, and anyways the show is more for peoples entertainment. If they wanted to make a show just to push a political view they would've tried to make one like O'Reilly (who in my opinion is a huge liar, but that's something elses entirely).

Though the episodes usually do attack a modern issue, I think they're more using those as ideas to have a good episode that'll be funny and enjoyable to watch. Any political goals, if there are, are secondary to that.
PostSat Feb 05, 2005 4:59 pm Offline
Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:38 pm31
if i were to state my views on the politics of the show, it would be very redundant to the majority of the people on this thread. in summary, i think it's right in the middle.

they make fun of everything and i'm writing this reply not to annoy everybody with repetativeness (sp?), but to further the argument. on the BASEketball DVD (the special feature bit), trey and matt talk about how they make fun of absolutely everything and that's what makes them NOT assh*les. if they decided "oh, we're not going to make fun of christians", that makes them seem like jew-haters. they really are so intelligent and i just love this show. some of my friends hate south park (i know, they are not as informed about it, though i try my best) because they've seen one episode and immediatly find it offensive. i think it's hilarious, but i admit, my first episode was a bit shocking.

i myself am i liberal with very strong ideals, but yeah, i laugh just as hard when we're portrayed as douches. it's still funny!
Re: South Park Republicans? PostSat Feb 05, 2005 7:28 pm Offline
  • YIM
Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:27 pm3home
politics suk :parishilton:
PostSun Feb 06, 2005 6:57 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:54 pm2
Well, I'm a total liberal democrat Bush hater, so I hope the show doesn't turn into a pro-Republican show. But as is, it's so funny! :D
TIMMY is my shero :)
PostSun Feb 06, 2005 9:46 pm Offline
Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:56 am1088
Yor font color almost gave me a seizure. :shock: Could you maybe change it? :wink:
derp.

[please excuse my username, i was a lame 13-year-old.]

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 8 of 8 111 posts Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8