Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 6 of 8 111 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

South Park Republicans?
Definitely. We've got some here, yo. 34%  34%  [ 395 ]
Yeah, I think I could see that... 17%  17%  [ 194 ]
No way, those ideals are way apart. 18%  18%  [ 203 ]
What does a TV show have to do with politics? 32%  32%  [ 365 ]
Total votes : 1157
Re: South Park Republicans? PostThu Jan 27, 2005 11:28 am Offline
  • YIM
Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:10 am1Brasil
From where I am standing, South Park is republican. It is a right-wing show that right-wing hates, but that's probably because Republicans themselves are controversial. I mean, if G.W. Bush ws 18 right now, he would be a hardcore fan. Simpsons is a left-wing show, while SP is against all this P.C. Nazis.

In one episode of "The Simpsons", they made fun of SP and criticized the war on Iraq. South Park wouldn't criticize the war. In "I'm a little bit country" they only defended the right to protest. That is not liberalism, that's just plain logic. Down here, the gov't would pay us to protest against Bush, because they really hate that guy. :tp:

Also, Jennifer Howell (she played Mr. Adler's wife in Tweek vs. Craig episode) is canadian. Maybe she's the one you are thinking about....

Also, I'm a leftie, not that it matters...
What the fck? Guns are ilegal here? No worry, I'll stab people to death.
Re: South Park Republicans? PostThu Jan 27, 2005 1:54 pm Offline
Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:54 pm89Your mom's ass
J.Carter wrote:
Also, Jennifer Howell (she played Mr. Adler's wife in Tweek vs. Craig episode) is canadian. Maybe she's the one you are thinking about....

Also, I'm a leftie, not that it matters...

Pretty sure that it was Pam Brady who played the dead pilot.

Also, the Simpsons slam everyone. Remember Bill Clinton saying "I'm not a very good president" to Lisa?
PostFri Jan 28, 2005 11:36 am Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
Yeah, that was Pam Brady. Trey and Matt said so in the commentary on season 3.

And, if you ask me, the show seems to be in the middle, not totally favoring the conservatives or the liberals. Both sides have faults, and they are mocked for those faults. The Simpsons pretty much do the same thing, and the reason they did a parody of South Park was not because the writers of the show feel that South Park is too conservative, it is because they mock anything that is popular.
And, not to be rude but it seems some people are basing their opinions of the politics of South Park, just on a couple episodes. They are not taking the show in it's entirity into consideration.

Well, if you want to know about me, I am not sure about my political affiliation. I am for gay rights, I hate seeing films and other art censored, I am for seperation of church and state, I want to see more done to help the economy, I am against the war, and I really really dislike Bush. I would say I am a liberal, but there are somethings liberals push that I do not like. Namely, the whole over emphasis on political correctness. Trey and Matt have said in interviews that it an issue they disagree with Hollywood liberals on. I don't like it, because it leads to more censorship in movies, and it doesn't seem to really do any good to create tolerance.
PostSat Jan 29, 2005 12:52 am Offline
Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:31 am10
I am some-what of a republican, so there are a few (very few thoughh) liberal ideas i agree with, so i love the show no matter what they talk about because i agree with most of their topics.

But i don't think Trey and Matt are really for any particular party, they strike me as the non-voting type (i.e., Stan in "Douche and Turd")
Hippies piss me off.
PostSat Jan 29, 2005 4:58 am Offline
Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:44 am4Southern California
South Park episodes almost always have some sort of social commentary. They usually from what I would call, a progressive republican point of view. I wouldn't say liberal republican, more conservative but not religious conservative. Just look at Team America, that movie made fun of liberals right and left. Trey and Matt are of the new breed of Republicans that actually have a sense of humor.
BTW I'm a registered Republican, Bush supporter, but I am pro gay marriage, for strong separation of church and state, and there are a bunch of other liberal ideas I believe in. I'm like a McCain Republican. Plus I support the war in Iraq. oh, and I hate hippies.. I hate them so very very deeply...
PostSat Jan 29, 2005 12:33 pm Offline
Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:20 pm5Middle Park
I don't know if I'd put Trey and Matt as closet Republicans. Libertarians, maybe? Yknow, kinda right-of-centre. IMHO there seems to be a lot more liberal slaying in the context of SP eps (not to mention TA:WP, with all those crybaby F.A.G.s) But I haven't exactly seen any ep kissin' Dubya's ass or praising the Fox News channel, either.
"It's all a bunch of tree-huggin' hippie crap!"
PostSat Jan 29, 2005 9:01 pm Offline
Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:46 pm1
yeah i just think that this really is a republican show so if u have a problem with this show...go deal with it.
PostSun Jan 30, 2005 1:56 am Offline
Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:30 pm5
I definitely would say I'm Conservative, both socially (I'm a pro-life Christian, although abortion and gay rights are so low-priority right now for me) and fiscally (Friedman and Laffer are sort of heroes of mine). Republican - an emphatic NO! I just don't like being locked down to one party. And, besides, I just don't trust Cheney.

As far as SP goes, the night after "Goobacks" aired, I was watching O'Reilly (can you get any more Right-wing?), an he seemed to have thought it to be funny - esp. the impersonation M&T were doing of him. Maybe he's so ego-centric that all he cares about is hearing his name to the point that the context has no meaning.
"I may be born again, but I wasn't born again yesterday"
PostSun Jan 30, 2005 11:05 am Offline
Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:32 pm49Littleton Colorado (that's right, home town of Matt Stone himself)
Republcans piss me off...
PostMon Jan 31, 2005 3:41 am Offline
Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:59 am2Germany
Hi there,

from my point of view, sp primarily mocks ideologie, both right- or leftwing.
because when mainly ideologie-driven politics, laws and stuff, sounding good (an so easy) on the big scale, hit your everyday life, it often becomes, as what sp presents it: crazy, bizarre and ridiculous.

i feel it (sometimes :wink: ) puts sanity against narrow minds.
so its independant.

for me as an european, sp is a beacon of what i love about america, and it keeps me going when im really pissed off by turd sandwich again.

Cheers>>UG

PS: In Yurp, independant or neutral is called liberal, so next time you hear about EU liberals... get the picture
PostMon Jan 31, 2005 3:54 am Offline
Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:59 am2Germany
Please dont get me wrong, but reading the comments on this one something came on my mind:

people in this forum alone seem to be having such a variety of very different point of views.

shouldn't people be allowed to be more specific, than choosing R or D, shouldn't this variety be represented?

how do you feel about it?

curious>>UG
Re: South Park Republicans? PostMon Jan 31, 2005 2:27 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Canoli wrote:
Pretty sure that it was Pam Brady who played the dead pilot.

It was.

luke923 wrote:
As far as SP goes, the night after "Goobacks" aired, I was watching O'Reilly (can you get any more Right-wing?), an he seemed to have thought it to be funny - esp. the impersonation M&T were doing of him. Maybe he's so ego-centric that all he cares about is hearing his name to the point that the context has no meaning.

Well, part of having a sense of humor is being able to laugh at yourself. And personally, I didn't think they were really bad to him (compared to the treatment other celebrities have gotten on the show).

Anyway, A lot of people would probably find it cool to show up in South Park in some form or another. :)
PostMon Jan 31, 2005 3:15 pm Offline
Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:46 pm3Pennsylfukinvania...beotch
OMGTheyKilledKenny80122 wrote:
Republcans piss me off...

:(
awwwwww
PostMon Jan 31, 2005 7:59 pm Offline
Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:57 pm1
South Park is just a funny tv show...whast with all this left/right wing bullsh*t?
...... PostMon Jan 31, 2005 8:43 pm Offline
Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:37 pm1
Im pretty sure this debate is somewhat pointless, as I remember leading up to the release of "Team America" Matt and Trey said in an interview very plainly that they are pretty much "Down the middle".

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 6 of 8 111 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next