Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 14 of 15 211 posts Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostSat Dec 03, 2005 9:53 pm Offline
Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:36 pm1234I smile because i have no idea what's going on =)
Aym_Dand wrote:
What part of the whale's anatomy represents the Kurds?

the whale cock
“20 yrs from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch trade winds in your sails. Explore_Dream_Discover” TWAIN
PostSun Dec 04, 2005 12:00 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Now that I have more time...

chunkylover69 wrote:
The idea of misleading or misinterpreted Intel. The whole idea of getting willyzyx back to the moon is based on the boys hearing the Sea Park employees talking as the whale and informing them that he needs to get back to the moon. Much of the discourse on the Iraq situation right now hinges upon the WMD conversation and was the US Intel correct or communicated fully.

The concept of a cover-up or the architects "covering their tracks." The Sea Park announcers (Mike and the goatee man) are running wild trying to cover their tracks. There have been various theories that now that the WMD issue has not been resolved that their have been various cover ups.

These go together as they do in real life

chunkylover69 wrote:
The reoccurring them of willyzyx's "freedom." The Animal Liberation Front (A.L.F)'s leader speaks of only the boys understanding that the animal needs its freedom. The idea of forcing freedom on a captive whale is great in theory, but what happens upon the actual execution. The whale itself could be seen as a metaphor. I am struggling with this one, but the last scene of the dead whale on the moon was what first made me make this parallel. The dead whale represents the troops. Cast into this situation without a real say into the matter; pitted between two different groups with their own interests; thrown into an environment where they are not equipped or ready to inhabit.

Iraq here is the whale. The boys are the troops, doing what they trained to do.

chunkylover69 wrote:
Speaking of the A.L.F, they represent a one sided view of the situation. There is also the Sea Park contingent (outside of the two employees that start the situation) that wants the whale back for profit and personal interest. This represents two groups who act in the "best interest" of the whale, when in fact they are simply transposing their own pre-existing concerns and ideals onto the situation. Perhaps a metaphor for the hawk and dove situation in the country right now.

Fair enough.

chunkylover69 wrote:
Another theme is the approach of many different nations. Remember leading up to the Iraq war, the US approached various nations to join in the cause. Some were supportive, others were outright negative, and others were non-committal. The idea of money is also intertwined with the boys' approach of each nations. The reason that most of the countries that the US approached supported or refused to support the war was rumored to be financial.

This needs clarification: Each country the boys called expected them to pay millions of dollars for the chance to take the whale to the moon, not for the countries to contribute aid to the boys to take the whale to the moon. We haven't paid any nations to liberate Iraq for us, just to help us do the liberatin'.

chunkylover69 wrote:
The last scene also sort of speaks to the current situation, i.e. we started the war, there's no end in sight, what do we do now?

What the f*ck do you do with a dead whale on the moon?

This is the great fear of the Left: what do we do with a dead nation, or a nation whose new Constitution and government are dead before they have a chance to establish themselves? The fact that the whale was sent to the moon seems to indicate that Iraqi democracy is a dream, an illusion, as Iraq is just not geared to function as a democracy, no matter how well it's now equipped to do so. The troops (boys) will come home victorious, or at least proud to have finished the mission there, but democracy there will be a failure, and it will die.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
PostSun Dec 04, 2005 12:46 am Offline
Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:39 am114Tucson
^ Oh, Jesus. You are just getting way to heady. Crawl back out of your navel for a minute.
Damn, dude, China is f^cked-up!
I love you guys . . . (aw, screw you guys.)
PostSun Dec 04, 2005 8:25 am Offline
Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:50 pm17
they usually make up these episodes a few days before they air, they just go with it all. I doubt this episode has all sorts of secret references to political situations. They usually make it clear when they're ripping on politics.
PostSun Dec 04, 2005 10:28 am Offline
Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:31 pm2247Santa Monica, CA
Olivia42 wrote:

Aym_Dand wrote:
President Josiah Bartlet: Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Do you know why?

Will Bailey: Because it's the only thing that ever has.

Actually, that's a quote by Margeret Mead. I have it on a poster, and recognized it when I saw it on WW. :wink: Yes, I'm a geek.

"Good writers borrow from other writers. Great writers steal from them outright." - Sam Seaborn (as far as I know, a Sorkin original)

Sorry I never got back to your PM. You'll understand why by the end of the month.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
sketch PostMon Dec 05, 2005 8:43 pm Offline
Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:00 pm1
Well does anyone know if the sketch was actual real boys or just something they made up. Either way it really blew me away. :D

I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!!

Cartman Rules!!!!
:)aurora(:
PostMon Dec 05, 2005 11:44 pm Offline
Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:14 pm646
AngusMcTavish wrote:
Aym_Dand wrote:
What part of the whale's anatomy represents the Kurds?

Hmmm...its butt?

Whales don't have butts! They have tails though.
Re: sketch PostTue Dec 06, 2005 11:04 am Offline
Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:36 pm1234I smile because i have no idea what's going on =)
aurora0622 wrote:
Well does anyone know if the sketch was actual real boys or just something they made up. Either way it really blew me away. :D

I saw a partial answer to this question in the FAQ's
“20 yrs from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch trade winds in your sails. Explore_Dream_Discover” TWAIN
PostTue Dec 06, 2005 2:37 pm Offline
Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:22 pm3100Playboy Mansion
Free Willzyx was easy the best or second best of the second half of the season. Maybe Bloody Mary will be better
PostTue Dec 06, 2005 9:07 pm Offline
Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:06 pm9
For once i was cheering for the activists! I really wanted to see that whale make it to the moon.
Your like school in summer time.
PostFri Dec 09, 2005 8:00 am Offline
  • YIM
Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:33 pm2505Ohio
I hated the episode. It sucked balls.
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
PostSun Dec 11, 2005 8:24 am Offline
Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:08 am1556Denmark (Yes, It's a country!)
Schantrac wrote:
I hated the episode. It sucked balls.

no it didn't 8)
Spielautomaten kostenlos spielen durch meine Homepage!

DieAchse: Hier finden Sie Alles über Roulette online.

Ein Einarmiger Bandit macht immer spaß!
Hier gibt asSpielautomaten Spiele online!
PostFri Dec 23, 2005 2:06 pm Offline
Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:22 pm3100Playboy Mansion
He's entitled to his own opinion, But i personally think it was hilarious. There is no right or wrong answer though
PostTue Dec 27, 2005 7:04 pm Offline
Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:43 pm1Reno, Nevada
yea i saw this episode with the announcers that pretend to be the whales voice haha i cant believe they killed it
DRUGS ARE BAD MMMMMMMKAY!!
PostFri Feb 03, 2006 11:21 pm Offline
Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:14 pm646
This is one of those episodes I could watch over and over. it has a great story and the boys actually believed the whale could talk. Unfortunately the Sea World guys weren't able to tell the kids the truth so they still believed that whales live on the moon. One of them got shot and the other held him in his arms, which is reminiscent of the scene in Wing were Kyle was holding Kenny after he got shot. Glad to see Kenny involved: we saw his hair when he got wet, we saw him pet a stingray, we saw him sponge the whale. we saw the sketch of him, and we saw him in black face. So he was not a prop in this one even though he only had one freaking line, but that was funny too.

Sort by  
Page 14 of 15 211 posts Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next