Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 23 of 25 363 posts Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
PostSun Apr 09, 2006 3:58 am Offline
Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:53 pm99
when stand up comic lenny bruce was arrested for using faul language in public place,he got so mad that he would do nothing but talk about his trials on every show.people started thinking that he was not funny anymore.
now matt & trey are having hard time cause they probably feel like their freedom of speech has been violated,they are mad at even comedy central cause episode was pulled off.
cartman said it there "its a simple television economics,all it takes to kill the show forever is to get one episode pulled!"
PostSun Apr 09, 2006 7:18 am Offline
Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:03 am23Evergreen, Colorado ( HONEST! )
I'll Keep this short and sweet.

Let's step back and look at the BIG picture.

Matt and Trey happen to be from around the part of the country that elected TOM TANCREDO as their representative. I know, My SON went to EHS, same as TREY.....

Having said that, I say, substitute the word CONGRESS for TELEVISION EXECUTIVES.............

FURTHERMORE, I suggest CONGRESS be substituted for the ENTIRE NATION near the end of the episode.............

I look forward to Trey's and Matt's CONCLUSION............ :twisted:
" f*ck, even in the future nothing works " - Dark Helmet, " Spaceballs "
PostMon Apr 10, 2006 2:47 am Offline
Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:32 am11So Cal
Times like this I'm glad I'm agnostic.

As I watched this episode, I kept catching political ties, and really thought it had something to do with the current eavesdropping issue. When Kyle outed Cartman for using fear, specifically fear of being attacked by Muslims, simply to convince him that giving up on a fundamental right was necessary to keep us from being attacked, I was really convinced. But when Bush showed up at the end, that kinda shot that all to hell.

After watching it last night, for the third time, I think the "Family Guy" writers that Cartman discovers will be Travolta and Cruise.

Or

Perhaps part two will be the Trapped in the Closet episode.

FWIW, I have always liked Family Guy, but it doesn't hold a candle to SP. The flashback tangents were a favorite of mine during the first two seasons, but they have become far too long, and honestly, not funny. Where they once made the show look witty and intelligent, they now are simply there to fill time, or so it appears. SP is one of the fastest half hours on TV, whereas FG has become one of the longest.

Of course, your opinion may vary.
PostMon Apr 10, 2006 9:19 am Offline
Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:59 am5
makki wrote:
The Danish cartoons showed Muhammad as a terrorist, a woman opressor, and a backwards man with no intelligence.

Whats wrong with that? Its the truth that Muhammed was a terrorist. He started his career by robbing caravans to finance his death-cult, and everytime he needed a litte extra authority to make sure his followers backed him up, he just went and had a vision from allah that supported his needs.

Islam is not a religion born of peace that was spread by peaceful missionaries and priests. It was spread by conquest and terror, which both the Quoran and the hadiths describe quite detailed. According to your own holy book every muslim has a duty to subjugate all infidels and non-muslims are only allowed to live if they pay tribute to the muslims and acknowledge that muslims are superior.

The only place where I will agree is that its unfair to show Mohammed as a man of no intelligence. It takes a smart brain to create a death cult that goes on to live for more than 1400 years and is followed by more than 1 billion people. Even Hitler couldnt manage that.

There are plenty of historical facts that show this to be true. The only problem is that every time someone brings them up, the reaction is that "peace-loving" muslims kill, burn and pillage until no one dares speak against them. Yeah, thats really a good way to convince us how peaceful islam is!

This latest episode of SP is a major slap in the face of all the cowardly newspapers and news networks that are afraid to even show those harmless danish cartoons. When the citizens of SP say "I kinda like the sand idea" they represent all those journalists and politicians that have imposed censorship on themselves because they are afraid of saying what they really think about islam.

Do you think its a coincidence they choose to have Cartman be the one who is most offended over the Family Guy show? Hell no! That decision is just pure irony at its best, since Cartman is be far the most respectless person in SP and he is always willing to insult anyone no matter what. But when it comes to islam he is suddenly on the other side. You think thats because he has become a sweet and sensitive young man who really thinks its wrong to insult someone based on religion? Offcourse not! He represents all those people pretend to be outraged over of the danish cartoons but who will gladly laugh when its jews or christians being made fun of.
PostMon Apr 10, 2006 10:20 am Offline
Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:06 pm7294
hilarious <3

loved it , Thanks Matt n Trey.
PostMon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am Offline
Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:31 pm1
*cough*everyoneismissingthepoint*cough*

The underlying message in this episode is basically this: if it's ok to censor or limit the portrayal of one religion on TV then where do you draw the line? Is it ok to parody Judaism and Christianity but not Islam? If you censor one you have to censor the rest otherwise you risk pissing off extremists on all sides. I think it all relates back to the Scientology issue. Scientologists, specifically Isaac Hayes, were fine when South Park was making fun of all other religions. But, ooooh noooo, don't you dare poke fun at Scientology. Trust me, a lot of episodes this season are going to deal with this controversy in one way or another.

And, oh yeah, Mr. Stotch had a great point about how most Americans actually treat free speech... everyone wants it but hardly anyone is willing to fight for it when it really matters.
PostMon Apr 10, 2006 12:24 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Misty_Park_3R wrote:
Killahertz9 wrote:
Here's to next week and mud in your eye.
Dam Killa, how am I supposed to see with all this mud in my eye?

I have a Towel-ette... ;)

Misty_Park_3R wrote:
Some old painted portraits did not depict the subject’s actual body, only their head. In order to save time, the body would be painted on the canvas ahead of time, the subject only sat long enough for the face to be added; and because of this, on occasion, the head would not be in correct proportion with the body.

Heh, that practice has died and come back again - photos are often edited so that a famous person's head is on someone else's body.

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:
To me, the South Park I loved was about life in general, about what it's like to be a kid, about real life problems that individual people today face.

That gets boring after a while, especially when your characters don't age with the show.

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:
Now it's all a combination of movie parodies, political opinions, money, and viewer ratings. :roll:

movie parodies - that's always been part of the show
political opinions - that too
money - what?
viewer ratings - that's laughable.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
PostMon Apr 10, 2006 2:41 pm Offline
Matt and Trey have ALWAYS put their money where their mouth is....

In THIS game of POKER, I just think they shoved all their chips in. 8)

We'll get to see the hand played out.......My chips are on Matt and Trey.......... :twisted:

They AREN'T on CONGRESS or El ARBOLITO though............8=/......
PostTue Apr 11, 2006 3:11 am Offline
Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:59 am33
InfidelDog you obviously know nothing about the origins of islam, and it's you who has been brainwashed into believing something that isn't true.

Muhammad was a very peaceful man, and was against any violent act against any living thing. Similar to Jesus, when Muhammad was attacked and tortured, he asked Allah (the arabic word for God) to forgive the people torturing him and that Allah guides them to the path of rightous.

The Quran states that their are only two scenarios in which Muslims may wage war. The first is if we are attacked or about to be attacked by an army. The second is if our missionaries are refused to spread the message and to inlighten people about Islam.

Muhammad was the first man to denounce slavery. Although he had a "slave", the man was paid, and Muhammad had told him on several occasions, that if he wanted to leave, he may do so. And that no man can own another man, as we are all slaves of Allah. He even went to the extend of buying any slaves that were tortured just for being Muslim, and would then set them free.

The tribute that non-mulims had to pay is nothing more than the tax we pay today. As Muslims were already forced by religon to give 2.5% of their money (gold, land, ect) to the poor. And you can't force anyone to believe something. Why would a Christian or a Jew beleive Islam is supirior, that would be blastphomy towards thier own religon.

And I believe you didn't understand the whole point of episode 1003. Cartman didn't care about the Muslim people, he just wanted family guy off the air. Remember when Cartman went to Afghanistan, how he outplayed binLaden, and mocked Islam. The whole point is Cartman was tricking Kyle into thinking he's changed, just so he can get Family Guy off the air.

South Park (and Team America) have mocked Islam before, and have shown the Prophet Muhammad before, yet I (and all my other Muslim friends) still watch it. You should really get your facts right, before you start accusing people.

And concerning the media cencorship. What about the fact that the Jews living in the British occupied Palistine in the 1940's were the first modern terrorist. And the fact the were the first to use a car bomb, and they bombed a hotel killing12 British politicians, to drive the British out, so they can create their own jewish state. How come you never hear about that in the news. How come you never hear about why Al-Jazeera studios got bombed in Afghanistan, or why 5 journolists were killed by Americans in Iraq. How come when movies like "F9/11" and "Syrianna" show the truth behind the Arab/American corruption the news reporters ignore it, call it "fictional" or "unpatriotic". There is so much the media don't show, and a show like South Park shows a little of it, but in a humored way, so that no one gets offeneded.
PostTue Apr 11, 2006 4:20 am Offline
Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:32 am11So Cal
makki wrote:
What about the fact that the Jews living in the British occupied Palistine in the 1940's were the first modern terrorist. And the fact the were the first to use a car bomb, and they bombed a hotel killing12 British politicians, to drive the British out, so they can create their own jewish state. How come you never hear about that in the news.

Maybe because it was 60 years ago?

makki wrote:
How come when movies like "F9/11" and "Syrianna" show the truth behind the Arab/American corruption the news reporters ignore it, call it "fictional" or "unpatriotic". There is so much the media don't show, and a show like South Park shows a little of it, but in a humored way, so that no one gets offeneded.

Syrianna won an Oscar, and received excellent reviews, I wouldn't say it was ignored.

You want to know something funny, at least IMO? I'm a member on several forums, including a website I run myself, and I'm viewed differently at each one. One site labels me as a liberal, while another labels me conservative, yet I say the same things at each site. Everyone has their own view on things, and when it's not repeated regularly in the media, they often accuse the media of being biased. I've sat in the same room with friends, where we watched the same show on TV, yet couldn't agree with each other about what was said or implied.

What I think most people fail to realize is how closely related Islam and Christianity are with Judaism. They all pretty much started out as Judaism, but after around 1500 years or so, Christ did his thing, and some of the Jews became/created Christianity. 600 year after that, Mohammed showed up, and did his thing, creating Islam from the flock. The later two have the same basic core beliefs as the Jews, it's the details that were shared and followed by each ones respective 'Messiah' that makes them different and unique. IMHO, no one religion is any better than any other. It just depends on what works for you.

Anyway, I respect your views and opinions, but I can assure you it's (the points you brought up in your last paragraph) not as one sided as it may seem. :)

Take care,
~Chris

One of my favorite quotes:

"We are all atheists, some of us just believe in fewer gods than others. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen F. Roberts
PostTue Apr 11, 2006 6:44 am Offline
makki wrote:
InfidelDog you obviously know nothing about the origins of islam, and it's you who has been brainwashed into believing something that isn't true.

Muhammad was a very peaceful man, and was against any violent act against any living thing. Similar to Jesus, when Muhammad was attacked and tortured, he asked Allah (the arabic word for God) to forgive the people torturing him and that Allah guides them to the path of rightous.

The Quran states that their are only two scenarios in which Muslims may wage war. The first is if we are attacked or about to be attacked by an army. The second is if our missionaries are refused to spread the message and to inlighten people about Islam.

Muhammad was the first man to denounce slavery. Although he had a "slave", the man was paid, and Muhammad had told him on several occasions, that if he wanted to leave, he may do so. And that no man can own another man, as we are all slaves of Allah. He even went to the extend of buying any slaves that were tortured just for being Muslim, and would then set them free.

The tribute that non-mulims had to pay is nothing more than the tax we pay today. As Muslims were already forced by religon to give 2.5% of their money (gold, land, ect) to the poor. And you can't force anyone to believe something. Why would a Christian or a Jew beleive Islam is supirior, that would be blastphomy towards thier own religon.

And I believe you didn't understand the whole point of episode 1003. Cartman didn't care about the Muslim people, he just wanted family guy off the air. Remember when Cartman went to Afghanistan, how he outplayed binLaden, and mocked Islam. The whole point is Cartman was tricking Kyle into thinking he's changed, just so he can get Family Guy off the air.

South Park (and Team America) have mocked Islam before, and have shown the Prophet Muhammad before, yet I (and all my other Muslim friends) still watch it. You should really get your facts right, before you start accusing people.

And concerning the media cencorship. What about the fact that the Jews living in the British occupied Palistine in the 1940's were the first modern terrorist. And the fact the were the first to use a car bomb, and they bombed a hotel killing12 British politicians, to drive the British out, so they can create their own jewish state. How come you never hear about that in the news. How come you never hear about why Al-Jazeera studios got bombed in Afghanistan, or why 5 journolists were killed by Americans in Iraq. How come when movies like "F9/11" and "Syrianna" show the truth behind the Arab/American corruption the news reporters ignore it, call it "fictional" or "unpatriotic". There is so much the media don't show, and a show like South Park shows a little of it, but in a humored way, so that no one gets offeneded.

You haven't read your Q'ran much, have you?

Or maybe you have.........

The part where it is OK to LIE to anyone who is not of the faith?
That you can do ANYTHING to enforce Allah's will on the UNBELIEVER?

Read the Q'ran. Find out for yourself.

This IS a religion of peace. DEATH is peaceful.
Current events show that..........8=/..........

( Or maybe your TROLL side is showing :twisted: )[/b]
PostTue Apr 11, 2006 12:37 pm Offline
I speak arabic and have read the Quran many many times. I can't believe the amout of bullsh*t propoganda circulating about Islam. I knew some westeners were ignorant, but I always assumed the majority of educated people would know better than to label a whole group of people based on the actions of a few bad ones.

Oxfam announced that America and Israel are the two the biggest violators of human rights (post Saddam Hussian). So according to your little theory Americans and Jews are the most violent people (a fact which is obviously not true). The worst Islamic state on the list is Iran at 6, after China Russia and North Korea.

Don't believe everything people say, it all comes from racist ignorant people who will lie just to get you to believe what they believe.

Peace.
PostTue Apr 11, 2006 4:13 pm Offline
Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:11 pm25Los Angeles
I've never read the Koran, but I have read the Bible, and according to that book, God is sadistic, very easily offended, vengeful, and horrible, and so were most of the OT Bible heroes. Most of the Islamic barbarism (anti-sex, stoning adulterers, sacrificing animals, forcing women to remain invisible) is the same barbarism the Jews are instructed to live by, they just ignore that stuff now, just like conservative Christians ignore most of the stuff Jesus said about love your enemy. To say an ancient holy book or religion is "really about" this or that is gay. It's "really about" whatever each individual believer thinks it is.

When 9/11 happened, I really hoped that it would wake America up as to how much harm our economic and military policies have done to other people around the world. I really thought the question "why do they hate us?" would be seriously looked at in the mainstream media. Well, that was rather naive of me, as "they hate us for our freedoms" became good enough for all those Americans who refuse to believe America is anything but a force for absolute good in the world. Looking to the Koran as another way to explain why they hate us was inevitable.

I think it's really bizarre that as astute as they are, Matt & Trey think Shrub is such a great guy. But it does serve as a good reality check that they don't know everything, and they probably don't have access to any more information about what's going on in the world than any of us do.
PostTue Apr 11, 2006 11:44 pm Offline
After 9/11 most Muslims hoped America would look at "why do they hate us" (us is the US government, and not the American people). And South Park has sorta brought this issue up in a previous episode.

But the problem is that Ayman Al-Zawahri (the same guy that sends out the thrats in 1003) is a bit fuked up in the head, and actually hates America because of it's freedom. He thinks that he (and his Al-Qa'ada crew of 10 people) is the only person that understands the Quran correctly, and that he and only he would be able to rule the world under the laws of Allah. And to achieve this goal he has to do whatever it takes, including killing people, both Muslims and non-muslims.

This guy is so f*cked up in the head. He started getting these ideas while reading books during his time in jail in Egypt, where he was routinely tortured by dogs. All this anger built up inside him, and made him believe that killing random innocent people was the way for him to get his revenge. To top this all off, he's a 50 year old vergin, has never jacked off, and actually lives in sand, because he's on the run, so you can imagine how pissed off he'll be.
PostWed Apr 12, 2006 12:00 am Offline
Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:02 am174Any where i can be.
i've seen only some of this ep but can some one tell me what the f*ck happened to ike?

Sort by  
Page 23 of 25 363 posts Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next