Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 37 of 39 575 posts Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
PostSat Apr 15, 2006 1:20 am Offline
Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:32 am11So Cal
nojo wrote:
PKRWUD wrote:
It is the SP Mohammed. If it's a fake, it's an excellent job. I went through it several times, frame by frame, and it looks legit to me.

It is a fake, and somewhere on the board is a link to someone who provided a frame-by-frame analysis.

One clue: Is there a Comedy Central logo during the few "restored" seconds? The logo only appears during broadcast episodes, and is not part of any original SP footage. An actual leaked clip would be "clean".

I believe you, but it's a damn good fake.
PostSat Apr 15, 2006 9:30 am Offline
Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:27 pm5
im surprised that nobody has mentioned that mrtwig is down, normally there is always some guy asking how to download an episode and everyone else tells him mrtwig.net, but it is down, so i was just surfing to see you comments on it, and there are none, well maybe you just didn't know yet, well now you do

peace
PostSat Apr 15, 2006 10:22 am Offline
Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:03 am23Evergreen, Colorado ( HONEST! )
I'll cover All the responses that were made to my posts here.

I was CONSIDERABLY older than two during that time. In fact I was of DRAFT age and had the DRAFT LOTTERY to worry about.

( SMUG ALERT! )

I have had access to a large home library as I have had a parent in the professional psychology biz. Ended up as a school Admin too....

This library contains EVERYTHING, from the Anarchist Cookbook to multiple copies of the Bible.This library was and IS in the SFBA. ( Thats San Francisco Bay Area to you out of towners. Yes THAT place... :D)

I have had my education in that liberal bastion as well. I have read the Berkeley Barb, I have read The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers by Gilbert Shelton ( I even keep copies! ).
In short, I LIVED the 60s. I even remember them too..:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley_Barb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabulous_F ... k_Brothers

( forgive me for posting to a COMPETITOR to South Park )

I have resided in EVERGREEN, CO for some time. Most people are aware of that connection with South Park ( I think ).

I have even considered starting a PSYCHOLOGY of South Park thread here. The possibilities are endless....

( / SMUG ALERT! )

Anyway, I digress.

This discussion points out the difference we have between PUBLIC and PRIVATE in the U. S. of A.

Congress is PUBLIC. Viacom, CC, Paramount, NBC, CBS, etc. are PRIVATE businesses.

What gets sticky is that we have a GOVERNMENT relationship with a PRIVATE business....

( Previewing this, note that I didn't type YOU!! )
" f*ck, even in the future nothing works " - Dark Helmet, " Spaceballs "
PostSat Apr 15, 2006 10:53 am Offline
Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:03 am23Evergreen, Colorado ( HONEST! )
theking103 wrote:
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that mrtwig is down, normally there is always some guy asking how to download an episode and everyone else tells him mrtwig.net, but it is down, so i was just surfing to see you comments on it, and there are none, well maybe you just didn't know yet, well now you do

peace

Try this as an Alternate SOURCE:

http://thepiratebay.org/

Search under South Park

Note that it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to use this source RESPONSIBLY. I DON'T condone THEFT. Neither should you.

And THAT boils this topic down to the CRUX of the matter.

RESPONSIBILITY
" f*ck, even in the future nothing works " - Dark Helmet, " Spaceballs "
PostSat Apr 15, 2006 11:11 am Offline
Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:22 pm3100Playboy Mansion
Oh man did I like this episode. Better then Part 1. I loved the crapping scene at the end. The Manattee Scene was Genious. South Park Killed Family Guy. I wonder how Family guy will retaliate. Probably pretty sh*tty i bet
PostSat Apr 15, 2006 11:46 am Offline
Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:27 pm5
oh, i already know of other torrent sites to get south park i was just wondering if u guys knew, and if you know whats goins on with it, is it shut down, are they redoing the page, did the seerver crash, im just wondering what happened, its been reliable for years and now it isnt there

ps i dont condone theft either, i dont have every episode on my computer and i have never heard of bit torrent
PostSat Apr 15, 2006 12:00 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Just remember: no matter how you see the eps when they come out, when the seasons come out on DVD, buy them!

And if there are any Web masters here hosting eps from seasons past, the rule is this: Remove the seasons from your site when they come out on DVD.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
PostSat Apr 15, 2006 12:09 pm Offline
Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:51 am616Sandy Eggo
aeb1barfo wrote:
I was CONSIDERABLY older than two during that time. In fact I was of DRAFT age and had the DRAFT LOTTERY to worry about.

Got me there. I came of age during that brief time between the end of the draft and the beginning of draft registration.

So as not to frighten my friends, many of whom I top by a generation, I point out that I'm "younger than Madonna". Barely.
PostSat Apr 15, 2006 2:41 pm Offline
Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:36 pm1234I smile because i have no idea what's going on =)
nojo wrote:
So as not to frighten my friends, many of whom I top by a generation, I point out that I'm "younger than Madonna". Barely.
She’s like 80, right? ;)

In other news of the South Park community:

I want to thank some of our fellow parishioners here at the church of South Park for so eloquently placing an abundance of their reflective pocket change into the collection plate; a number of rusty slugs were tossed in there as well. Seeing this made me think, how much did I contribute to this offering? The answer, it’s not 2 cents, nor 5 cents, but rather, no-cents at all.
PostSat Apr 15, 2006 2:57 pm Offline
Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:51 am616Sandy Eggo
Misty_Park_3R wrote:
She’s like 80, right? ;)

Madonna and I are both AARP-bait in a few years, yes. Scares the hell out of my parents.
PostSat Apr 15, 2006 5:10 pm Offline
Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:15 pm121United States, Connecticut
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d1uUiZgTpXg& ... uth%20park

check out that news video on the episodes controversy.

"comedy central offends christians but not muslims and Scientologists"
PostSat Apr 15, 2006 6:13 pm Offline
Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:43 pm12
pitchblank wrote:
kelly b wrote:
This episode has got to air uncensored. CC has got to lift the ban.
It's just insane that any thinking American could let these murderous terrorists win like this.
It's almost treasonous in a way.

Well - I don't think the fear of muslim retaliation is what's holding CC back; sadly, they fear falling victim to friendly fire more than anything else. They're fighting two enemies here. American mainstream media, politicians, homeland security and various PC-minded groups will whip up a huge backlash and jump on Viacom, who in turn will have CC's balls in the thresher. These two episodes pretty much illustrated how the scenario will play out (well, the streets won't be filled with sand but other than that it's fairly plausible).

I'm sure CC has balls, the problem is that they'll be neutered by their own, and the terrorists will be chuckling merrily while Americans are fighting amongst themselves...

That makes sense, but that also means CC is lying in that canned letter they send to people who write in bitching about the ban.
Sure, the terrorist would get a kick out of us fighting amongst ourselves, but they're getting a BIGGER kick out of their stupid riot plot actually working so well. (I'm speaking of the masterminds who provided the furious masses with the Danish flags to burn.)
In the name of Americanism, I still think CC should air the episode uncensored and suffer the wrath. Take one for the team, so to speak.
It's the right thing to do.
PostSat Apr 15, 2006 9:20 pm Offline
Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:49 pm1910Now known as Cartman's Top Enemy
nojo wrote:
mewster wrote:
As perhaps the only person here who was alive in 1969, albeit as a two-year-old, I've seen enough of both shows to know that Laugh-In was more of a parody of those times and SmoBro reflected those times more accurately.

Just think -- a few more posts, and we can have a Laugh-In / Smothers Brothers flame war! Laugh-In was obviously an hour of random gags, while Smothers Brothers humor was more integral to the times.

So, we sorta agree.

nojo wrote:
Oh, and age? I think at least two of us here got you beat, since we're both relying on memories of the original network runs. (Laugh-In followed the Monkees on Monday nights. Thank you, I'll have my oatmeal now.)

I'll pour the prune juice. :lol:
I'm now known as Cartman's Top Enemy. Please make a note of it.
PostSun Apr 16, 2006 1:04 am Offline
Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:31 am1
At first I thought the whole manitee being writers thing was a real cop out and unfunny answer to last weeks cliff hanger ( I thought maybe Mohammed would be the writer[) but when I saw Jesus crapping on everyone I got it. Today I saw a thing on CNN about how Christian groups are mad at Trey and Matt about the show and dont even care about the censorship on they're part. I think its cowardice to show Jesus doing what he did and not even show Mohammed doing nothing and that is the whole point. That because of the irrationality of a fanatical religion and its extreme followers you cant show its profit being treated respectfully yet you can Jesus taking abd being crapped on? It is such a joke and makes me hate the media in this country even more. F-ing PC morons. Thanks for letting me rant. Hope to add more to this board in the future.
PostSun Apr 16, 2006 2:17 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Misty_Park_3R wrote:
nojo wrote:
She’s like 80, right? ;)

In other news of the South Park community:

I want to thank some of our fellow parishioners here at the church of South Park for so eloquently placing an abundance of their reflective pocket change into the collection plate; a number of rusty slugs were tossed in there as well. Seeing this made me think, how much did I contribute to this offering? The answer, it’s not 2 cents, nor 5 cents, but rather, no-cents at all.

I think this post is worth a centavo. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 37 of 39 575 posts Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next