Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 38 of 39 575 posts Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
PostSun Apr 16, 2006 9:13 am Offline
Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:36 pm1234I smile because i have no idea what's going on =)
Kenny Da King wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d1uUiZgTpXg&search=south%20park

check out that news video on the episodes controversy.

"comedy central offends christians but not muslims and Scientologists"
That Donahue guy called Matt and Trey bums. :P
“20 yrs from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch trade winds in your sails. Explore_Dream_Discover” TWAIN
cartoon wars airing in the uk PostSun Apr 16, 2006 10:21 am Offline
Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:54 pm50norfolk england
i was just wondering if anyone knew if we would get to see the uncensored episode here in the uk?

i'm pretty sure that our networks can decide if they wanna show it

that said they probably wont

oh yeah and they've banned "trapped in the closet" over here :x :x
"when ever I see Jesus up on that cross, I can't help but think that he looks kinda hot!"
Re: Skipping the Flame wars... PostSun Apr 16, 2006 2:13 pm Offline
Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:29 am24Orono, ME
PanSavant wrote:
It is official, from the horses mouth, it was CC who refused to show Muhammed. Here is the email I received back from CC, snipped for brevity but not context.

I received the exact same letter from them... I was kind of disappointed that they didn't respond to my point about "Super Best Friends" but it was pretty much what I expected out of them.
"It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face." -www.despair.com
PostSun Apr 16, 2006 10:30 pm Offline
  • YIM
Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:22 pm72Chicago, Il
well donahue is a butt-faced lyer! first he rips on CC callin them cowards and then promptly jumps on M&T for what they did? screw him and his high horse! the boys did the ending cause they knew CC would puss out and thats thier way of retaliating. they are so ready for a new SP movie where they can stick the 1st amendment so far up bush's ass he could blow his nose with it.

but i loved the sow and can't wait for more! :cartmanangry:
now that's what i call a stickey situation!!
PostSun Apr 16, 2006 10:50 pm Offline
Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:51 am616Sandy Eggo
byte19 wrote:
they are so ready for a new SP movie where they can stick the 1st amendment so far up bush's ass he could blow his nose with it.

Graphic images of Constitutional anal sex would likely earn the movie an NC-17 rating from the MPAA, effectively banning the film from the majority of American theaters, which limit ratings to R.

That is, if you recall what the first movie was about...
PostMon Apr 17, 2006 7:20 am Offline
Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:49 pm2
I agree. This is absolutely the best topic for a new SP movie. Could you imagine.......
Pity CC.
PostMon Apr 17, 2006 8:49 am Offline
Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:27 pm558berlin
I thought it was a really funny episode, until Muhammed was censored. That really pissed me off. I think It's kind of weird that the joke of Part I really happened, namely that Muhammed doing a very simple action was censored. In my opinion, it could have been a classic, but Muhammed being censored kind of ruined it for me.
Merry f*cking Christmas!
PostMon Apr 17, 2006 3:16 pm Offline
Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:24 am153
Something had me a bit confused. What in the hell was up with CC? Sure, Matt and Trey self-censored, but if my memory serves me correctly, I've seen 'Super Best Friends' at least once each on CC and in syndication since the whole Danish cartoonists incident broke out in the media. Why wasn't that episode censored after the fact?

Anyway - I loved 'Cartoon Wars' 1 & 2. And my absolute favorite part had to be the T&P double fake out. It was so crazily awesome, and I didn't see that coming at all.
PostMon Apr 17, 2006 4:03 pm Offline
Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:15 pm9
Wait, so is Super Best Friends gonna have to be banned now since it shows Muhammed?
PostMon Apr 17, 2006 4:30 pm Offline
Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:51 am616Sandy Eggo
TorsonicPolarity wrote:
Wait, so is Super Best Friends gonna have to be banned now since it shows Muhammed?

Although there's a viewer report here to the contrary, the answer seems to be Yes. Current Comedy Central policy is not to show images of Muhammed on the network.

Or perhaps I should say "identified images". A turbaned gentleman in a split-second crowd scene doesn't count.
PostTue Apr 18, 2006 12:25 pm Offline
Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:49 pm1910Now known as Cartman's Top Enemy
nojo wrote:
byte19 wrote:
they are so ready for a new SP movie where they can stick the 1st amendment so far up bush's ass he could blow his nose with it.

Graphic images of Constitutional anal sex would likely earn the movie an NC-17 rating from the MPAA, effectively banning the film from the majority of American theaters, which limit ratings to R.

Which is why Piggy's conception scene was taken out of SP:BLU :P
I'm now known as Cartman's Top Enemy. Please make a note of it.
PostTue Apr 18, 2006 3:40 pm Offline
Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:15 pm121United States, Connecticut
PostTue Apr 18, 2006 3:52 pm Offline
Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:24 am153
Kenny Da King wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoon_Wars_Part_2

That was pretty cool! I may have to read the other Wikipedia entries on the previous episodes.
PostTue Apr 18, 2006 4:33 pm Offline
Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:15 pm121United States, Connecticut
yeah wiki is awesome!
PostMon Apr 24, 2006 4:25 pm Offline
  • YIM
Tue May 25, 2004 10:21 pm11556El Paso, TX (BeanerTown, USA)
This is probably the best episode of the new season. I loved the manatee idea, Bart Simpson, the Al-Zarwahrwi/bin Laden scenes with their little cartoon, and the fight scene between Kyle and Cartman, which was funnier than the first part. I laughed harder at this episode than any other in the season.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!

Sort by  
Page 38 of 39 575 posts Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next