Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 16 of 18 260 posts Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostSat May 06, 2006 6:14 am Offline
Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:01 pm25planet gelgemek
Imo, definately the best ep of season 10 so far. Iam a cartman fan and found the episode not only hilarious, but an interesting insight into his character. Alot of good points have been raised by others regarding this in the 15 pages of thread i just read and theres nothing much i can add.

My favourite parts of the ep (in no particular order) were-

-'omg bitesize snickers'

-the tsst thing, how many ppl are gonna start doing that to ppl that annoy them?!

-cartman breaking the first nanny, he reminds me so much of hannibal lecter at times!

-'jesus, whats happening to me?'

-When cartman spits in the first nanny's mouth. Im 99% sure this happened on a supernanny episode here in the uk. Im pretty sure that on that episode the mother said 'its best not to get on his level' like liane did too. Can anyone confirm this??

Cant wait for the 2nd half of season 10!
"you think you slick you punk-ass, blasphemous dope-fiend bitch. I had my jimmy whacked 7 times last week."
PostSat May 06, 2006 1:16 pm Offline
Sat May 06, 2006 10:32 am349Town of Bullshit
I just saw it, it is HILARIOUS!!!!!!! Watch it, its really funny! ( what does tsst mean???)
PostSat May 06, 2006 2:30 pm Offline
Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:46 pm163Washington PA
Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:
Hrm as this seems to be everyone's claimed favorite of the season, I might judge it quickly because I didn't before. I just saw it as my weekly dose of South Park and didn't take it for more, but I will say compared to the others I found it rather weak in the humor department.

The nanny joke wasn't funny. It wasn't. I laughed very little this episode and it did not resemble the older South Parks in my opinion.

However, if you have ever read a South Park script, none of them are funny. They're tragic. The funny, as they say on the Team America DVD, comes in the making not the script writing and I'd have to agree. To quote "We can just write an unfunny script and then make it funny later."

However, this episode kept the tragic sense of the script which is unusual for South Park. I liked it in the sense that it was unusual, Cartman's mom wasn't even a slut this time, a lot of the expectations I have of the show were reversed and that's always refreshing but if the show continued this way for multiple episodes I would eventually lose interest.

South Parks' appeal is that the writers don't take themselves seriously, this episode took itself too seriously and it's nice once in a while, but I'd hate to see South Park turn into this.

And I've seen almost all South Park episodes so please don't give me the stupid "You're not a big fan!" speech. I won't be insulted because “fans” are just obsessive losers, but I have been watching the show for a while and this was not “Classic South Park.” as I know it.

totally agree, its just nuts. i've loved all the eps so far this season until this one. it was a good look inside the character of Cartman and was a decent ep (i didnt hate it or anything), but it wasnt too funny IMO. oh well, to each their own.

you really are quite good looking Rebacca :lol:
knowledge without follow-through is worse then no knowledge at all - Bukowski
PostSat May 06, 2006 3:01 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:07 pm955Willy Dribble!!!
ICS wrote:
you really are quite good looking Rebacca :lol:

... I know. :mrgreen:
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
PostSat May 06, 2006 3:55 pm Offline
  • YIM
Tue May 25, 2004 10:21 pm11556El Paso, TX (BeanerTown, USA)
misscutiepie1330 wrote:
I just saw it, it is HILARIOUS!!!!!!! Watch it, its really funny! ( what does tsst mean???)

Tsst is the noise Cesar Milano makes whenever he's disciplining a dog.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
PostSat May 06, 2006 6:37 pm Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
Phishpeaks wrote:
luxurious wrote:
Wow. You people sure do love to dissect and over analyze the episode. Cartman did in fact change, as we saw. You can't get into his head to refute that as he is only a cartoon character.

What do you mean by '[you]only[/you] a cartoon character'? Isn't he a literary creation every bit as worthy of discussion and analyzation as any so-called 'serious' or 'classic' characters of literature?

Hell, people have been crawing into the heads of literary characters to debate their actions and motivations since the first story was written. LOL!

And it really is a good mental exercise. :D

Good point.
PostSun May 07, 2006 8:22 pm Offline
Tue May 10, 2005 1:03 pm18
Yeah, this episode wasn't that great. Cartman episodes rarely are (ex. Death of Eric Cartman, Scott Tenorman Must Die, etc.).

I really just hate episodes based solely on one character. It takes all the fun out of watching South Park. There are some exceptions like A Million Little Fibers but for the most part, the jokes run out fast because you're just feeding off of that one person's personality.

And Cartman really isn't that funny. He was back when he was just a dumb little fat kid like the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd season but ever since they made him smart and clever, the character has really gone downhill.
PostSun May 07, 2006 8:28 pm Offline
Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:14 pm1825Ohio - Nothing to see since 1803
I liked this one, probably my favorite of the season. Yeah, it was Cartman focused, but it was Cartman gettin abused, so I liked it. Like I've said before, he had a break there, so it was fine to bring him back again.
PostMon May 08, 2006 4:40 pm Offline
Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:06 am17
This episode was TOO funny. I've watched i 4 times. I loved it so much!
PostMon May 08, 2006 4:42 pm Offline
Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:26 pm651Bowels of South Florida
T!MMY wrote:
Yeah, this episode wasn't that great. Cartman episodes rarely are (ex. Death of Eric Cartman, Scott Tenorman Must Die, etc.).

I really just hate episodes based solely on one character. It takes all the fun out of watching South Park. There are some exceptions like A Million Little Fibers but for the most part, the jokes run out fast because you're just feeding off of that one person's personality.

And Cartman really isn't that funny. He was back when he was just a dumb little fat kid like the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd season but ever since they made him smart and clever, the character has really gone downhill.

D: I've never found stupidity amusing, especially in main characters. It makes it too hard to relate to them, and I prefer getting frustrated alongside the main characters, instead of with them.
PostMon May 08, 2006 5:55 pm Offline
Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:30 am33A Spider Hole
I couldn't stop laughing at Cartman being treated like an unruly dog. In fact, I think I woke up the neighbors, laughing so loud. Pretty good episode. Best of the season so far.

T!MMY wrote:
I really just hate episodes based solely on one character. It takes all the fun out of watching South Park.... He was back when he was just a dumb little fat kid like the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd season but ever since they made him smart and clever, the character has really gone downhill.

In general, I agree with you, the episodes are almost always better when all the boys interact, and one character doesn't hold an entire episode nearly as well. And, I still think Cartman is funny, but liked him alot better in the earlier episodes.
PostMon May 08, 2006 8:02 pm Offline
Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:37 pm579
I find it intersting that the only way to get Big Mean Softy under control is to treat him like a dog. That should give us the clue as to who his mehhm is -- Liane poked some diseased and dying mutt in the ass in a back alley during a crack binge.
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
PostTue May 09, 2006 1:11 am Offline
Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:22 am315
Am I the only one who liked the Pip episode?

"Hello, I'm a British person"
And Pocket was just hilarious.
"Let's talk about...Panda bears!"
PostTue May 09, 2006 1:31 am Offline
  • YIM
Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:37 pm45in Mister Roger's Neighborhood
the pip episode was hella cool, the only episodes i really didnt like was goobacks and fattbutt and pancake head. those two get on my nerves. i f*ckin loved the episode 'a million little fibers' and personally think that was the best episode in a long ass time. i also loved good times with weapons, towelie, mecha schisand, simpsons did it, roger ebert should lay off the fatty foods, not without my anus, chinpokomon, others that i cant think of right now and of course TSST .
i sure wish i knew how to post a picture thing here (sigh)

Sort by  
Page 16 of 18 260 posts Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next