Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 17 of 20 298 posts Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostSat Oct 14, 2006 6:51 am Offline
Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:40 am3
Hey everyone...new to the forums, so I apologize if I'm posting this the wrong way or something. Anyway, I was watching the new episode last night, and this might have totally been my imagination---feel free to tell me I'm just going crazy---but did Bush sound different to anyone yesterday than he had on the Wednesday and Thursday airings? Like I said, maybe I'm just hearing things, but his voice sounded deeper and less Texan on Friday.

I won't let myself get drawn into the "was it a conspiracy" discussion, but I thought it was a pretty good episode---I liked the twists. The Hardy Boys parody seems unnecessary though.
"You are SO going to Hell when you die!"
PostSat Oct 14, 2006 9:43 am Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Mr. Mackey's poopie euphemisms:

"number 2"
"take a dump"
"dook" or "dookie"
"big meaty chud"
"pinch one off"
"brown rag doll"
"chocolate hot dog"
"fudge dragon"
"mud monkey"

I loved the use of that overhead pan as Stan & Kyle run off with Professor Hardly in the 3rd act and again with the 90 degree pan with Stan and the gun.

And did you notice the outline of Kenny on the boy's room door? Nice touch, animators.

---

Okay time to address the stuff from Cartman's presentation:

"Did you know jet fuel doesn't burn at a high enough temperature to melt steel?"

True. But the steel didn't 'melt'. That's never been the claim.
This is the official version: The steel trusses that support the floors were weakened by the heat. Steel doesn't need to melt to loose it's structural integrity. The floor trusses give way, removing the lateral support for the vertical columns and the building comes down.

"If a plane hit (the Pentagon), where's the rest of the plane?"

What a silly question, Cartman. The plane's not going to survive that kind of collision with any recognizable pieces. And the comment he makes about the "hole not being big enough" is just another version of the "it didn't look the way I thought it would" logic. The hole's not going to be as big as the plane because most of the mass is in the fuselage. And that hole looks about right for an airliner fuselage.

Cartman used some perfect examples of how conspiracy theorists use half truths and misconception to lend creedence to thier bullsh*t.
You read it! You can't unread it!
PostSat Oct 14, 2006 2:19 pm Offline
Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:38 pm11
A good, solid episode, and I'd give it about an 8.

As far as all the nonsense I've waded through this afternoon reading this thread, I'd say that Matt and Trey are probably right on target with the "25% are retards" comment about the folks who want and choose to believe in conspiracy theories.
PostSat Oct 14, 2006 2:42 pm Offline
Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:59 am43Yorkshire, UK
I loved it! I'd probably give it an 8.5, I liked a little bit better than MLNW (which I also thought was awesome).

The introduction of the camera panning was amazing and I loved the dark side to Stan's character.

My response to the conspiracy theorists would be, if you were a real South Park fan you'd look past the fact that they are making fun of your beliefs (however ridiculous some of them are), because they make fun of pretty much everything. You can't stop watching a satirical show that you normally enjoy because they don't agree with you on this particular issue, that's retarded. I don't always agree with their politics, but I look past it because I look for the humour, and if you can't even do that then don't watch this episode. You can't blame them for airing their opinions.
PostSat Oct 14, 2006 7:54 pm Offline
Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:44 pm5
Many "Retards" say that bush or the republicans carried out 911. That is dumb. Bush himself and the republican high officials probably didnt "plan" and "orchestrate" 911 at the deep base levels. They aren't smart enough to do it without leaking any evidence. Whoever did plan and orchestrate the 911 attacks were able to do it without leaking "any good evidence pointing at, the people who did it, them". It is incredible at how well of a job it was. The 911 truth movement does not have evidence pointing at who CAUSED 911, we only have evidence proving it was a controlled demolition and evidence showing who proffited from it. Footage of the collapse showing obvious controlled demolition, hundreds of eye witnesses stating they heard explosions going off inside the buildings and in / under the lobby every 1-2 minutes, official and accepted eye witness / news reports of large pools of molten 3000+ degrees steel existing underneath ground 0 four weeks after the collapses which could not have existed if bombs weren't used, common scientific sense and calculations that planes crashing into two of the strongest buildings in the world built the way these two were couldnt have caused it to collapse so quickly like that, and evidence of all the past government false flag operations (like USS liberty) proves that the WTC collapses were controlled demolition. That is enough to prove it was an inside job, yet there is ZERO EVIDENCE pointing at who carried out this inside job -

We know that Al-Queda and Osama could not have made NORAD standdown and could not have put thousands of pounds of explosives into the buildings. So we know that the official "planners and doers" of the 911 attacks (Osama / Al-Queda) did not have the ability to do it. We know who didn't do it, but we don't know who did do it.

Also, many "retards" will say that the Jews / Isreal carried out 911. THAT IS FALSE. Isreal does not have the power or inflience to make NORAD standdown. Britian OR Isreal OR Russia OR China couldn't do it. Only smelly fish elements inside our own government with very large amounts of power and controll (more power than the president) could carry it out.

However, its 100% fact that the buildings were brought down by demolitions grade explosives (bombs). If you want the evidence I provided it in the first paragraph.

However... Who planted the bombs? Who planed the 911 attacks at the deepest levels? Who orchestrated it? What exactly happened to the original flights?

The 911 truth movement does not know the answers to these questions. all we know is:
1.) The buildings were brought down by bombs (controlled demolition)
2.) bush / cheney / rumsfeld lied about it being caused/planned by Al-Queda or Osama
3.) bush / cheney / rumsfeld lied about fire being the reason the buildings collapsed (never in history, ever, has a modern steel support collumn building collapsed from fire. scientifically impossible at the chances of 1 in a trillion trillion)
4.) bush / cheney / rumsfeld are responsible for killing thousands of soldiers in 2 wars they started that were based on lies.
Those 4 things themself are war crimes of high treason and grounds for impeachment and life imprisonment, even if they didnt orchestrate the 911 attacks completely.
PostSat Oct 14, 2006 8:09 pm Offline
Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:06 pm2254New Atlanta, Sector 11, Building 71G
triplemultiplex wrote:
Okay time to address the stuff from Cartman's presentation:

Speaking of which, I was hoping they'd use Cartman's character to caricature the behavior of your typical CTist. It's the only other missed opportunity I saw. For example he could have said things like:

"How can anyone look at these facts and not realize the truth? I can only assume cognitive dissonance."

"The so-called experts who disagree with me should be fired from their jobs!"

"If you don't think the government was 100% complicit in 9/11, then you must be down on your knees kissing Bush's ass."

But I still laughed at the part where he blamed Kyle, and then put up the same picture of him as in his "Ginger Kids" presentation. :D
PostSat Oct 14, 2006 8:26 pm Offline
Quote:
True. But the steel didn't 'melt'. That's never been the claim.
This is the official version: The steel trusses that support the floors were weakened by the heat. Steel doesn't need to melt to loose it's structural integrity. The floor trusses give way, removing the lateral support for the vertical columns and the building comes down.

That isn't what happened.

48 of the largest top to buttom support collumns, plus hundreds of modern floor-support-collumns per floor. even if the top 30% of the building lost support and fell down, that top 30% would have fallen off and the bottom 70% would have stood.

the best way to wake up to the truth of government is to listen to this man. he does a 3 hour radio show every weekday and its replayed 24 / 7 nonstop every day incase you missed it

http://www.nfowars.net:443/stream1.pls

all you have to do is click that link to listen to him anytime. every monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday a new show will be playing. listen to his show whenever you can

and im sorry to say, if you dont believe what comes out of his mouth you have no good brain cells
PostSat Oct 14, 2006 8:43 pm Offline
Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:40 am3
While I told myself I would try to avoid this fight, I do have a bit of evidence to point out. It's not very scientific, but...hasn't bin Laden bragged in his videos about how he did cause 9/11?

He could be lying, but...well, just saying.
"You are SO going to Hell when you die!"
PostSat Oct 14, 2006 8:53 pm Offline
the cia releases bin laden videos that they create. bin laden was a CIA asset and most likely still is controlled by the CIA
PostSat Oct 14, 2006 10:38 pm Offline
Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:12 pm30
Jesus you conspiracy theorists are annoying. I many believe it is POSSIBLE that a conspiracy took place, but spamming up a thread trying to convince someone who obviously doesn't want to be convinced that something is true is frustrating to everyone else who wants to discuss the episode.

Why don't you all PM each other? Or go talk on another thread made specifically FOR 9/11 discussion?

Anyway. Thanks to all that replied and agreed that the camera panning shots were really really cool! :)
PostSun Oct 15, 2006 12:31 am Offline
i am not trying to convince you (or anyone) of anything.

my first post was adding my thoughts into the discussion of this episode

my second post was replying to a persons statement on cartmans theories

my third post was replying to a statement about osama

I am just bringing whatever truth i can into the discussion. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything however, I just like to dicuss things and talk.
PostSun Oct 15, 2006 1:35 am Offline
Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:59 am43Yorkshire, UK
aoahuj wrote:
i am not trying to convince you (or anyone) of anything.

*Adopts Kyle-esque tone* Really???

If people are interested in this and want to look up the somewhat dubious evidence in favour of the controlled explosions and the ideas that al-Qaeda was not involved in the attacks then they will. Spamming a message board won't make people change their opinions, it will anger us and make us less likely to be swayed by your arguments.

(for the record, although I loved the episode, I'm also a bit of a conspiracy theorist, but I'm keeping that to myself)
PostSun Oct 15, 2006 7:11 am Offline
Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:57 pm1103Behind you
What have I said before? You know a South Park episode sucks when it starts a discussion like this. It all comes from Matt and Trey being preachy and then the preachiness rubs off to you guys.
As enjoyable as abuse.
PostSun Oct 15, 2006 9:18 am Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
aoahuj wrote:
48 of the largest top to buttom support collumns, plus hundreds of modern floor-support-collumns per floor. even if the top 30% of the building lost support and fell down, that top 30% would have fallen off and the bottom 70% would have stood.

Oh, I guess I didn't realize the building was designed to take a force of several million tons when the weight of the tower above the impact zone drops the height of one floor. Damn, how could I constrain my understanding of structural engineering to reality like that? I should really be more open minded.........

aoahuj wrote:
and I'm sorry to say, if you dont believe what comes out of his mouth you have no good brain cells

Good arguement, douchebag.
You read it! You can't unread it!
PostSun Oct 15, 2006 9:55 am Offline
Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:12 pm30
Grizim wrote:
You know a South Park episode sucks when it starts a discussion like this.

The political aspects of the show are amoung my favorite elements. I couldn't watch the show if it was all fart and poop jokes.

The fact that these people take the political elements way too seriously is annoying. Then again maybe I will feel strongly on an issue in the future and want to debate it, I just hope I'll be able to state my case and not go on and on like these guys. -_-;

Sort by  
Page 17 of 20 298 posts Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next