Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 26 389 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
*1014: Stanley's Cup* PostSun Nov 12, 2006 7:01 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Stan Marsh is haunted by memories of his pee wee hockey days.

Stan Marsh has hit rock bottom. He's got no job, no bicycle and his only way out of a bad situation, is to coach the local pee wee hockey team. Once a hotshot pee wee hockey player himself, Stan Marsh has tried to put those days behind him. But he's still living with the memory of how let his team down when he missed the winning shot in the big game. Now, he's about to find out that being a coach means facing your past. He's determined to show his kids what it's like to be a winner!
PostSun Nov 12, 2006 7:04 pm Offline
Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:47 pm1340Binghamton, NY. It sucks
Yay for Stan! I was hoping he'd get an episode this season, and this sounds like he'll have an awesome role. I just hope it has the other boys in it as well. Sort of reminds me of "The Loosing Edge" Stan was pretty central in that.

And, I can't really imagine this episode having any politcal themes, which should be nice, even though I still like political episodes. If it has the other boys in it to an extent, I'll be happy, it should be a nice way to wrap up the season. *squeals* They're sticking to tradition and ending with a Stan episode, I glad when I saw that.
PostSun Nov 12, 2006 7:10 pm Offline
Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:57 pm856Baltimore, MD
I've been hoping for a Stan episode all season. I just thought it would be a religious episode. Anyway, this should be pretty good. :D Let's hope for a strong ending to this fantastic season.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
PostSun Nov 12, 2006 7:13 pm Offline
Sat May 07, 2005 9:46 am278625 Avenue de los Mexicanos
Since Stan dosen't have any family members younger then him, We haven't really seen him in a "parental" situation, so this should be pretty interesting. He'll probably say or do some things his dad does since Randy dosen't do too bad a job.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
PostSun Nov 12, 2006 7:19 pm Offline
Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:24 pm2965Alberta, Canada
Okay, since I just got a bit more of my extreme fangirlism out there already elsewhere, I'll try going into a more over-analytical mode.

First off though, I'll just state that this episode description has me OVERJOYED. I love character angst. I love Stan. I love hockey. Beautiful.

- Pee Wee Hockey Team = Ike in this episode? Ike's young. Ike's Canadian. Plus it would be an awesome tie-in for Kyle. Kinda like in Miss Teacher.

- Stan angsting = someone has to pull him out of it/help him through it? One of the boys? ... I might be going with Kyle again here, just 'cause of them being best friends and all, plus if Ike is a part of the team then it'd make plenty of sense there, too.

- Kinda sounds like Butters in F'd in the A, but better. Awesome. Possibly a flashback to littleStan chocking? That would be awesome.

- Stan having no job? He's like... nine. Maybe this'll lead to a kickass opener. And the last time he was going for a bike was in Trapped, wasn't it? So it even fits with that episode, 'cause he blew all of his bike money.

- Stan going all inspirational = awesome. He just has natural leadership qualities about him. I just automatically see him as the leader of the boys. He'd be great at coaching.

You know what. f*ck this. This is the most excited I've been for an episode this run, right up there with Warcraft and Urinal Deuce. This. Sounds. Freaking. Awesome.

oh. my. god.
Last edited by iceiwynd on Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PostSun Nov 12, 2006 7:19 pm Offline
Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:55 am33Australia
hooray a non-preachy episode :o

More importantly...will kenny survive this season? :P
PostSun Nov 12, 2006 7:20 pm Offline
Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:10 pm1107Pittsburgh - Home of the Steelers :D
Ha, they mentioned "PeeWee." I bet UCONN's somewhere getting an orgasm. :wink:

I usually hate seeing episode descriptions before they air, but because I happened to be on SPS, I saw the description. Oh well. I'm not overly excited about this one (Stan episodes have lately been meh for me), but it doesn't look half-bad, either.
PostSun Nov 12, 2006 7:43 pm Offline
Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:56 pm501Indiana
I'm SUPER PSHYCED!!!!!!! I can totally relate to this! I was captain of my swim team a year ago and I taguh middle school kids later on. I never let my team down, but I can totally relate to the whole coaching thing...and the whole now job thing too right now. Well I have a job, but they cut my hours... Anyways, I'm again excited...I just hope that I won't be again dissapointed...
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
PostSun Nov 12, 2006 8:01 pm Offline
Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:28 am268
Aww, not another genre movie parody! Not as the season closer!

The movie parody eps are always my least favorite ones. I just don't dig that formula for some reason. And the worst of those are always the sports movie parody eps!

Ah, crossing my fingers. Maybe they'll break formula in some awesome way this time...
PostSun Nov 12, 2006 8:43 pm Offline
Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:14 pm646
I guess the team Stan coaches is made up of pre-schoolers so Ike might be on the team with the rest of his classmates. And it would be great to see the boys as preschoolers in their hockey uniforms and I can see Kenny being the goalie. I hope Kenny has a good role too and it looks like he might not die in this one. Kyle wil probably complain about how Stan is treating Ike. And like in the Iceman episode, they may end up in a fight thus putting their friendship in jeopardy.
PostSun Nov 12, 2006 11:18 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7971Montgomery, AL
Y'know, this is the third year in a row in which the season finale has focused on Stan. I WANT KENNY! :P

Stan has no job because the Goobacks took his jeeeeerb (the snow shoveling business) and he has no bike because he spent his bike money on that Scientology test.
PostMon Nov 13, 2006 4:36 am Offline
Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:18 am63Germany
iceiwynd wrote:
- Stan angsting = someone has to pull him out of it/help him through it? One of the boys? ... I might be going with Kyle again here, just 'cause of them being best friends and all, plus if Ike is a part of the team then it'd make plenty of sense there, too.....

I like the idea that Kyle might help him there!
I really, really want to see a Kyle- and- Stan- being- best- friends- moment in this season (like in "Follow that egg" in season 9, for example).

But unfortunately the episode- descpription sounds pretty Stan- centred, so I don´t think there will be a lot of the other boys.

Anyway, I´m looking forward to this one. It sounds like a nice boys being boys episode :).
The right to offend is far more important than the right not to be offended (Rowan Atkinson)
PostMon Nov 13, 2006 4:54 am Offline
Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:47 pm1340Binghamton, NY. It sucks
I have a feeling we won' t be seeing much of the other boys either. I'd really like it to be the four boys, just with Stan being the most predominant since it is a Stan episode, but I'm not too sure if that'll happen. It could really swing either way.

Frankly, that wouldn't upset me too much, considering this episode sounds beyond amazing and Cartman and Kyle have pretty much been the central focus for most of the season. Not alot of Kenny...well, that would suck...but it wouldn't suprise me and I guess I'm sort of used to it by now. Although I really hope he has some lines.

I have a feeling that Kyle will at least do one of two things, be in the flashback of their peewee hockey team, and/or he will go to Stan and either give him support of try to convince him out of a bad decision. Other than that I don't see a big part for him, but that's fine. I just hope we see some Kyle/Stan best friend moments. Last time I was hoping for that it sort of...um...well, definately wasn't a "best friend" moment. I'm actually hoping for some Stan/Ike interaction, we haven't seen that, but it'd be cool.

...or maybe I'm wrong, maybe it'll focus on all the boys, and that'd be best of all. ^_^

Either way, I'm super happy and REALLY anxious for this episode. Damn I wish it were Wednesday...
PostMon Nov 13, 2006 5:11 am Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
I'm almost certain Ike will be involved in some way as it is pee wee hockey and the fact that there's little (if anything) that's more Canadian then hockey.

It also says that Stan has to do it to get out of a bad situation so I'm guessing he did something. The question is what?
Stan and Kyle :)
PostMon Nov 13, 2006 8:06 am Offline
Wed May 17, 2006 11:29 am1796Officially THE Crappiest Town in Britain, Middlesbrough
This is an excellent way to round off Season 10 - with another possibly great episode and great storyline. Like everyone else, I was hoping that Stan would get a fair share of this season with his own episode, and it looks like that might happen. Don't get me wrong though, I don't want it to be ALL Stan, I still would like Kyle and Kenny to be in this too. (I don't care about Cartman, he's been an episode hog for this Season too much)

But based on the storyline, I wonder if this is going to be one of those serious w/ comedy type epsiodes where the main focus in the episode is on a serious storyline but with humor added in too. (like the episode 'Kenny Dies') I don't know, but it sounds like a very good episode idea and just like the past 6 episodes, I'm very eager to see this episode now. Shame Season 10 will be over after this though. :(
crazyQH wrote:
Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 26 389 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next