Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 8 of 26 389 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:54 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
Notice how the majority of the people here saying it sucks only have under 10 posts?
Stan and Kyle :)
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:54 pm Offline
Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:10 pm22
Jstrife3 wrote:
Quote:
Are you joking? Could it be more obvious? They are parodying how cliche and predictable these types of sports movies with the same running plot line are. The anouncer with the DJ record spewing the same stuff you hear a thousand times in movie previews for emotional feel-good stories. Like why is it that the kids life depends on whether they win or lose ,that's just ridiculous yet its a plot line used in many movies (and tying puts him in "limbo" lol). They emphasize the point by having the ending do a complete 180. A feel-good story with a feel-bad ending.

This to me was the most shocking episode, more so than Tenorman. To end it with the words "No hope" and have that kid just die...

I get your point...but the episode just didn't work, its apparent by the number of bad reviews being posted so far.

right i hear. i didnt particularly like the episode, but I definately appreciated what they tried to do.
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:55 pm Offline
Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:06 pm234Hella Land
I'm glad u liked it crazyQH its nice for someone other then me to like it. *high five*
[img:31e77]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/Southpark2007/gg.png[/img:31e77]
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:56 pm Offline
Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:03 am12
kfgg wrote:
Notice how the majority of the people here saying it sucks only have under 10 posts?

Well I loved it. Any one about Stan is allways a good one in my book :!:
Last edited by dey_turk_majurb on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:57 pm Offline
Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:32 pm6
Why did people want the ending to be different? This is South Park, not Remeber the Titans or Glory Road. Stan winning and the boy becoming better on South Park? That would make it more like crappy Disney channel shows then South Park.
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:58 pm
Come on I swear some of you are so lame that you whine about every single episode.

This was obviously partially referencing BASEketball where they had to win for the dying kid otherwise he would die.

And then they had to play the RED WINGS and so naturally they got their asses kicked and lost badly and the sick kid died.

If you can't see the morbid humor in this ep then you must be blind.

"If you don't win this kid is going to die faster than Steve Irwin in a tank full of stingrays."

And yes they mocked all of these movies where everything turns out great in the end because the team wins.

Well everything didn't turn out so great in the end.They reeled you in like a fish and made you think it would all turn out nice but instead it ended terribly and the joke was on anyone who took it seriously.

Seriously you guys come on.

This was a fun silly little ep to end the season that wasn't an intricate plot but was instead some random morbid humor and a fun way to end the season.

"HE DIED?"

Yup,season over, :lol: :lol: :lol:

I LOL'd :P
Last edited by hainted on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:58 pm Offline
Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:33 pm4
kfgg wrote:

Are you saying people who have under 10 posts hold no value? I thought everybody has their chance to post their opinion?
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:58 pm Offline
Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:17 pm203Wisconsin
kfgg wrote:

XD

I was just thinking that. I thought it was pretty good.
I loved the flashback of when Stan was little and playing hockey! :D
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:59 pm Offline
Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:56 am39
mikedh wrote:
Why did people want the ending to be different? This is South Park, not Remeber the Titans or Glory Road. Stan winning and the boy becoming better on South Park? That would make it more like crappy Disney channel shows then South Park.

The ending was predicatable, and crappy.
Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:32 pm6
hainted wrote:
This was obviously partially referencing BASEketball where they had to win for the dying kid otherwise he would die.

Actually it was refrencing "Pride of the Yankees" which BASEketball was also refrencing.
Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:00 pm268Euclid, Ohio: the least interesting place in the western hemisphere
The episode was pretty good, especially the Redwings beating the sh*t out of the kindergardners
Athena1999 wrote:
AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 9:01 pm Offline
Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:55 pm1
Alright I just joined but I've got to say I didn't think this episode was that bad. The episode may have not been the most laugh out loud funny episode, but they don't all have to be.
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 9:01 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
Jstrife3 wrote:
kfgg wrote:

Are you saying people who have under 10 posts hold no value? I thought everybody has their chance to post their opinion?

No its just that people who post here that have under 10 posts these days usually are people who make irritating and obnoxiously annoying posts and have really bad grammer or just bitch up a storm about an episode and then leave.
Stan and Kyle :)
Last edited by kfgg on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 9:02 pm Offline
Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:17 pm203Wisconsin
AssassinKenny wrote:
The episode was pretty good, especially the Redwings beating the sh*t out of the kindergardners

I LOVED that part! That was the best!

Did anyone notice that 2 of the Redwings kissed at the end? Hahaahaa... XD
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 9:03 pm Offline
Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:57 pm856Baltimore, MD
Another less than average South Park episode, I think.

I liked the beginning of it. Just watching that guy at the front tell him to get a job was classic. It started off great with that and I thought this would be one of the best episodes of the season from that point. Stan was great trying to catch up to his bike. I laughed and it reminds me of some things I've seen that I can't help but laugh at.

I also liked when the hockey team got introduced. That was good, but I think it got old after just a little. They just got kinda annoying and it just wasn't funny. The cancer jokes coming from the kid were pretty funny, too, but they also got old after a while. A lot of jokes were overused in this episode taking away from the humor of it overall.

The plot with Randy was fantastic to start, but again, it got old after a while. Watching him come up like that reminded me too much of The Losing Edge, and there were just too many similarities like that for me to think of this as a good episode. I felt like it was repetitive, so, naturally, I had to think what it was repeating losing humor points.

I loved the whole thing with the narrator. That was just great. From the moment I saw the preview before the episode aired, I knew he was gonna be a great part of it. Seriously, it was awesome seeing him talk to Stan. Stan's reaction to him was great, too. I just love the way he goes about looking at people like they're retarded.

Stan was great as a coach. Seriously, he was awesome. His reactions to some of the things people tell coaches and put coaches through was just absolutely wonderful. His reactions practically made this episode for me. There were so great and I loved it. His reactions to the Steve Irwin jokes I especially liked. I loved the way he just glared at anyone who made a Steve Irwin joke. I didn't mind the Steve Irwin jokes - once again - but I do think they overdid those, as well as some of the other jokes.

The professional game was funny at first, but they didn't need to make it go on that long. Once I've seen five kindergarteners get the sh*t beat out of them, I've seen enough, thank you. I did like the celebration after they won, though. That was great and extensive, but that was extended for humor - effectively.

The music in this was great. I love those two songs they played because they remind me of something else I love. Ah, good memories of the Ravens winning the Super Bowl in 2006. That was awesome. :B Anyway, yeah, it really did help the humor in this episode. Hearing "We Are the Champions" while all the adults skated around the kids was just brilliant. Seriously, brilliant.

I thought the ending was OK. It wasn't anything special, but it did get a little bit of a giggle out of me. I really liked the whole idea of this episode. I started laughing at the beginning; I just wasn't laughing constantly like I usually do. The parts that were funny were great, but the episode as a whole was inconsistent and less than average. Usually episodes are able to maintain humor throughout; there were definitely some dry spots in this episode.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.

Sort by  
Page 8 of 26 389 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next