Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 22 of 26 389 posts Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostSun Feb 18, 2007 8:37 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:37 pm665In a recovery program for frequent mispellers
CartmansCuzzin wrote:
I am so sick of this "upset about the kid with cancer dying" bullsh*t!

Did you at least feel bad for his or something? To die at 5? I mean that really sucks, even if the charater in question is fictional...
PostMon Feb 19, 2007 9:20 am Offline
  • YIM
Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:48 am180Irvington NJ
^Not at all and you know why son? It's the world of South Park where anything goes my friend! I was more hurt by the death of Chef and Kenny in season 5 then a little boy who was going to die if they won the hockey game or not anyway.

If that was such a huge deal to most of you so called South Park fans then I don't see how y'all still look at the show then because they've made fun of EVERYTHING & EVERYBODY! That's the whole point of the show, NOT TO GIVE A F*CK!
PostTue Feb 27, 2007 11:40 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
CartmansCuzzin wrote:
^Not at all and you know why son? It's the world of South Park where anything goes my friend! I was more hurt by the death of Chef and Kenny in season 5 then a little boy who was going to die if they won the hockey game or not anyway.

If that was such a huge deal to most of you so called South Park fans then I don't see how y'all still look at the show then because they've made fun of EVERYTHING & EVERYBODY! That's the whole point of the show, NOT TO GIVE A F*CK!

I agree about the kid with cancer as I cared not.

But:

Why the HELL is it that people like you think that if YOU like it, then EVERYBODY f*cking ELSE who DOESN'T is N-O-T a real South Park fan? Why? Should we all have the same goddamned opinion on everything in every episode of every season? Some people don't like teh idea of a five year old kid dying because at five year's old. you haven't experienced much. You haven;t had your first true kiss, you haven't fallen in love, you haven't had 99.9% of all life experiences. It is THAT, not the actual death, that makes it so damned sad.

Cartman'sCuz, you seem like a nice guy and also seem cool. And most of the anger in this post is pent-up and is generally a stab at anyone who has said things like this. You must realize, however, that for every thought you have on a subject, there are fifty more that are equally valid.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
PostTue Feb 27, 2007 11:57 pm Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
Ok..What I want to know is when and where was the meeting where it was decided that all South Park fans have to think alike, have to like everything on the show, and can never get offended by anything on the show. Did I miss it because I was drunk or something? I must have, because for some reason I am delusional enough to think that someone is in the wrong when they say that someone isn't a real South Park fan when disagreements like the one above occurs.
PostWed Feb 28, 2007 1:04 pm Offline
Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:56 pm501Indiana
^you two put it very well. Way to go!
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
PostSun Mar 25, 2007 6:52 am Offline
Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:45 pm3
Prettymuch the whole episode I had this prediction that the cancer kid would miraculously get better, walk out of the hospital, and get hit by a bus or a falling piano or something. And I would have laughed hysterically at that. But somehow him just dying of cancer is different. Makes you think maybe there's something wrong with me and half of south park's fanbase if we can laugh at kenny die in a thousand grusome ways, some kid getting tricked into eating his parents, that superman guy sucking on a fetus, and a bunch of other insane crap, but cancer for some reason strikes a chord with us. Maybe because it's closer to reality than most of the other stuff on this show?

I didn't really think this episode was that great, but I learned something today (or whenever it was this ep first came out). We can all say we believe in that "all or nothing" moral from cartoon wars, but it's easy when all the offensive stuff is directed at random stuff we can't really relate to. It takes something that hits a little closer to home to show us what overly sensitive p**** hypocrites we really are.

But wierd moral aside I still think my ending was funnier. The end.
PostWed Apr 11, 2007 7:43 pm Offline
Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:05 pm8San Antonio, TX
I've been meaning to write this earlier but haven't had time. I downloaded this episode on XBL cause it's one of my favorite episodes. I have a cousin who's 26 and has Leukemia. She called me one night when she was in the hospital and she was feeling down. I took my Xbox over there and we watched a couple movies I downloaded. I played the episode for her and she loved it!! She was laughing so hard that it brought her to tears. She even wants to show it to some of her cancer friends who might like too.

"I run with a murderous thievin' squad and none of us believe in god"
PostSat Jun 02, 2007 5:29 pm Offline
Tue May 29, 2007 11:05 am2
South park does lots of time break the line of good humor...
South park have all... An amazing joke, where you laugh half hour and sometimes something stupid (this boy with cancer, making fun of aids or religion)...
Re: dumb episode PostFri Jun 22, 2007 6:12 pm Offline
Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:07 pm16Location: Location
FJBrooks317 wrote:
There isn't one funny thing about this episode. I feel like I'm wathing a f*cking soap opera. This is supposed to be a comedy, right? Everything on new South Park is overly dramatic and gay.

Thankyou!! So true...
PostWed Jul 11, 2007 2:18 am Offline
Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:30 pm1169WEZZA
this episode wasnt the best.
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostFri Oct 12, 2007 1:23 pm Offline
Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:16 pm740
wow, im surprised people were so offended by this episode, especially when we compare it to scott tenorman must die
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostFri Oct 12, 2007 3:26 pm Offline
Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:32 pm3593Some insane asylum on the border
moonsong56 wrote:
Prettymuch the whole episode I had this prediction that the cancer kid would miraculously get better, walk out of the hospital, and get hit by a bus or a falling piano or something. And I would have laughed hysterically at that. But somehow him just dying of cancer is different. Makes you think maybe there's something wrong with me and half of south park's fanbase if we can laugh at kenny die in a thousand grusome ways, some kid getting tricked into eating his parents, that superman guy sucking on a fetus, and a bunch of other insane crap, but cancer for some reason strikes a chord with us. Maybe because it's closer to reality than most of the other stuff on this show?

I didn't really think this episode was that great, but I learned something today (or whenever it was this ep first came out). We can all say we believe in that "all or nothing" moral from cartoon wars, but it's easy when all the offensive stuff is directed at random stuff we can't really relate to. It takes something that hits a little closer to home to show us what overly sensitive p**** hypocrites we really are.

We only feel like overly sensitive hypocrites if most of the people related to the situation take offense. If they brushed it off as a typical SP joke, then we would feel a lot easier laughing at it. People with TS could've taken serious offense to Le Petit Tourette if they felt that it was offensive, and if the majority of them posted here saying that they did, then that would reflect on how the rest of us would have viewed the episode. In this case, the overwhelming majority of the people relating to the situation chose to get emotional about it, and I understand that it's not something that they can really help. Still, it does provide some relief that there are some cancer sufferers and loved ones of cancer sufferers that got a kick out of this episode rather than letting it bog them down.
This is this cat
This is is cat
This is how cat
This is to cat
This is keep cat
This is a cat
This is dumbass cat
This is busy cat
This is for cat
This is forty cat
This is seconds cat

Now go back and read the THIRD word from each line.
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostMon Oct 15, 2007 1:41 pm Offline
Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:54 pm57You'll figure it out...
I liked this episode...ya
Yosh! Life is good cause I want it that way.
Re: PostTue Apr 01, 2008 4:01 pm Offline
Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:12 am24Italy
nutmeg218 wrote:
I t was a good episode, untill the very end. That was a horrible ending! They don't make the kids get beat up like that!!!! Poor Nelson!!!!! I thought this was going to be an awesome peisode untill the final game!!! :? I'm probabaly going to have nightmares of those kids being beat up like that.

I ve recently reviewed Season 10 and this episode I am quite sure it's about child abuse.
Re: PostTue Apr 01, 2008 4:17 pm Offline
Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:12 am24Italy
moonsong56 wrote:

a LOT of time has passed, this episode still strikes a chord but it's not about making funny things or laughing at something; indeed I really believe the cancer is a metaphor of child abuse and the final "no hope" line resounds the desperation of children let alone and confronted with indifference. There is something in the Red Wings' coach father-son relation that rings an alarm bell; this is one of the most confrontational episode of SP in the last three years

Sort by  
Page 22 of 26 389 posts Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next