Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 23 of 26 389 posts Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostFri May 16, 2008 8:57 pm Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:37 pm41
Decent episode until the end. I was expecting the Red Wings to let the kids win the game, not for them to kick the crap out of a bunch of pee-wee players and then act like they accomplished something at the end of the game. Sometimes you guys are really sick.
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostThu Sep 25, 2008 12:42 am Offline
Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:07 pm1
LOL, that episode was so funny! And that guy that talks like in the movie previews, i thought he was going to get punched in the face! :lol:
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostFri Sep 26, 2008 4:01 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
I didn't like this episode at all, Too sad to be honest. But the guy with the record player was funny.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostThu Jan 22, 2009 11:00 am Offline
Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:52 am1
yaa dude thats episode is so not cool infact horrible didnt expect that from theese guys especially when its season finale.......
this episode sucks ass
not funny at all
and on the top of that no eric cartman
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostTue Feb 17, 2009 3:32 am Offline
Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:40 pm17
this episode was sick...i have a bad feeling now,after i watched it :cry:

the ending made me sad :(,and how the kids we're beaten up

this is the most controversial SP episode untill now...

at the end of season 10,except this and AMLF,i loved all the episodes,so it' the best season yet

up top season 11 now :)
just a random romanian guy :)
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostWed Mar 11, 2009 8:28 pm Offline
Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:49 pm13
ok i didnt read any of the other posts previous but... I'm sure the most of you found the ending a bit... disturbing.
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostTue Mar 24, 2009 11:52 pm Offline
Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:42 pm1
I'm 99% sure this is a spoof of The Mighty Ducks Trilogy and other similar sports dramas. The idea here is that basically every sports movie has the protagonist's team be the underdog that eventually triumphs over their opponents after "a lot of emotional changes", no matter what the odds. What Trey and Matt did was make those odds laughably impossible in order to prove this point.

"I hate you coach...I hate you" ~Beaten up little kid

:lol:
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostSun Mar 29, 2009 9:09 pm Offline
Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:01 pm1
dude seriously? why did that kid die? Does anyone think it's funny when someone dies of leukemia? my mom died of it 3 months ago and trust me it's NOT funny. I love this show but I hate this episode. And I just want to know why that was added!
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostThu Apr 16, 2009 3:02 am Offline
Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:29 am2
well, i don't think the ending was supposed to be funny at all. i think this episode's really all about the message "it's not like in the movies". it's a spoof of all that ridiculously happy ending b-movie bullsh*t (word to fakeL), in which some everyday normal guy turns into a hero and proves, that you can achieve everything in the world, if you just stand up and fight for it. that there is justice.
but in fact, there is not. and i do not think i would have liked the episode if the cancer kid would have been miraculously healed. that just ain't how reality rolls, you know.
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostThu Apr 16, 2009 3:14 am Offline
Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:29 am2
Muck11111111111 wrote:
dude seriously? why did that kid die? Does anyone think it's funny when someone dies of leukemia? my mom died of it 3 months ago and trust me it's NOT funny. I love this show but I hate this episode. And I just want to know why that was added!
i knew several people who died of cancer myself, so my sincere condolences to you, man.
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostThu Apr 16, 2009 5:11 pm Offline
Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:18 pm70Hilton NY
Nah guys, the ending was hilarious.
Favorite Character: Jimmy
Favorite Episode: Krazy Kripples
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostSat May 09, 2009 7:52 am Offline
Thu May 07, 2009 4:33 pm17
I like the tie game music and action on the ice. South park versus denver. The player action out on the ice is hilarious. The music excellent. :unhoodedkenny:
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostSun May 10, 2009 12:14 pm Offline
Sun May 10, 2009 12:08 pm1
Mmm. I've been watching from season 13 all the way to here, and I can't really say I liked this episode. I laughed when the professional team just ruined the 5 year olds, but I didn't think the cancer bit was terribly funny.

No, I don't agree with the "everything is ok, or nothing is" philosophy either, clearly.

I think Cartman acting like a Nazi is funny, I think making fun of all different races and cultures is funny, but... there's something about a 5 year old dying to cancer that doesn't tickle my funny bone.

Go figure, maybe I'm screwy in the head?

( Otherwise the episode was pretty good! )
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostSat May 16, 2009 3:40 pm Offline
Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:28 am4
i think this episode (as well as being funny) demonstrates unfair situations people are placed in:

I know the child was dying of cancer, but the child placed a huge amount of pressure on stan asking him to win the match so that he would live. how f***ed up is that? and also, what were the parents doing forcing him to sort the situation out that they should have had the responsibility to face themselves? 'i'm his father, but you're his coach...your like a father to him!' :)

if i was dying of cancer at that age, and i asked some 8 year old to win a match for me or else i would die of cancer, my parents would sort me out and say, 'you know, whether the match is won or lost that will have no effect on whether you are going to survive or not'. you'd have to be pretty psychologically imbalanced to let something like that kill you.

i think the professional team savaging the pee-wee team is just another point altogether on how unfairly people can be treated. it's totally ludicrous that what's happens to the kids team happens, and yet the professional team think they are heroes. i think it made a good point.

from the person who impounds his bike, to the kid dying of cancer, to the child's parents, to the Red Wings - the idea of fairness seems alien to everyone except stan.
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostSat Jul 11, 2009 9:52 am Offline
Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:08 am38
Wow, that bummed me out.
Was like willzyx all over again. Except willzyx was still a tad funny, while this was just disturbing.

South park's grim endings are still awesome.Sure most of you probably hate it, and i did aswell, but everything goes.

Sort by  
Page 23 of 26 389 posts Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next