Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 7 of 26 389 posts Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:44 pm Offline
Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:06 pm91
This season, best to worst.

GOOD
Make Love, not Warcraft
Hell on earth 2006
Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy
Go God Go, Part 1

BAD
Go God Go, Part 2
Mystery of the Urinal deuce
Stanley's Cup
Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:32 pm1
I think that may have been THE single worst episode of South Park I have ever seen. And I have seen them all several times. What is with the slow deterioration of quality in the last two seasons? I almost wish the show would take a hiatus for a while (even if a year or two) to gain some new, quality material to make us laugh. A few good (not even great) episodes per season just doesn't seem worth it to me...
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
I think we're gonna get a LOT of frickin' hatin' on this episode. Even more than we've had already. But I think taking a nice sweet story and then just totally screwing with it in the end is extremely funny.

That was very much like how they ended Here Comes the Neighborhood. A big "screw you, TV viewer!"
You read it! You can't unread it!
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:47 pm Offline
Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:56 am39
FJBrooks317 wrote:
kfgg wrote:
For anybody that thinks its bad obviously doesn't have that sense South Park humor anymore

HAHAHAH!!!!! Best comment of the night! If you can't see how South Park has changed the last 4 seasons, you are blind. The past seasons are NOTHING like the old South Park humor. I will argue that all night.

but this episodes humor was crappy, and had no humor like the other season 10 episodes
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:47 pm Offline
Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:10 pm22
Jstrife3 wrote:
I sat through this entire episode and did not laugh ONCE. I was trying to figure out what the point of the whole episode really was...they already did a (parents)->(kids in sports) episode in "The Losing Edge". I don't think they ran out of ideas that is for sure, the creators are brilliant when it comes to just about any topic they can imagine or topics in the news. Overall I'm just disappointed with this episode :( But I'm still looking forward to season 11!

Are you joking? Could it be more obvious? They are parodying how cliche and predictable these types of sports movies with the same running plot line are. The anouncer with the DJ record spewing the same stuff you hear a thousand times in movie previews for emotional feel-good stories. Like why is it that the kids life depends on whether they win or lose ,that's just ridiculous yet its a plot line used in many movies (and tying puts him in "limbo" lol). They emphasize the point by having the ending do a complete 180. A feel-good story with a feel-bad ending.

This to me was the most shocking episode, more so than Tenorman. To end it with the words "No hope" and have that kid just die...
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:49 pm Offline
Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:17 pm203Wisconsin
kfgg wrote:
For anybody that thinks its bad obviously doesn't have that sense South Park humor anymore

This was classic South Park and among the best of this half season.

Stanley's Cup
Miss Teacher Bangs A Boy
Make Love Not Warcraft
Hell On Earth 2006
Go God Go Part 1
in that order were IMO were the good ones of this half season.

Mystery Of The Urinal Deuce
Go God Go Part II
stunk.

I think:

Make Love Not Warcraft
Mystery Of The Urinal Deuce
Miss Teacher Bangs A Boy
Stanley's Cup
Hell On Earth 2006

The Go God Go ones weren't that great...
But I thought Mystery Of The Urinal Deuce was great.
Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:32 pm6
I thought that was the best episode of the season. The ending was so funny.
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
Am I the only one that didn't have a single problem with this episode?

It was sad the way it ended with the kindergardeners getting beaten and losing, the kid with cancer dying and Stan being completely screwed over.

But they always seem to add something (like Detroit celebrating) to make up for it.

Another example of this was Mystery Of The Urinal Deuce. It was awful awful awful but Mr. Mackey's antics brought out some laughs.
Stan and Kyle :)
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:50 pm Offline
Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:34 pm2
horrible horrible, disappointing...
Get on dateline to catch a predator.
or many many other things.
Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:06 pm234Hella Land
what is with all the negativity guys? I personaly was grinning the whole episode. I watched it with my 10 year old sister.(Your thinking shes too young, I started watching when i was 6, now thats commetmet XD) But I found it funny and soo cute, I loved it, but I must admit I was dissapointed with the horror ending. I did not like it ending with the cancer kid just dieing like that but other then That it was funny the annoicer guy was funny I liked how he magicaly appeared from behind the door.
[img:31e77]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/Southpark2007/gg.png[/img:31e77]
Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:32 pm6
If you thought the last part was bad maybe you would be more comfrotable watching the cliched sports movies that it was parodying
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:51 pm Offline
Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:47 pm1340Binghamton, NY. It sucks
Wow, I loved this, I'm suprised more people didn't! :D Seriously, I laughed my ass off through pretty much the whole thing, and they took the typical sports movie plot and really f*cked it up in the end. Although the ending was somewhat sad for the kid and the players who were getting their ass beat, (OMG Poor Ike!), I couldn't help but laugh.

I loved the ending, it's like you're expecting something good to happen for the team but then you realize that they are indeed gonna have the sh*t beat out of them.

Nice to see Kyle make a cameo apperance although he didn't have much of a part. Glad he was there to give advice to Stan. Jeesh maybe his mom was right, hockey is too dangerous for Ike!

And, what did you think about the Steve Irwin remarks? As soon as I heard those I gasped...that's going to piss some people off for sure.

Also, I was expecting this to be pretty angsty for Stan, I was expecting him to be all depressed about his past and everything, but go figure that Matt and Trey would make it so he didn't even really remember. That's ok though, I'm glad there wasn't really any angst, as I enjoyed the humor element in this so much so. I guess the whole "Nelson has cancer" thing was sad, but still, I found that more funny than anything else. (I know that's terrible. XD) Randy was f*cking hilarious in this, as I figured he would be.

So, in my opinion, this was an exceptional way to end an AMAZING season. Great job Matt and Trey, you've done well, I can't wait for season 11! ^____________^

Ps. So this marks it, Kenny didn't die!!! It sucks he wasn't in it, but I thought this was amazing none-the-less.
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:52 pm Offline
Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:33 pm4
Quote:
Are you joking? Could it be more obvious? They are parodying how cliche and predictable these types of sports movies with the same running plot line are. The anouncer with the DJ record spewing the same stuff you hear a thousand times in movie previews for emotional feel-good stories. Like why is it that the kids life depends on whether they win or lose ,that's just ridiculous yet its a plot line used in many movies (and tying puts him in "limbo" lol). They emphasize the point by having the ending do a complete 180. A feel-good story with a feel-bad ending.

This to me was the most shocking episode, more so than Tenorman. To end it with the words "No hope" and have that kid just die...

I get your point...but the episode just didn't work, its apparent by the number of bad reviews being posted so far.
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:53 pm Offline
Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:10 pm22
mikedh wrote:
If you thought the last part was bad maybe you would be more comfrotable watching the cliched sports movies that it was parodying

exactly
PostWed Nov 15, 2006 8:53 pm Offline
Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:56 am39
The creators knew this episode was so bad that they had to throw two not one!!! Steven Irwin jokes in it.

Sort by  
Page 7 of 26 389 posts Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next