Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 2 of 2 30 posts Previous  1, 2
PostFri Sep 28, 2007 7:04 pm Offline
Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:16 pm141Northern California
Out of the two episodes, I prefer the Stanley's Cup. ManBearPig was alright, but I didn't laugh throughout the entire episode. I did laugh a few times throughout Stanley's Cup, and I loved the ending.
"Six words Lisa, 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn.'" Homer Simpson

"How do you speak my language?" Adam West

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks
Re: Stanley's cup or manbearpig? Witch episode that you'd hate PostFri Feb 15, 2008 10:58 pm Offline
Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:29 pm1
i didn't like stanley's cup..i found it really depressing there was hardly any humor.

manbearpig was hilarious though. loved gores accent/slanf/dialect (his lisp thing and the fact he says "cereal" instead of serious.)
Re: Stanley's cup or manbearpig? Witch episode that you'd hate PostSat Feb 16, 2008 5:44 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm4262http://www.southparkstudios.com
Why does the whole fan community hate these two episodes? Manbearpig was immense, especially with Gore's Nobel Prize now in the trophy cabinet. Stanly's cup is WAY better if you've watched Basketball but, it's still one of the worst episodes since Jackovasawrus.

So i agree with the above!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Re: Stanley's cup or manbearpig? Witch episode that you'd hate PostSat Feb 16, 2008 11:14 pm Offline
Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:57 pm1018Earth definetly... most likely somewhere on land
Manbearpig was the bee's knees It's probably my second favorite episode and for some reason I can watch it like three times in a row and it never gets old.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
Re: Stanley's cup or manbearpig? Witch episode that you'd hate PostSun Feb 17, 2008 1:11 pm Offline
  • YIM
Why do people hate Manbearpig, except for their rampant Gore love?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Re: Stanley's cup or manbearpig? Witch episode that you'd hate PostSun Feb 17, 2008 7:24 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
I didn't like Manbearpig much, although I did like the reintroduction of the concept in Imaginationland. I'm not a fan of Al Gore, but I don't hate him either. Also, I find Trey's arrogant stance in dismissing global warming annoying. While I don't know enough about the subject to take a hard stance, I think it may be plausible that we're harming our own environment and it could potentially have devastating consequences. That's what Trey is calling "manbearpig" and I think it's stupid.

I appreciated Stanley's Cup in the sense that it turned the typical feel-good sports movie on its head in an over the top way. If you take it literally, it's sick and depraved with the little kids getting mauled on the rink and the other kid dying of cancer, but in the sense that it's satire (and a cartoon) I thought it was pretty funny.
Re: Stanley's cup or manbearpig? Witch episode that you'd hate PostSun Feb 17, 2008 8:18 pm Offline
  • YIM
I don't think trey was dismissing Global Warming, more Al Gore's sensationalised view of it, which is making a Godzilla monster out of your avarage giant lizzard monster. Some scientists make the death of the world sound imminent (i heard in new scientist, which is a little more reliable than Wiki but only a little sadly) that scientists "sex uo" global warming data all the time to make it a better story, and the news media that reports on it sexes it up even more. It is a HUGE problem, probably the seccond biggest in the world, but it's not quite as HUGE as gore says nor is it going to go away by using energ saving bulbs and turning your TV off on standby and recycling. Gore is an arragant fool, and that's what Matt and Trey were digging at. I think.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Re: Stanley's cup or manbearpig? Witch episode that you'd hate PostThu Apr 10, 2008 8:09 pm Offline
Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:23 pm7
Manbear pig is the man. That was one of the best episodes ever. "Excellsior"
Re: Stanley's cup or manbearpig? Witch episode that you'd hate PostSat Nov 08, 2008 10:24 pm Offline
Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:32 am336Hell
This is not a blooper, take your bullsh*t somewhere else in Gen, SP discussion.
Solitude and Sin, Calm my nerves with Gin. Sleep, wake up and do it all again.
Re: Stanley's cup or manbearpig? Witch episode that you'd ha PostMon Jul 12, 2010 7:37 pm Offline
Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:55 pm5
stanley's cup was boring :? ! manbearpig was AWESOME!! :lol:
Re: Stanley's cup or manbearpig? Witch episode that you'd ha PostThu Jul 15, 2010 3:24 pm Offline
Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:24 pm6
i like manbearpig, because cartman at the end crapping out the fake treasure, was hilarious
Re: Stanley's cup or manbearpig? Witch episode that you'd ha PostThu Jul 15, 2010 5:54 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I love them both so so much. Just because one of the main boys is missing from an episode doesn't mean it automatically sucks balls. So Cartman wasn't in Stanley's Cup, so??? The show isn't just about Eric Cartman as much as fans like to pretend it is. The episode was great, had a great story, was funny, and had a very sad ending. Not every moment has to have you ROTFL. SP can have sweet, sad moments. Kenny Dies is sadder than this episode.

And there isn't anything wrong with Manbearpig. That episode was friggin' hilarious!!

To make a thread about two random episodes you hate?? Pretty unnecessary.. :?
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: PostFri Jul 16, 2010 2:05 pm Offline
Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:03 pm574
kylelover52610 wrote:
See, I don't get it. I enjoyed both episodes, can someone explain to me why they did'nt like them? :shock:
I won't like flip out on you, I am just curious.

the most annoying thing about this ep was the repetitive joke "Stanley's just a 4th grader,he's got a hoe for a gf and mustache-retarded dad...BUT he's gonna find out that life won't be the same ever again...after he meets Hannah Montana".
Plus,it seemed that they were trying too hard to maintain the funny jokes but also bring some drama.To me it just became weird.
Who wants a super delish candy with a superextracalifragilistic rapeinduhass?
Re: Stanley's cup or manbearpig? Witch episode that you'd ha PostFri Jul 16, 2010 3:14 pm Offline
Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:38 pm1199Candy Island
Stanley's cup was the dullest episode I have ever seen from season ten. It was a disappointment that Kyle only appear one side to help Stan with the whole hockey fiasco, and Cartman wasn't on there at all (A shocker to me at least), I'm not saying it was the worst episode or anything, it's most likely above average like 'Go God Go' II. As for ManBearPig, that was one of the funniest episode ever :lol: Cartman eating treasure then crap out of his ass was priceless and let's not forget Al Gore's humorous quote: 'I'm being super, super cereal' :mrgreen:
Re: Stanley's cup or manbearpig? Witch episode that you'd ha PostTue Jul 19, 2011 8:35 pm Offline
Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:20 pm1
I loved both of them sooooo...... suck my d*ck

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 2 of 2 30 posts Previous  1, 2