Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 27 of 32 477 posts Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next
Author Message
PostFri Mar 16, 2007 9:53 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:18 am18
errrr, sorry but can we get back on topic, im bored shitless with this 20page debate on gayness and religion. i personally loved this episode. cartman was naive and dumb again like the old days,kenny had a line. cartman calling stan and kenny jews then gettin punched in the arm was priceless. the ending was magnificent, it was reminiscent of the awesome-o episode a few seasons back. i wish though that kyle and stan would play along a little more with cartman rather than just instantly dismiss his plans and stuff. it seems that they have like zero dialogue any more where they arent arguing or calling his plans stupid. season 11 is off to a flyer and im keeping my fingers crossed for another episode focused on the 4 boys next week.
ps. i think its time kenny took his hood off....i mean permanantly and develop him into a character if he doesnt he will forever be a prop.
Im not weird, i love drinking, gambling and beating up old people just as much as everybody else.
PostFri Mar 16, 2007 10:45 am Offline
  • Profile
Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:12 pm30
plk12345 wrote:
The truth is that what two consenting adults do in private has no affect on us, except of course for the widespread of aids over the past decade


Oh well that's easy to fix. Use a condom! Everyone can relax now, and stop WORRYING ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE DO IN THEIR BEDROOMS.

plk12345 wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=33-_9nOX8KM
there that is what you want our kids to see every day. its child abuse


HAHAHAHA, that was one of the funniest videos I've ever seen! Good for them.

Edit : Sorry dryer than a nun, I didn't see your post before you posted.

Yes the episode was great wasn't it? :D
PostFri Mar 16, 2007 11:59 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
dryer_than_a_nuns_c*nt wrote:
errrr, sorry but can we get back on topic, I'm bored shitless with this 20page debate on gayness and religion.

Alrighty, any religious/homosexual argument concerning this episode should move to a new thread. Any further debate about it below this post will be deleted.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
PostFri Mar 16, 2007 12:58 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:56 pm501Indiana
dryer_than_a_nuns_c*nt wrote:
ps. i think its time kenny took his hood off....i mean permanantly and develop him into a character if he doesnt he will forever be a prop.


I agree. I'm not sure Kenny is good for much with his hood on. Maybe he shouldn't have it off permanantly, but every once in a while won't hurt his character.
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
PostFri Mar 16, 2007 1:01 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:12 pm30
ugogo_uswimswim wrote:
dryer_than_a_nuns_c*nt wrote:
ps. i think its time kenny took his hood off....i mean permanantly and develop him into a character if he doesnt he will forever be a prop.


I agree. I'm not sure Kenny is good for much with his hood on. Maybe he shouldn't have it off permanantly, but every once in a while won't hurt his character.


Triple agreed. He can't become a character until he takes that hood off and starts acting like a character. Anyone else slightly disturbed by the fact that they're always hanging out with a boy who doesn't speak? Because he'll be there, not speaking, for episodes at a time.
PostFri Mar 16, 2007 1:23 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:24 pm2965Alberta, Canada
Oh, we're on Kenny now? I just had this discussion last night...

There's nothing wrong with dehooding Kenny every now and then. But permanently? Hell no. Kenny was a character, a real character, before, in the earlier seasons of the show, WITH his hood on. I don't see why a ten-year-old character design should be compensated just because the two guys running the show don't seem to be assed to actually use him more frequently. You can understand him with his hood on. He can still do things with his hood on. There's no good reason for it to go.

Besides, what if it does go? That doesn't guarantee that Matt and Trey are going to pay attention to the character. Then you still have what is now a background character, only he's lost his trademark look. Double-lose.

I'm sure there are other ways to actually bring his character back to life. Mostly by actually using him. People are always acting like his hood has to be removed in order for that to happen and... it doesn't. o_O
PostFri Mar 16, 2007 1:43 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:27 am1594OHIO
Spacefille wrote:
ugogo_uswimswim wrote:
dryer_than_a_nuns_c*nt wrote:
ps. i think its time kenny took his hood off....i mean permanantly and develop him into a character if he doesnt he will forever be a prop.


I agree. I'm not sure Kenny is good for much with his hood on. Maybe he shouldn't have it off permanantly, but every once in a while won't hurt his character.


Triple agreed. He can't become a character until he takes that hood off and starts acting like a character. Anyone else slightly disturbed by the fact that they're always hanging out with a boy who doesn't speak? Because he'll be there, not speaking, for episodes at a time.


Disagreed. I pretty much agree with everything iceiwynd said. Kenny doesn't have to take his hood off to be a good character. He was a great character in the earlier seasons. He's just been getting ignored lately(starting around season 9).

And he doesn't have to die in every episode either. Look at seasons 7 and 8. He still got some pretty decent roles in those episodes.

As for the new episode, I thought it was pretty good. I was expecting it to be a little better, though. So I was mildly disapointed.
PostFri Mar 16, 2007 1:50 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:06 am555Brighton, UK
I skipped the last (about) 20 pages, so...

But anyway. Just liked to say that I loved how Cartman was just being stupid and retarded instead of an evil genious like he tends to be nowadays, too often. And also, it always cracks me up when Butters sings by himself. Especially the high notes :cartmanlaugh:
PostFri Mar 16, 2007 2:00 pm OfflineSite Admin
  • Profile
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
PostFri Mar 16, 2007 2:08 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:18 am18
iceiwynd wrote:
Oh, we're on Kenny now? I just had this discussion last night...

There's nothing wrong with dehooding Kenny every now and then. But permanently? Hell no. Kenny was a character, a real character, before, in the earlier seasons of the show, WITH his hood on. I don't see why a ten-year-old character design should be compensated just because the two guys running the show don't seem to be assed to actually use him more frequently. You can understand him with his hood on. He can still do things with his hood on. There's no good reason for it to go.

Besides, what if it does go? That doesn't guarantee that Matt and Trey are going to pay attention to the character. Then you still have what is now a background character, only he's lost his trademark look. Double-lose.

I'm sure there are other ways to actually bring his character back to life. Mostly by actually using him. People are always acting like his hood has to be removed in order for that to happen and... it doesn't. o_O


yeah i understand what you are saying. maybe kenny just needs to interact with someone other than stan, kyle and cartman. i mean even in the movie when he watched all that was happening with saddam and satan he never really interacted with anybody other than the other 3 boys. and im sure ive never seen Butters and Kenny talk to one another EVER. Maybe Kenny could hang out with Clyde, Token or Craig for a couple episodes and see if it produces anything funny. One more thing, Cartmans voice sounds slightly more like his old voice to me (which is awesome)or maybe thats just because hes been shouting a lot.

Edit* i think the fact that Kenny HAS a hood makes it easier for Matt n Trey to ignore him. without his hood it would look silly if he was always silent. itd be like an entire episode with stan being there and not saying anything. NEW EPISODE-Kenny gets new clothes lol
Im not weird, i love drinking, gambling and beating up old people just as much as everybody else.
PostFri Mar 16, 2007 2:26 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:40 pm78in the ether
One thing that bugged me about Cartman Sucks was how easily Cartman gave up trying to get the picture away from Kyle. Personally, I wouldn't have expected him to involve his mother at all, since that would involve telling her about the picture (and of course he did) - I assumed he would go to Kyle's house during the night and try to find it there. I can just picture him rummaging through all Kyle's stuff, much as he did with Butters' stuff in AWESOME-O when he was looking for the tape. Of course, Kyle and co. would be sleeping in the house, making it more difficult for Cartman - but he's CARTMAN, for god's sake, he can do any (twisted) thing he puts his mind to! Just knock 'em out or something - much like Kyle, Stan and Kenny knocked out Cartman himself when they visited HIM during the night and turned him into a Ginger. Seriously, why'd he give up so easily? This kind of ....well....*impotence* on his part is something that I might've accepted in an early episode, but now that Cartman's become an evil genius, it jars me to see him act that helpless.
PostFri Mar 16, 2007 2:41 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:36 pm1539Norwich, UK.
Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:
ugogo_uswimswim wrote:
albino.black.sheep wrote:
Well, as an artist, shouldn't you know better than to repress urges?


Huh? Know better? Is it a rule that all artists have to embrace these things? I didn't think there were any restricitons to what artists want to do.


I think Albino.Black.Sheep is just giving you the same argument you gave her only in reverse. You say homo-sexuals should fight their urges and be strait, and she's saying you should not fight urges...

well at any rate- I don't think it's a matter of *should* or *should not* because I really think it's unimportant. Do what feels right for you- but don't assume it's what is really *right* just because it's what you've been taught.


At any rate I wouldn't pressure straits to be gay even if they pressure us to be strait, it's just too invasive and frankly I don't really care what set of genitals a woman hooks up with as long as she doesn't assume it's morally superior.


Thanks Rebecca_Cutswald, I didn't have to bother posting a reply for that one. I think I love you :wink: Let's make out for all the homophobes.
Email notifications do matter, people.
PostFri Mar 16, 2007 3:55 pm Offline
  • YIM
  • Profile
Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:07 pm955Willy Dribble!!!
Yes- I love you too. Be my accountabilabuddy! (<---sp?)
Image
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
PostFri Mar 16, 2007 3:58 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:36 pm1539Norwich, UK.
Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:
Yes- I love you too. Be my accountabilabuddy! (<---sp?)


Absolutely. I'm gonna hold you accountabilabuddyable for my actions.
Email notifications do matter, people.
PostFri Mar 16, 2007 4:27 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:06 pm42
Quote:
And also, it always cracks me up when Butters sings by himself.
Especially the high notes :cartmanlaugh:

Cracks me too. He sounds so funny and amusing when he tries to sing his favorite songs.
Love you Butters; so innocently hilarious!
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 27 of 32 477 posts Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X