Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 32 477 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 32  Next
PostTue Mar 13, 2007 8:10 pm Offline
Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:06 pm172
A question

I have alot of friends in real life and on the internet who loves Butters. Why does it seem alot of people posting in this thread absolutly hate Butters?

Honestly he one of the most original and entertaining characters on South Park. I sense that is because the vast majority of people who hate him, only hate him because he is "taking other characters" Kenny fans think he stole Kenny's role.

I am going to be honest with you guys, Kenny was better off dead permenantly back in the 6th season. He has been a prop for over 10 years, he will always remain a prop. Kenny will never emerge and have the large plot and speaking roles like Butters.

M&T have said several times that Butters is one of their top 3 favorite characters and most of their favorite episodes are episodes which he has a major role in. I will not be surprised to see him emerge again this season with at least 3 major/starring episodes. There is so much you can do with him and the vast majority of people who love and watch South Park love him...especially when he is paired with Cartman.

PS: Butters has very few major roles in the 10th season, and he has less in season 9 then he did in 8. So do not act like he been overused alot recently. This is his first major role since "Hell on Earth 2006".
--------------------

Thrawny
PostTue Mar 13, 2007 8:50 pm Offline
Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:57 pm856Baltimore, MD
Yay! More MOOn debates! Fun, fun, fun, fun. It's always good to know that some things never change.

And about the episode; Can't wait. I'm in love with Cartman/Butters episodes. Especially when Cartman tricks Butters into doing something. I hope that is the case. I'm trying not to look too much into this because I don't wanna spoil the episode for myself, but Cartman/Butters episodes are the greatest. Less than a day left.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
PostTue Mar 13, 2007 8:54 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7971Montgomery, AL
I don't hate Butters; I like him, I just feel he's kinda worn out. As for Kenny, I agree that he should've been left dead for the simple fact that he's been a prop eversince he returned. However, he was not entirely a prop before he died. He did some stuff in the older episodes aside from getting killed. He had a personality, a family, a house, stuff that we rarely see anymore. He rarely even speaks now. I miss how he used to make sick comments here and there, something he could get away with since his voice was muffled (although now that the censors are more lenient with Matt and Trey, I guess they no longer need Kenny for those vulgarities; still, the mystery of what he was saying made it funnier coming from him than from Cartman or any other character).

Also, it's not as if Kenny was incapable of having a starring role in the plot of an episode. He had major roles in several episodes such as Pinkeye, Starvin' Marvin, Chickenpox, Merry Christmas Charlie Manson, Rainforest Shmainforest, Tweek vs. Craig (the whole shop class thing), South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, Jewbilee, Quintuplets 2000, Cartman Joins NAMBLA, Fat Camp, How to Eat With Your Butt, Kenny Dies, A Ladder to Heaven, The Biggest Douche in the Universe, and Best Friends Forever. Hell, in two of those episodes, he was dead the entire time and he still managed to have a major role, and his personality shone through Cartman in both of those episodes as well as the two episodes in between. That's the Kenny I liked and that's the Kenny I miss. If Kenny's going to be alive, I'd like him to be like that again; otherwise, he's better off dead.
PostTue Mar 13, 2007 8:59 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
By this time tomorrow, all doubts about Cartman's homosexuality will be removed. We should've seen this coming. Cartman's been eyeing up Butters' dong since "Proper Condom Use". This caps a long gay streak from Cartman:

Getting anal probed by aliens
Shoving things up his ass in Cartman's Silly Hate Crime
Joining NAMBLA
Murmurring in his sleep about his Uncle Jesse molesting him
As mention, checking out Butters' junk while he put on a condom
Getting those free seamen from that guy Ralph in an alley
The way he enjoyed his rectal exam in Cancelled
Making out with a Justin Timberlake cutout
Offering to perform oral on Mel Gibson

I think tomorrow will remove any lingering remnants of heterosexuality. Cartman is Gay!
You read it! You can't unread it!
PostTue Mar 13, 2007 9:08 pm Offline
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that Cartman was gay. In fact, I did a fanfic last summer in which Cartman wanted to get a sex change. (OSNAP, SHAMELESS PLUG!)

Less than 24 hours, w00t!
PostTue Mar 13, 2007 9:15 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
triplemultiplex wrote:

I always thought he was talking about Uncle Jesse from Full House. Seriously.
PostTue Mar 13, 2007 9:43 pm Offline
Yeah, most likely, that's who he was talking about.
PostTue Mar 13, 2007 10:33 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
So? He still said it. :lol: If Cartman said that he bent down on his knees and took it in the ass like he was Brokeback Mountaineer, it would count even if it was a joke. Besides, if we want to say Cartman is not gay after all of the evidence, then saying Stan is gay makes no sense at ALL, and anyone who suggests it is an idiot.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
PostTue Mar 13, 2007 10:36 pm Offline
Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:40 pm78in the ether
triplemultiplex wrote:
This caps a long gay streak from Cartman:

Joining NAMBLA

Don't forget the time in Go God Go where he offered to suck Kyle's balls. Might as well make the list comprehensive :)
Anyone else got another one I forgot?
PostWed Mar 14, 2007 12:37 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Grizim wrote:
Butters was absolutely hillarious when he started out on South Park. Two Guys Naked In A Hot Tub was an amazing episode. And, throughout the fourth season, Butters's humor was still powerful. But now, with the high-pitched annoying voice and the exessive sweetness, I'm sorry but I think I'd prefer Pip. Butters actually reminds me of my own insecurities of what I was like as a kid and that makes it worse.

Aww, sorry to hear that. After a few seconds of thought, I still choose Butters.

Grizim wrote:
Meanwhile, Kenny's out completely while Butters gets all of these episodes to himself. It's bullsh*t, because Kenny's a f*cki][/i]ucking legend.

I bet Matt got tired of people trying to guess what Kenny was saying, or maybe he didn't want to speak into his shirt sleeve or fist anymore.

And we're not locking admin threads. If anything, we'll clean them up.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
PostWed Mar 14, 2007 5:28 am Offline
Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:36 pm1539Norwich, UK.
ushankasrockmysocks wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:
This caps a long gay streak from Cartman:

Joining NAMBLA

Don't forget the time in Go God Go where he offered to suck Kyle's balls. Might as well make the list comprehensive :)
Anyone else got another one I forgot?

Plus, he used to keep saying, "I love you guys".
Email notifications do matter, people.
PostWed Mar 14, 2007 6:59 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
"...Enh, screw you guys".

(T-12 hours by the way.)
PostWed Mar 14, 2007 7:05 am Offline
Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:18 am18
plus in the south park is gay episode, he told clyde and his group that his group was way gayer than clydes group. and in the christian rock episode he wanted Jesus inside him and to spread salvation all over his face.
Im not weird, i love drinking, gambling and beating up old people just as much as everybody else.
PostWed Mar 14, 2007 9:11 am Offline
  • YIM
Tue May 25, 2004 10:21 pm11556El Paso, TX (BeanerTown, USA)
In regards to the whole Butters debate:

I think he's a good, versatile character because his innocence is so out of place in South Park. You can do a lot with Butters because of this, and also that little dark streak he has called Professor Chaos. However, I tend to agree that his usefullness as a main character is wearing out.

South Park DEFINITELY needs some new characters. 10th Season introduced virtually no recurring characters, and I think it would refresh the series if somebody new came along.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
PostWed Mar 14, 2007 9:50 am Offline
Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:06 pm172
Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:
In regards to the whole Butters debate:

I think he's a good, versatile character because his innocence is so out of place in South Park. You can do a lot with Butters because of this, and also that little dark streak he has called Professor Chaos. However, I tend to agree that his usefullness as a main character is wearing out.

South Park DEFINITELY needs some new characters. 10th Season introduced virtually no recurring characters, and I think it would refresh the series if somebody new came along.

I wouldn't mind new characters emerging, honestly I can forsee Clyde perhaps getting a few more roles seeing how much he emerged last season. I just don't ever see Butter receeding to his pre-6th season role. His role as the tragiclly mis-understood yet well meaning boy in town is vital, and that element of him constantl trying to change his status quo will always be a popular recurring theme in the show. Because its one that most people who watch the show sympathize with.

But he definantly hasn't been overused recently, this is his first starring episode since "The Death of Eric Cartman" 2 seasons ago. Also this is a playon Butters' sexuality, which he proved to be very straight in "Raisins" way back in season 7.
--------------------

Thrawny

Sort by  
Page 5 of 32 477 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 32  Next