Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 9 of 13 183 posts Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 2:59 pm Offline
Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:24 pm2965Alberta, Canada
triplemultiplex wrote:
2. If the bomb was set to detonate at 12:00:00, then the minute it got it's power back, it would go off since the time would be 12:00:00.

Nope, it was set to go off at 1:00:00. When Stolsky (I think that was the blond Russian's name) said "... in three minutes," the timer was at 12:57:00.

Ahh, I just wish they'd parody another show that I'm actually familiar with so that I could enjoy that episode a lot more. XD Since my dad seemed to really love it, and his favourite show is 24.
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 3:16 pm Offline
Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:09 pm1
I have to say, this is easily the best episode i have seen in a while.

Its about time someone mocked 24, and im glad it was SP.

As a british person, i have to say kudos on the red coats! i dont think anyone knew it was coming until the very last second.

perhaps a lost episode is inorder, or maybe even desperate housewives is up for the next rip, who knows, looking forward to more top quality episodes just as this, and maybe "apologies to jessie jackson"'s epic cartman vs the midget.
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 3:39 pm Offline
Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:57 pm856Baltimore, MD
This episode started off as extremely entertaining, then went to entertaining and funny. The whole episode was just extremely awesome to watch, and I've never seen 24 (but I did pick up that this was a parody of that).

9.5/10
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 4:06 pm Offline
Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:06 pm2254New Atlanta, Sector 11, Building 71G
They missed a chance to do a dick joke when Cartman took a picture of his balls though. Kyle could have said, "What's that, a couple of shriveled up lima beans?" or something like that.
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 5:30 pm Offline
Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:36 pm1539Norwich, UK.
DevilAngel16 wrote:
That was pretty freaking amazing. And here I was, thinking I wasn’t going to like this week’s episode very much, but I ended up absolutely LOVING it. A lot.

Ha, I immediately loved the whole clock ticking thing from the moment they first showed it. Although, I’ve never actually seen the show 24 before, but luckily I didn’t need to know much about it in order to understand the parody. I thought it was awesome. I’m sure I would’ve loved it even more if I actually was a fan of 24.

I’m guessing Cartman was supposed to be parodying the main character of 24. What’s his name, Jack? Yeah...that was great. "The following takes place between..(whatever)" I loved how Cartman whipped out his cell phone at the beginning and how he immediately called Kyle. (Aww, poor Kyle...he sure does get sick a lot.) But I was glad he called Kyle. He and Cartman actually made a good team. (But I loved the brief part when Cartman took a picture of his balls and sent it to Kyle. XD So funny.)

Oh, and I liked the myspace reference. I knew they’d eventually make a reference about myspace; it was only a matter of time. Damn, they really made so many different website references. Let’s see...they mentioned google, youtube, askjeeves (nobody uses askjeeves! XD), eharmony (that was a random one), mapquest...I definitely forgot a few. Yeah, I loved all of the site references, especially since they’re such popular websites that people use every single day.

But anyway, they did a great job with Hillary Clinton too. They even gave her a huge ass which they’ve referenced a few episodes previously. That scene with the pig and its snout digging into her ass and crotch was so f*cki][/i]ucking funny. XD And also her having a nuke in her snizz/snatch. “A snuke?” XD Ah man.

Ummm...God, so much happened in this episode; it’s hard to remember everything...Ohh yeah! I laughed my ass off during the scene with the ongoing “not anymore you’re not” line. XD It was just really funny to me because, when I thought it was gonna stop, in walked another group. They said it, what, five times total? Including the last guy, “Not anymore I’m not.” XD And when Kyle said it again later on in the episode. “Oh, snap!” That was hilarious. It made my sister and I laugh our asses off.

What else. Oh, Cartman farting on the Muslim student’s parents. (I’m having trouble remembering his name. Bahir, was it? I probably misspelled it.) And, granted, the old-school fart jokes were relied on too much in the older seasons, but it’s I guess it’s nice to know that they can still use them occasionally and actually make it funny. (And yeah, usually it’s disgusting and sometimes dragged out too much – like in Smug Alert – but it was pretty funny in this episode.) Come on, Cartman injecting himself with apple juice? I thought he was gonna inject the parents with some kind of lethal drug or whatever. But nope, of course not. That would’ve been too predictable anyway.

Let’s see...I also laughed when Cartman came crashing through Butters’ window. XD Idiot. Poor Bahir. He had nothing to do with the terrorists implanting the snuke in Hillary Clinton’s snizz. XD Ha, that was funny too, when they had to send that guy in to check it out. “It’s dark and cold.” Did they even get the bomb out of her? They didn’t, did they? :O

Oh yeah, the people behind the entire thing. “The Germans?” “Before that.” (or whatever) “The Germans again?” XD I wasn’t expecting it to be the British. I thought it was just those Russians. But yeah, besides that...the queen shooting herself in the mouth was funny. XD

And I liked the ending. Cartman, of course, thought he was the hero. I think he was kinda right though; if he hadn’t called Kyle, he would’ve just been in bed all day. (I loved his response, “Maybe.”) But Kyle’s obviously right too; that’s not a good way to look at it.

But still. Who got rid of the Muslims? *Cartman raises his hand*

XD This was such a brilliant episode. I definitely forgot to mention a bunch of other good parts about it, though. It's just hard to remember everything, since a lot happened. But yeah, I loved this one so much. I swear, this season just keeps getting better and better. Keep it up, Matt and Trey!

(Damn, my episode reviews keep getting longer and longer each week. I'd be surprised if anyone actually reads trough them. :B)

I read through it... oh, I'm a dork, huh?! :wink:
Email notifications do matter, people.
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 5:58 pm Offline
Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:17 pm8
24 is one of my favorite shows and to see it getting made fun of is really funny. probly the best episode of season11!
Borat is VARY NICE

contact at espnjr94@aim.com
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 6:07 pm Offline
Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:31 am11
The worst episode this season but still a great episode. I didn't laugh a lot but it was clever and entertaining still. I especially liked the twist at the end, it ending up being the British. "Damn we failed to end the American Revolution" lol

1101 Apologies to Jesse Jackson: 9/10
1102 Cartman Sucks: 9/10
1103 Lice Capades: 9/10
1104 The Snuke: 8/10
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 6:44 pm Offline
Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:14 pm1825Ohio - Nothing to see since 1803
iceiwynd wrote:
Ahh, I just wish they'd parody another show that I'm actually familiar with so that I could enjoy that episode a lot more. XD Since my dad seemed to really love it, and his favourite show is 24.

Like if they did...I don't know...a House parody? :P
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 7:03 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Tweeks_Coffee wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:

:shock: That would be f*cking awesome.
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 7:07 pm Offline
Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:47 pm1340Binghamton, NY. It sucks
BRMBug wrote:
Tweeks_Coffee wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:

That would be awesome. Like, if they ever did parody House..awe man, I don't know what I'd do..but I'd probably fangirl more than the likes of any of us have ever seen. :P (That sounds weird..>_>)
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 7:13 pm Offline
Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:24 pm2965Alberta, Canada
Tweeks_Coffee wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:

I was seen right through. D:
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 7:20 pm Offline
Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:14 pm1825Ohio - Nothing to see since 1803
BRMBug wrote:

crazyQH wrote:
That would be awesome. Like, if they ever did parody House..awe man, I don't know what I'd do..but I'd probably fangirl more than the likes of any of us have ever seen. :P Razz (That sounds weird..>_>)

iceiwynd wrote:

Wow, that elicited more of a response than I expected.

You heard 'em M&T, get to work on your House parody, post haste!

EDIT: Wow, that totally got my mind working on a House parody plot. Kyle'd be House, solving a bunch of diseases for the kids. ie: Craig always flipping people off, Tweek for his paranoia and jitteriness and Cartman for being a fat bigot. Mind you, I've never seen a single episode. So all this is just coming from the very small encounters I've had with the show. If I'm way off base, feel free to tell me I'm stupid and it's a lame idea.

EDIT 2: v Dude, use the edit button.

EDIT 3: v OMG EVIL TRPLE POAST!!1!
Last edited by Tweeks_Coffee on Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 7:21 pm Offline
Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:16 pm48
triplemultiplex wrote:
Taranis_Music wrote:
The power went out. Therefore, the timer would just flash 12:00 forever.

There's three reasons why that explanation doesn't work:

1. The buliding where the power went out was not the same building where Hildog was with the snuke.
2. If the bomb was set to detonate at 12:00:00, then the minute it got it's power back, it would go off since the time would be 12:00:00.
3. The snuke would have it's own power source anyway. It wasn't plugged in anywhere.

Take your pick.

The timer was not set for 12:00 is was set for 1:00 because they said it would go off in 3 minutes at 12:57

It didnt matter where the snuke was because if they didnt have the detanator they couldnt do anything with it.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers? -George Carlin
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 7:28 pm Offline
Quote:
Oh, and I liked the myspace reference. I knew they’d eventually make a reference about myspace; it was only a matter of time. Damn, they really made so many different website references. Let’s see...they mentioned google, youtube, askjeeves (nobody uses askjeeves! XD), eharmony (that was a random one), mapquest...I definitely forgot a few. Yeah, I loved all of the site references, especially since they’re such popular websites that people use every single day.

They also mentioned paypal.
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 7:30 pm Offline
iceiwynd wrote:
Tweeks_Coffee wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:

Even if you didnt get the parody which i didnt because i don't watch 24 it was still a funny episode.

Sort by  
Page 9 of 13 183 posts Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next