Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 13 183 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:34 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Wait a minute. What happened with the snuke? Oh, bitch!
They didn't wrap up the B story.
I need closure, dammit!

Other than that, it was pretty good. As a 24 parody, that was A-number-1. Not sure if liked the conclusion, however. I'm sure our UK fans will be thrilled with seeing the queen blow her brains out.

But I gotta hand it to 'em; I never would've suspected the British.
You read it! You can't unread it!
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:36 pm Offline
Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:06 pm172
Overall a very good episode, nothing legendary but good. I think the ending could have been done a bit better though.

Oh and I am glad they kept the gag of "But Miss Clintons ass just keeps getting bigger" HILARIOUS!
--------------------

Thrawny
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:37 pm Offline
Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:18 pm37Earth
That episode was frickin awesome! Those sick bastards! An episode of 24 in 30 minutes, they even kept the clock at double time. That's a nice touch. Well, I liked it, made my jaw drop in astonishment once again.
What do you mean you don't like Spam?
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:38 pm Offline
Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:46 am19pennsylvania
Tonight's episode was pretty good. Applauds to it, but really what the hell ate the guy checking out hill's snatch? At first I was thinking it to be an ancient tampon that was never changed, but I really have no idea. Anyway I loved how the Britt's were tied into this one. Overall it was good, but i'm hoping next week's will be associated more with the boys and their youthful innocence exploited like the lord of the two towers.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:39 pm Offline
Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:12 pm677the bottom of the downward spiral.
heh heh.. the 24 parody was excellent! they did it so much like the real show. and i loved that little bit with the time resetting. roflwaffles indeed.

again, a lot of cartman.. :roll: but it was still okay. i can't believe he injected himself with apple juice! that was pretty silly.
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:39 pm Offline
Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:14 pm1825Ohio - Nothing to see since 1803
Okay, my analysis...

The Hilary plot was lame. Reminded me way too much of AMLF. No actual insight was used to make fun of her, which would've made this far better.

The 24 parody was good. I've only ever had limited contact to the show, but what I saw was good. Particularly the part where they have the split screen when they're standing right next to each other.

I didn't particularly like how Kyle got his sick self out of bed to help Cartman. It's better than it could've been, at first I was afraid that they were just going to completely dismiss Kyle in the episode.

I didn't really get the relevance of Kyle getting more info off of all those websites. Was that a reference to the fact that all of these terrorist groups tend to be pretty web-oriented these days? Or was it a joke about how much more web-savvy kids are than even the most technologically inclined adults?

I HATED the ending. Great, so Cartman's a bigot and wins once again. Really f*cking nice there. This kid is f*cking impervious and it pisses me off. Seriously, when was the last time that Cartman got his just desserts? Instead we have Kyle admitting to Kyle (more or less) that he was wrong. Really irritating, if anyone wants any more examples of why I hate Cartman; there it is.
I'll use google maps. It has LiveTrafficâ„¢. PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:39 pm Offline
Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:31 pm1
Best episode ever.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:40 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Cartman said he stopped the snuke, but he didn't. They killed the bad guys, but they said the bomb was on a timer. And when one of the security guys went in to disarm it, he was killed by something without deactivating it. So the episode should've concluded with Cartman saying, "I saved everyone's life didn't I?" And then BOOM! ...roll the credits.
You read it! You can't unread it!
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:41 pm Offline
Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:29 pm705the center of the earth
I love how they were using popular web sites instead of police records, and, "That sniz hasn't seen action in over thirty years, it could be toxic!" XD
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:43 pm Offline
Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:14 pm1825Ohio - Nothing to see since 1803
Oh yeah, for all those people that like to say that the old episodes were only about fart jokes: Your point is now completely invalid. This only further evidence for the case, the fart jokes are more prevalent now then they ever were before.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:46 pm Offline
Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:03 pm814Conspiracy of cartographers
I really liked this one, because it touched on political themes, but didn't rely on them in place of actual humor.

I found it interesting that they didn't bash Clinton's character or politics. Her fake accent was amazing, and "Hilldog" made me laugh as well, but the focus was on her sexuality. I don't want to get all "college feminist" on you guys, but we were just today discussing in my Shakespeare class that when women are insulted for general purposes, historically they were and still are bashed almost exclusively for their sexuality. I just find it odd to see a textbook example of that tonight.

Anyway, I loved the story itself, with the red herrings and such. I see they tried to reference almost every popular website on the internet, and even though I've never seen an episode of 24, I know good parody when I see it. I laughed out loud more times during this episode than any other this season. Good show.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:46 pm Offline
Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:47 pm1340Binghamton, NY. It sucks
Awe man, this rocked, SO MUCH! Just..ah..ok, here goes my review.

Well, first of all, I'm definitely going to watch this again, it just was really awesome. I've never actually seen 24, but you don't really need to have seen it to appreciate that portion of the episode. The way the camera angle was moving around..awesome.

And yes! Kyle had a big role..and he did technically save the day in the end. Cartman may have had a little bit of a bigger role, but it was actually pretty evenly split. Stan had an okay part, but Kyle had more dialog. But yeah, I wasn't expecting Kyle to have nearly as big of a part as he did, so that was pleasantly surprising.

Now, since I don't watch 24, could anyone tell me what role Kyle played? Cartman was Jack Bauer, but was Kyle anyone in particular?

Heh, in the beginning I immediately thought, "Where the hell is Kyle!?" So glad they used him for that part, he was great. I loved how he was so reluctant to listen to Cartman until her heard about his friends being in potential danger, then he hopped right up. He's a good kid. Oh, and as if Cartman couldn't get any gayer..he freaking sent a picture of his balls to Kyle. 0_o Jesus..I'm starting to think Matt and Trey like slashing their characters.

The British. XD Well, to the Brits on this board, sorry, the revolution is over.

Ya know, I'm actually glad they didn't rip on Hillary for her political viewpoints really. Even though she's not my favorite candidate, I don't disagree with her entirely. "It hasn't seen any action in 30 years." XD

triplemultiplex wrote:
Wait a minute. What happened with the snuke? Oh, bitch!
They didn't wrap up the B story.
I need closure, dammit!

I think we're supposed to conclude that since the power went out, the clock reset itself, leaving ample time to deactivate the bomb with the controller they now had access to after the terrorists were killed.

Really, the only complaint I have is that there was no Kenny. But hell...even though I love the kid, I'm still super happy with the way it turned out, and I don't know where he would have fit into this. Maybe he could have had Butter's role. Oh well. He didn't have much of a role anyway, so it doesn't matter.

The exchange between Cartman and Kyle at the end was great. I felt the same way Kyle did. It's like, yes..technically Kyle wouldn't have been able to save the day without Cartman's racism and bigotry, but...that doesn't really make it right.

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:

I HATED the ending. Great, so Cartman's a bigot and wins once again. Really f*cking nice there. This kid is f*cking impervious and it pisses me off. Seriously, when was the last time that Cartman got his just desserts? Instead we have Kyle admitting to Kyle (more or less) that he was wrong. Really irritating, if anyone wants any more examples of why I hate Cartman; there it is.

Well, technically he didn't win. I mean, no he wasn't punished for his bigotry and lack of tolerance, but he wasn't awarded either. The end was sort of left to interpretation. It's like, yes, Cartman did technically assist in saving everyone with his racism, but it was Kyle who did end up doing all the real research. So..yeah..without him maybe no one would have been saved, but he's the only one giving himself any credit. Plus, that's Cartman for ya, a fat racist assh*le who's going to act like that no matter what. But, if you didn't like the ending, that's cool, you're entitled to your opinion. :)

So yeah, I'm super happy with this. *Runs off to watch it again.*
Last edited by crazyQH on Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:47 pm Offline
Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:46 am19pennsylvania
Tweeks_Coffee wrote:
Okay, my analysis...

The Hilary plot was lame. Reminded me way too much of AMLF. No actual insight was used to make fun of her, which would've made this far better.

The 24 parody was good. I've only ever had limited contact to the show, but what I saw was good. Particularly the part where they have the split screen when they're standing right next to each other.

I didn't particularly like how Kyle got his sick self out of bed to help Cartman. It's better than it could've been, at first I was afraid that they were just going to completely dismiss Kyle in the episode.

I didn't really get the relevance of Kyle getting more info off of all those websites. Was that a reference to the fact that all of these terrorist groups tend to be pretty web-oriented these days? Or was it a joke about how much more web-savvy kids are than even the most technologically inclined adults?

Damn, how the hell can you watch the show and despise cartman as a character. Yes cartman is a bigot assh*le but thats what makes it so f*cking funny. It's not like it was praising cartman. The ending even went to point out that just because your from the middle east it dosnt make you a terrorist, in fact alot of countries despise the us.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:48 pm
Tweeks_Coffee wrote:
Okay, my analysis...

It was more of an homage of the web2.0 age and how 2 kids can find just about anything they want using simple websites. Some of the stuff was over the top, like you couldn't really see what other users are doing on paypal or anything, but it stayed pretty true. "No one uses ask jeeves!" Other than that though i pretty much agree with you. I was waiting so hopefully at the end and then... it just ended. Big build up but it seemed they almost ran out of time and had to end the show.

Overall i still give her an 8 out of 10.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:49 pm Offline
Thu May 04, 2006 5:17 pm6
Tweeks_Coffee wrote:
Seriously, when was the last time that Cartman got his just desserts?

Two weeks ago man. 8)
I am Jacks complete lack of a creative signature

Sort by  
Page 4 of 13 183 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next