Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 13 183 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:50 pm Offline
Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:41 pm1Texas
:lol: OK..I've just laughed my butt off! The guys have done it again! Making fun of Hillary with the Southern accent, the x-rays parody of the guy in LAX, geez-it just doesn't get any better than this.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 7:52 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
crazyQH wrote:
Now, since I don't watch 24, could anyone tell me what role Kyle played? Cartman was Jack Bauer, but was Kyle anyone in particular?

Kyle was Cloe, a friend of Bauer's and a desk jockey at CTU.

Those of us who play the 24 drinking game; every time Cloe scowls (which is every shot of her) you drink.
You read it! You can't unread it!
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 8:03 pm Offline
Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:04 pm38IN
That was awesomely hilarious. Kyle gets a big role. And I laughed my ass off at Hillary's southern accent. Cartman's ultimate torture weapon... THE APPLE JUICE FART!
Last edited by OMGTKKauthoritah on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 8:05 pm Offline
Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:47 pm1340Binghamton, NY. It sucks
triplemultiplex wrote:
crazyQH wrote:
Now, since I don't watch 24, could anyone tell me what role Kyle played? Cartman was Jack Bauer, but was Kyle anyone in particular?

Kyle was Cloe, a friend of Bauer's and a desk jockey at CTU.

Those of us who play the 24 drinking game; every time Cloe scowls (which is every shot of her) you drink.

Thanks! Heh, oh god..Kyle taking another feminine role, I bet there will be some 24 knowledgeable slashers out there who like that. 0_o

Ya know, I'm almost tempted to count up all of the different sites they referenced. Jesus, there were a lot. "Nobody uses Ask Jeeves anymore." XD So true.

Oh, and did anyone else notice that the Muslim kid's Myspace buddies where made with the "create a character" game? I found that funny. I know they were going to reference Myspace eventually.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 8:22 pm Offline
Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:16 pm48
Great episdoe. Good see some else besides cartman get a role.

Loved the end when the power went out and the detenator reset.

All of the site names given were pretty funny. And the hilary clinton was great. HilDog LOL.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers? -George Carlin
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 8:25 pm Offline
Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:14 pm1825Ohio - Nothing to see since 1803
crazyQH wrote:
Tweeks_Coffee wrote:

I HATED the ending. Great, so Cartman's a bigot and wins once again. Really f*cking nice there. This kid is f*cking impervious and it pisses me off. Seriously, when was the last time that Cartman got his just desserts? Instead we have Kyle admitting to Kyle (more or less) that he was wrong. Really irritating, if anyone wants any more examples of why I hate Cartman; there it is.

Well, technically he didn't win. I mean, no he wasn't punished for his bigotry and lack of tolerance, but he wasn't awarded either. The end was sort of left to interpretation. It's like, yes, Cartman did technically assist in saving everyone with his racism, but it was Kyle who did end up doing all the real research. So..yeah..without him maybe no one would have been saved, but he's the only one giving himself any credit. Plus, that's Cartman for ya, a fat racist assh*le who's going to act like that no matter what. But, if you didn't like the ending, that's cool, you're entitled to your opinion. :)

Yeah, but that happens a lot. That is Cartman winning, just never getting any comeuppins for his assholish behavior. Oh well, like you said; that's just my opinion of it.

Overall, I'd say it was a decent episode. I coul've done without the constant references to Clinton's vag, but it idn't ruin the epiosde for me. This has a been a season of decent episodes to me. Nothing really awful, but nothing really spectacular either.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 8:26 pm Offline
Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:00 pm268Euclid, Ohio: the least interesting place in the western hemisphere
I don't watch 24 so I didn't get all the jokes but it was a pretty good episode. Least favorite of Season 11 so far though. I loved how Cartman's racism worked out for the best for once though.
Athena1999 wrote:
AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 8:31 pm Offline
[quote="triplemultiplex"]Wait a minute. What happened with the snuke? Oh, bitch!
They didn't wrap up the B story.
I need closure, dammit!

Yeah i was wondering about that too. I guess since they stopped the detanator it didn't matter what they did with the snuke.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 8:36 pm Offline
AssassinKenny wrote:
I don't watch 24 so I didn't get all the jokes but it was a pretty good episode. Least favorite of Season 11 so far though. I loved how Cartman's racism worked out for the best for once though.

I think this was one of the best episodes of the season. Probaly second only to the Jesse Jackson one. How is this ep worse than cartman sucks?
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 8:42 pm Offline
Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:06 pm2254New Atlanta, Sector 11, Building 71G
Another somewhat surprising episode with regards to the political themes. I was reminded of how during the Clinton years M&T never once jumped on the sex scandal bandwagon, and so far they've only made a couple of sparse Bush stupid jokes. As far as Hillary goes, it looks like they did indeed go for an angle that hasn't already been done to death (sort of) including her switching of accents, her enormous ass, and the sex joke about how she hasn't seen any action in 30 years.

But I was still left wondering what it was that ate the guy's head. Also, I see I'm not the only one who saw the resemblance to the cop-out gag in AMLF with Oprah's minge. I mean, come on.

I'm also somewhat disappointed that they made another Cartman-centric episode, and that he didn't get his comeuppance in the end, but at least Kyle got a good role. Cartman may have been the catalyst for the plot, but he would have been completely lost without Kyle's brains. The scenes where they were referencing all those websites were very well done, and I especially loved the part where Kyle took control over the operation after his room was invaded, "Oh no you're not!"

Why wasn't Kenny at least present in the episode? They could have given him at least a small part. I'd have loved to see the feds deputize him so that he'd be involved in the shootout at the warehouse, and possibly get to cap some mercenaries, but maybe that's just me.

I thought the ending was kind of weak, since they didn't exactly wrap everything up. Since I don't watch "24" I'm assuming that the power outage was a parody of how the plot miraculously resolves itself at the very end against impossible odds. The British invasion plot-- I dunno. I can see how the gag was derived, but what was the point? Again, I'm guessing that it was written that way on purpose for the sake of the parody.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 8:44 pm Offline
Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:18 pm37Earth
Quote:
Oh, and did anyone else notice that the Muslim kid's Myspace buddies where made with the "create a character" game? I found that funny.

Nope, didn't see that, good eye. I wonder if they made their own or used ones that the fans made. Anyone know a way to save those little guys?
What do you mean you don't like Spam?
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 8:54 pm Offline
Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:49 pm1
Wow they did a great job with the 24 parody. Cartman as Jack Bauer was hilarious. It seems Kyle played the part of Chloe O'Brian who is the person who gets all the info for Jack in 24. The head of CIA was Bill Buchanan, the head of CTU.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 9:21 pm Offline
Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:24 am6Brooklyn, NY
I love when Cartman crashes through Butter's window.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 9:22 pm Offline
Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:56 pm1cedar falls, iowa
C+ <---> B-
Range

it was a good one, loved cartman farting in the new kid's parent's faces. good sh*t, but not as epic or had a good point that stood out idk. good sh*t though.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 9:29 pm Offline
Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:24 pm2965Alberta, Canada
So, I don't really watch 24, so I didn't get 100% of the parodies (though 24 is my dad's favourite show so I'm interested to see how much he likes this one).

But it was still great. XD Oh, god. Just... well, I cracked up at the applesauce thing a bit too much for my liking. Geez. And the whole what a snuke actually is... my god. XD It ate Brian. f*cking creepy. D:

The Russians were awesome. And "The Germans? ... The Germans again?" and it's the BRITISH aahufihdg that was hilarious! I... wow XD

All of the taking over and commandeering of Kyle's room, plus the numerous references to popular websites like that was great. The things they showed after they came back from commercial breaks (I THINK... torrents got no commercials :D), the first one, with Butters and Bahir just sitting there playing checkers, that was adorable. XD The kid was cute.

And the ending was adorable, too. Aww. That was great. Bigotry is officially awesome, or at least moreso in South Park's case. Aah.

I'm trying to think of what else to say but I'm having a hard time. That... Well, I sure as hell enjoyed it. Bomb-sniffing pig was great, Hildog was great, and I loved Cartman crashing through that window and Butters' little role in the episode in general. XD He's such a dweeb. Aww.

Sort by  
Page 5 of 13 183 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next