Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 8 of 12 179 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 10:31 am Offline
Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:06 am555Brighton, UK
10,5/10

That episode was genius! I've not been a huge fan of any other episoe on this season. Some of them have been pretty good, but this is actually genius. Kinda Catholism bashing but very pro-Jesus. I LOVED it!!!! And the hidden mystery was just as retarded as in Da Vinci Code x) Kinda strangely believable, though o_O It actually MAKES sense that only a rabbit would be sincere enough to rule the catholic church, LOL.

It waskinda refreshing not to see too much Cartman, for once, too. Although he did one of my fav lines of the episode.

- Don't you think that's...

- No, no! YOU don't ask ME questions. YOU are rabbit, I am human. So if you don't bring me what I want for Easter, I can f*ckin' kill you!

Other great lines/ dialogues were...

- What happened?

- My dad's in a rabbit-worshipping cult for men and they protect the secret of easter but before they said what it was they were attacked by ninjas and put me in charge of Snowball.

- ... I'm kinda fingerpainting right now...

- Lock up those two Jews. I'll deal with them later.
Kyle and JESUS... "those two Jews" LOL

- Dude, you don't understand. I'm a Jew, i have a few hang-ups about killing Jesus.

- Your holiness! What should we tell the world about how to run their lifes?

- It isn't saying anything.

- Yes. Just as Jesus intended it.

EXACTLY!!!!!
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 10:36 am Offline
Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:24 pm2965Alberta, Canada
eatmydeaduterus wrote:
http://catholicleague.org/07press_releases/quarter_2/070405_south_park_donohue.htm
“I have no idea why ‘South Park’ creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker caricature me as a heartless thug.

Aww, but you just gotta wonder why!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/s ... 90,00.html

Quote:
Bill Donohue, head of the watchdog Catholic League, said it was "one of the worst assaults on Christian sensibilities ever.''

The hotel and the gallery were overrun Thursday with angry phone calls and e-mails about the exhibit. Semler said the calls included death threats

"In this situation, the hotel couldn't continue to be supportive because of a fear for their own safety,'' Semler said.

Great, looks like they're learning from the radical Muslims now, too.
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 10:50 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
iceiwynd wrote:
eatmydeaduterus wrote:
http://catholicleague.org/07press_releases/quarter_2/070405_south_park_donohue.htm
“I have no idea why ‘South Park’ creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker caricature me as a heartless thug.

Quote:
Bill Donohue, head of the watchdog Catholic League, said it was "one of the worst assaults on Christian sensibilities ever.''

The hotel and the gallery were overrun Thursday with angry phone calls and e-mails about the exhibit. Semler said the calls included death threats

"In this situation, the hotel couldn't continue to be supportive because of a fear for their own safety,'' Semler said.

Who, the hotel or the Catholic League? 'Cause the Catholic League didn't do anything different than it usually does, while most everyone who could be affected by terrorists have changed how they handle possible protests. I'm sure the League does not endorse anyone making death threats to anyone else.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 10:56 am Offline
Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:12 pm1158New York, USA
Whoo, that episode was really good. I enjoyed it.

But I dunno...I wasn’t crazy about the episode toward the beginning – same case with Lice Capades. I mean, I guess nothing really stood out for me. They got into the plot rather quickly, though. Stan started asking questions right away. Ha, that opening scene was pretty funny though. With Randy being the only one actually having fun while dying his eggs. And when he slammed his hands down on the table after Sharon made the comment about there being no Easter bunny. XD Oh, Randy.

And I liked the mall scene, but they just had to throw Cartman into the episode, and yes it was only a brief part, but still. Well, at least it was funny. Cartman threatened to kill the Easter bunny. XD But we needed a break from Cartman, so I'm glad he only made a small appearance.

Anyway, it was kinda creepy when all of those guys dressed up as bunnies were chasing Stan. And Randy when he walked out with his bunny ears and nose. XD All of them part of that secret society...what was it called again? Hare for Men or something, I think...well, yeah, that was bizarre. Especially when they were at their meeting singing that song. XD “Hippitus, hoppitus...” God. There so-called ‘leader’, Snowball, was sooo utterly adorable. Ahh. I love bunnies. <3

Haha. So yeah, I started really loving the episode after the first commercial break, when the first scene we saw was Kyle finger painting. Aww. He’s...so cute. XD God, Kyle was amazing in this episode. I loved his role in this one, honestly. I loved how Stan asked him if he knew anything about Easter, and he was just like, “Dude, I’m Jewish, I have no idea.” Obviously. XD

But anyway, I knew the secret itself was going to be something weird that didn’t make sense. Seriously, Peter actually being a rabbit? Peter Rabbit...that’s a strange connection right there. I’m so tempted, however, to look up Da Vinci’s painting of the Last Supper and examine it to see if their really are eggs and stuff that they pointed out. Who even came up with this? That Jesus wanted the church to be run by a rabbit? Are there people who actually believe that?

Well, I don’t know, I’m Catholic myself, and I know that there are many people out there who disagree with our beliefs, and think that what we do believe in is crazy and illogical, but...that’s how it is with all religions. After all, as Matt and Trey said, one answer is never the answer, soo...

Yeah, I’m getting off topic now. So I’m gonna stop and leave it at that.

Ooh yeah, the exploding marshmallow peeps! I’m so tempted to put a package of peeps in the microwave and see how long it takes for them to explode. XD That was funny.

Oh God, I also loved the part when Stan was praying to Jesus and then he stopped and looked around and it was all quiet...and then Kyle was just like, “I think the rabbit just crapped on my jacket.” XD That cracked me up. That was very funny.

AND (I’m kinda skipping ahead) JESUS! Yay, Jesus is back! I was so happy that Jesus returned. We haven’t seen him since Red Sleigh Down. I missed Jesus. XD And, my God, when Kyle killed Jesus – hfudishfiusdhfis that was awesome. I can only imagine if Cartman ever did find out about it. He’d never let Kyle live it down, that’s for sure. But yeah, I loved the way he was hesitant about it at first, and once Jesus promised that Cartman would never find out, he just stabbed him. Ahh. Poor Jesus, screaming and blood spurting everywhere. Just awesome.

Oh yeah, and when Jesus was acting all badass with that blade thingy, cutting that guy in half. That guy was an assh*le, with his 'double cross.' XD So gay. And the Pope saying, "That doesn't seem very Christian-like." "You're too soft!" XD

Yeah, back to Jesus, putting on his sunglasses acting all fly. XD I love Jesus. And the ending, with the bunny becoming the Pope. Aww. Snowball was so damn cute. ^^

Well, at least after all of that, Stan learned to just shut his mouth and dye his Easter eggs. XD Great lesson. Great episode, too. Damn...five excellent episodes in a row. I'm absolutely loving season eleven so far.
Last edited by DevilAngel16 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 11:00 am Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7970Montgomery, AL
I don't know if anybody already mentioned this or not, but... Grandpa Marsh called Stan "Billy!" He hasn't called him that in ages! ('Course, he hasn't had any lines in ages.) I got a bit excited over that. :P
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 11:12 am Offline
Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:33 am20
i've got to give them props....south park is the only show that has the balls to show jesus getting stabbed in the neck by a small child...
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 11:34 am Offline
Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:41 am74Finland
Good episode. Not as good as I hoped though...
Jesus's comeback was nice (but his voice was a bit rusty) and grandpa has a line! There were some funny jokes also...
But overall "just" ***½ episode.
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 11:42 am Offline
Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:43 pm46
3/10

Only gets a 3 for the Kyle killing Jesus scene.

I don't know what it is lately, I loved probably 10 of the 14 episodes from the last two seasons, but so far this run I've only really enjoyed the first two. Lice Capades I didn't laugh once, The Snuke was decent...the first time, and this one I just didn't find funny at all until the end.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Jesse Jackson: 7.5/10
Cartman Sucks: 9/10
Lice Capades: 0/10
The Snuke: 5/10
Easter Special: 3/10
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 11:50 am Offline
Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:50 pm17
I've been a longtime fan and I hated to admit to myself last season that most of the epsides sucked. Looking back on season 10 I was kinda losing interest. And I hated that because I desperately wanted to love the show as much as I always had.

But this season I'm completely excited again. I've loved every single episode. In fact I think even the worst one this season, lice capades, was better than anything in season 10, with perhaps the exception of the warcraft episode (I will admit that was amazing)

Jesus coming back was really just the icing on the cake. "The power of resurrection". :D

I got the feeling of classic South Park again from the episodes this season. Go Matt & Trey!
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 11:57 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:37 pm1208New York.....Just kidding.
Okay that episode was totally genuis and very humorous I'd love every scene especially that scene where Cartman wanted toys from the Easter bunny. Randy dressed like a bunny was quite interesting and I loved the when Jesus throw a shuriken star at William Donohue! That part where Kyle kills jesus were pure classic and " Eric Cartman can never find out about this" quote make my stomach hurting of laughing so hard! The whole episode was parody the Da Vinci Code this whole time and I was right before

It's sad that Randy got hurt in his leg when those ninjas where all hurting them. It's nice to see that Stan and Kyle saving snowball the bunny.

Can't wait for next week's episode. Matt n Trey you did another distinguished episode and keep up the good work!!!!!!! :wink:
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 11:59 am Offline
Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:49 pm31
well done on another fantastic episode!
I completely agree that I was losing interest in season 10 but this season has got me interested again.

I think I'd go with this:
1. Cartman Sucks
2. Easter Special
3. The Snuke
4. Jesse Jackson
5. Lice Capades
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 12:01 pm Offline
Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 am2907East Hartford, CT
Big-Will wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:
eatmydeaduterus wrote:

Quote:

Who, the hotel or the Catholic League? 'Cause the Catholic League didn't do anything different than it usually does, while most everyone who could be affected by terrorists have changed how they handle possible protests. I'm sure the League does not endorse anyone making death threats to anyone else.

I think she's talking about reports over the chocolate Jesus statue. But anyway, the Bill Donohue who accused Matt and Trey of refusing to air a scene of Muhammad when it was in fact Comedy Central that did so, not the creators, was also the one protesting the chocolate statue. I am glad they got back at him and also showed Kyle (a Jew) killing Jesus (another Jew) minutes after the latter returned. Pity that.

Quote:
"Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but the thing dies in the process and the innards are discouraging to any but the pure scientific mind."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

OT: Kinda funny, but from the 17th century to the 19th century in Britain, people used to dissect executed criminals who got hanged, just for pleasure. Other people were getting disgusted by seeing the organs of the criminals get taken out, especially the skeletons. Of course, some people didn't want the bodies of the criminals to be dissected after they got hanged for crimes, and so they chose to take the bodies of criminals home to prepare them for funerals and to bury them in hopes that the bodies could avoid dissection. Here's the link for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissection

and: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:18th_century_executions_by_Great_Britain

Sorry if I'm off-topic here. :oops:

Bringing sexy back. (Thank you, Drisela, for the pic! :D)
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 12:06 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
angeldeb82 wrote:
I think she's talking about reports over the chocolate Jesus statue.

I know she was talking about that. The hotel and the gallery just buckled under the pressure as they would have if terrorists had called in instead of keeping their balls and showing that Chocolate Jesus.

Donohue's reaction to this episode was rather sensible compared to to his reactions to prior episodes involving the Church.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 12:09 pm Offline
Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:31 pm2247Santa Monica, CA
When Jesus caught that mortal boomerang behind his back and then coolly put on his sunglasses, and just held that pose, I thought I was going to choke on my laughter. I was waiting for him to ham for the camera, or break the pose, or anything, but just having him put on the sunglasses and hold the pose was the funniest thing I've seen on the show in a very long time.

And it's so weird that that joke was in there because earlier this week I was thinking about trying to hire out an artist I work with to do one of those "friendly jesus" drawings (like when jesus is helping someone play soccer or baseball, etc.) but in mine I wanted Jesus to be pulling down his sunglasses in that "hey, I'm being serious now" way. I just thought it would be funny. Jesus wearing sunglasses. Small comedy world, I guess.

Anyway, this was a great episode, and I couldn't agree more that a bunny should be pope. Brilliant.

Enjoy your time off, SPS.

See you in Hell.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 12:41 pm Offline
Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:16 pm740
good episode
Last edited by plk12345 on Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
Page 8 of 12 179 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next