Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 9 of 12 179 posts Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 12:52 pm Offline
Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:42 pm1
I didn't find this episode very funny. I would give it maybe a 3/10. Cause it was just a Da Vinci Code parody, Ameircan Dad almost the same thing like 2 months ago, which wasn't funny either. Da Vinci code is a couple years old too it may have been better timed if they made this episode right when the movie came out. Only parts I found funny was Kyle killing Jesus and Jesus killing the fake pope. It was just the Da Vinci Code done with south park characters which is why I didn't find it funny they didn't even alter the story very much from the movie they had all the same elements. Maybe a lot of people that think it was good never seen the Da Vinci Code. I probably would of found it funnier myself if I didn't see it.

I found Jessie Jackson and Cartmen sucks to be much more funny I would give those 10/10
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 12:52 pm Offline
Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:16 pm48
SouthEcko2172 wrote:
That episode wasn't really funny... With a topic about Easter and painting eggs, they could have done sooo much better. That's great material in itself, but the whole Hare Club For Men thing, and the bunny as the Pope... Not funny. I expected more from this episode. Pretty big disappointment.

I'm really not a fan of the serious tone and extremely detailed artwork and animation. It seems like every episode has to be a parody of some sort and overly dramatic. I hope they make more classic episodes in the upcoming episodes like they used to. This is one of my favorite shows, but they need to go back to their roots and stop making these overly dramatic, movie plotline stories.

I disagree. That was an amzing episode. There reason for why we have easter was great, and that song they sang when the bunny came in, Classic! And how can you not like Jesus coming back.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers? -George Carlin
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 12:55 pm Offline
Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:16 pm48
Zumia wrote:
I didn't find this episode very funny. I would give it maybe a 3/10. Cause it was just a Da Vinci Code parody, Ameircan Dad almost the same thing like 2 months ago, which wasn't funny either. Da Vinci code is a couple years old too it may have been better timed if they made this episode right when the movie came out. Only parts I found funny was Kyle killing Jesus and Jesus killing the fake pope. It was just the Da Vinci Code done with south park characters which is why I didn't find it funny they didn't even alter the story very much from the movie they had all the same elements. Maybe a lot of people that think it was good never seen the Da Vinci Code. I probably would of found it funnier myself if I didn't see it.

I found Jessie Jackson and Cartmen sucks to be much more funny I would give those 10/10

Cartman sucks is better than this, are you kidding me? That episode sucked on its own but when you compare it to this ep it makes it much worse. And it wasnt a total parady of the Da vinci code they just based some of the parts off it much like what they did with toilet paper which had the silence of the lambs parody.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers? -George Carlin
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 1:10 pm Offline
Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:05 am113
It was nice to see Jesus in it. I guess the Cartman haters enjoyed not seeing him show up. I really thought he would have showed up right as Kyle was killing Jesus..I'm so happy they did a Easter show. The bunnies runnng after Stan was so good"and oddly Creepy!" Season 11 has been super cool.

episode sucked PostThu Apr 05, 2007 2:03 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
I actually disliked the episode it didn't make much sense I was expecting it to be better but now that i saw it i would give it a 4/10. Man so much violence and kyle killing jesus was strange too.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 2:05 pm Offline
Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:11 pm22Timmy's Underworld
Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:
KennyStanWendyFan wrote:
Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:
Shut_Up_Stan_ wrote:
I loved the episode but it will probably get banned.

No, CC doesn't care as much about Christian sentimentalities.

Exactly; if it had been a figure from any other religion, the episode would have been banned. They can depict Jesus getting stabbed in the neck and bleeding all over the place, but they can't depict Mohammed handing a salmon helmet to toga-wearing Peter Griffin.

Pretty much. They can have Jesus defecating on President Bush and the American flag and being violently killed (during Easter Week no less!) yet they can't show Mohammed just standing there, looking normal.

This placating of Muslim sentimentalities is getting out of hand. But that's a different topic for a different thread.

Why did Bloody Mary get banned then ??? Thats exactly why I think this episode will get banned, even though I loved it !
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 2:48 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Zumia wrote:
I didn't find this episode very funny. I would give it maybe a 3/10. Cause it was just a Da Vinci Code parody, Ameircan Dad almost the same thing like 2 months ago, which wasn't funny either.

That thought crossed my mind as well. But I loved that AD episode. And coincidentally, I loved this new SP as well.

A few more things from Fantastic Easter Special:

Stan still has his Road Warrior-esque poster.

The Hare Club for Men singing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" in Latin got me thinking. If you get a group of men to sing the lyrics in Latin, I think any song would sound like some ancient hymn.
You read it! You can't unread it!
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 3:21 pm Offline
Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 am2914East Hartford, CT
nopperabo on TV.com wrote this:

Quote:
anybody think that when jesus threw the ninja star through donoghue it kinda seemed like a 300 parody?

I was thinking Blade...glasses n' all.

It is a movie parody but the movie their parodying is Krull. The thing Jesus threw was'nt a ninja star it was the Glaive. Dont worry I only got this because they coincidentally showed Krull earlier that day on another channel.

Did anyone else get the Krull parody in this episode?

Bringing sexy back. (Thank you, Drisela, for the pic! :D)
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 3:51 pm Offline
Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:06 am555Brighton, UK
This wasn't the kind of episode that you just sit and laugh your ass off through the whole thing but I think it was totally the best episode of the season so far, probably one of the best episodes EVER even. Kept my interest going, wasn't predictable, amusing through the whole thing, very clever and something completely different. I just loved it!!! Also, totally got me into easter spirits.

My opinion of the season so far.

1. Fantastic Easter Special
2. With Apologies to Jesse Jackson (Randy's plotline was so good that it saved the ass of the midget plot that sucked)
3. Lice Capades
4. Cartman Sucks (actually, could share the 3rd place with L.C.)
5. The Snuke!!!!! (poooor)
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 3:54 pm Offline
Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:09 pm2640In that blimp right above your house.
10/10

Perfect episode! I was LMAO through the entire episode! My friends got a kick out of the fact that the Vatican sent ninjas to kill men in bunny suits!
Keep up the good work, Matt and Trey!
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 6:43 pm Offline
Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:27 am1594OHIO
9.5/10 Best episode this season.

I pretty much much loved everything about this episode. The easter bunny cult thing, the Da vinchi code parody, Jesus coming back; it was all great.

Best of all, this episode proved that you don't have to have a cartman based episode for it to be funny. (Seeing as cartman played a crucial role in 1101-1104.)
Last edited by swellman7 on Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 8:00 pm Offline
Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:25 pm16Michigan
GREAT episode....probably my favorite this year.

What I loved most was how you could predict what was about to happen juuuuust fast enough to think "no way are they actually going there." And then, of course, they did.

No one has mentioned perhaps the best moment of the episode: the revealing of "The Last Supper" with St.Peter in his true form. When they showed him with those ears, I completely lost it.

I though "Licecapades" and the ones before it were cute, but the past two weeks have really made me laugh out loud and often. Southpark is at its' best when they pull out all the stops......ninjas, animal sacrifice, exploding peeps......what's NOT to love?
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 8:08 pm Offline
Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 am2914East Hartford, CT
W00t!!! I don't believe this! Snowball being a descendant of St. Peter (puns on both The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown (who won the case against copyright infringement) and Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter), the Hare Club for Men (pun on Hair Club for Men), plays on rabbit stew, the (fake) Latin chant of Peter Cottontail, and Benedict XVI questioning the orders of Bill Donohue of the Catholic League (who called Stan and Kyle whores, just like he called Matt and Trey in real life). And who could ever forget Jesus returning from Iraq "with the powers of resurrection", which he uses again when he is locked up and orders Kyle to kill him with a slash of the knife (the bloody effects were gross and I was like "Ouch! That's gotta hurt!")? Oh, BTW, it kinda reminds me of the Dragon Ball Z episode, "Another Transformation?" when Vegeta orders Krillin to blast him so that Dende can heal him and Vegeta could become Super Saiyan (which he couldn't turn into until the episode "Upgrade to Super Saiyan", thus resulting in his downfall and death at the hands of Frieza in a few more episodes to follow (the funeral and burial scene near the end of "The End of Vegeta" was so touching, along with his spiritual communication in "Trump Card"), after which he is resurrected by the power of Earth's Dragon Balls in "Gohan Returns").

Oh, did I ever mention that I heard Brian Setzer's "Jump, Jive 'n' Wail" played in the Hare Club for Men as well?

Overall, a great episode. I'm giving it 9 out of 10. :cartmansmile:

Bringing sexy back. (Thank you, Drisela, for the pic! :D)
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 9:04 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:37 pm262Brazil (The mines)
I liked it. Many people are complaining they didn't mock "The Da Vinci Code" enought, but, if you think about it, they kinda did. The scene where Teabag shows the crummy image of the last supper, falling apart, and easily convinces the boys that a piece of Bread was an egg, it's right on the spot with everyone (that's just for show. I know almost every reader did not believe the theory the book spread) believing a crummy picture of John was actually Mary of Magdala. But, I still think it would be wiser to show that Dan Brown is actually an unoriginal and untrained writer, his books having plotholes that even I can spot (oddly enough, I have read all of his books...)

Great to see Jesus back, great to see some good, old-fashioned puns. While I like offensive humor, I also think there is a place in my heart for silly word-play.

(On another point entirely: See, I told you they'd do something regarding the pope hat, didn't I? I guess they were making a parody of the Dagon theory too. Neh, probably a coincidence).

96%
This is not a sig.
PostThu Apr 05, 2007 9:44 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
triplemultiplex wrote:
The Hare Club for Men singing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" in Latin got me thinking.

"Here Comes Peter Cottontail" is a song?

...I guess so. Hm...
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 9 of 12 179 posts Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next