Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 14 199 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 1:35 pm Offline
Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:35 pm2
If Kenny is involved...maybe he'll actually die in this episode :P
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 1:51 pm Offline
Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:12 pm1158New York, USA
supine wrote:
If Kenny is involved...maybe he'll actually die in this episode :P

That would...be amazing. D:

I'm pissed because there's a possibility that I might miss the original airing of this episode tonight. (I'm going to this Mother/Daughter night thing that my school hosts every year. It's basically just dinner with a fashion show and raffles.)

If I miss the episode tonight...I'm seriously going to throw a bitch fit. XD Although, I'm going to force my brother to record it for me, so hopefully it'll work out and I'll get to watch it.

Because there is NO WAY I'm waiting until tomorrow to watch this. If I do actually miss it tonight...I'll just stay up and watch it at midnight when they air it again. I don't care.

(Sorry about this. I realize that no one here gives a sh*t about my dilemma, but I felt like bitching about it anyway. :B)
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 2:14 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7970Montgomery, AL
Seriously, we're long overdue a Kenny death. Season 10 had no Kenny deaths; the closest we got was the death of Kenny's Warcraft character, and he was hardly unique in that sense. It's been two years since the last real Kenny death. It's Christmas in Canada also marked the first Kenny death in two years.
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 2:40 pm Offline
Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:20 pm23
good call on the "chrismas in canada" episode, and i enjoyed the scene in warcraft when kenny died, i laughed and said yes! he died! :zombiekenny: and i did it twice thius year, i missed the 10 o clock so i stayed up till midnight.. it was totally worth it :)
ImageIt's an Afghanistan goat, so it can't stay here, or else it'll choke on the sweet air of freedom.
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 2:44 pm Offline
Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:20 pm23
i dont give homeless ppl change, they'll just waste it on booze, this one dude on the corner (yes corner) asked me for $5 once, i was like $5 is this a homeless tax i have to pay all of the sudden, jesus.

i do have something against homeless people, ok. They can try to work, find a low-payed job, hell give some bj's in the alley for all i care.. but by sitting on corners (yes corners) smoking pot is getting you no where!
ImageIt's an Afghanistan goat, so it can't stay here, or else it'll choke on the sweet air of freedom.
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 6:43 pm Offline
If I wasn't turning 21 in six days, I'd pay a homeless guy to buy ME some booze, but then, he'd probably run off with the booze.

"Look, Mr. Homeless Guy, if you don't wanna buy me a bottle of vodka, and not get your ten bucks, and not go buy YOURSELF a bottle of vodka, then you be my guest!"
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 7:15 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Well it is another parody of Night of the Living Dead. I know it's been 10 years, but they already kind of did this. Granted it's different, but still...

I like Kenny getting all pissed at Cartman already. Knock his ass out, Ken!

With the kids down in the sewer right now, I can't help but think they just might run into an 'old friend', if you know what I mean. :wink:
Here's hoping.
You read it! You can't unread it!
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 7:24 pm Offline
I liked that pause between "laboratory" and the thunder clap. Well timed.

That dude's death scene stretched out as long as a Family Guy joke.

So much for Mr. Hankey. Oh well.

Hasn't been as funny, but I'm certainly caught up in the story. The SP homeless obviously came from Evergreen.
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 7:32 pm Offline
The scene where one of the homeless wiped the guy's car window reminded me of a similar scene from Family Guy in which Brian was homeless (before the Griffins adopted him) and he wiped Peter's car window.

Episode rating: 7.5/10. Not extremely hilarious but not bad, some funny parts here and there. Overall, a decent episode.
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 7:32 pm Offline
Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:40 pm4
I thought it was pretty great actually. I loved the end. Although I'm with Stan, I'm not sure why Kyle likes to watch Cartman jump the homeless so much, but I'm glad he does. It was funny as f*ck. 8/10 here
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 7:37 pm Offline
Ha! Great song! Had me in stitches. Rest in peace, Tupac.

So, looks like Gerald left for Cali with all the bums?

I was right about where the bums came from and I also saw the solution coming a mile away.

The runner where everyone thinks it's Kyle's idea to have Cartman jump the homeless on skateboard was funny.

The scene in Evergreen with the guy's wife was not.

I don't know why I expected some larger role for Kenny in a story about the homeless -> poor. Silly me.
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 7:37 pm Offline
Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:29 pm705the center of the earth
I like it when they sing like that.
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 7:40 pm Offline
Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:47 pm1340Binghamton, NY. It sucks
I really, really loved it! This actually was a boys episode that did in fact focus primarily on the boys.

Ok, let's see here..

I know I'm gonna make a point out of this only because I'm a Kyle fan, but he really did have an awesome role in this. I love seeing episodes where it makes a point out of Kyle's good morals. And he did, definitely, have the best intentions of any of the characters in this episode.

I found the Cartman jumping the homeless really funny. It's like, where the hell did they come up with that? Anyway, it was great. Poor Kyle, Stan never seemed to get that Kyle didn't care about Cartman "jumping the homeless."

So, like...Randy shot off a guy's head! Jesus Christ! That's really bad right there. Holy Jesus. I would have found it funnier if it weren't in light of recent events, but I still thought it was interesting. Just shows how irrational the adults really are.

Kenny! He accompanied the boys, as it should be! And, we even saw some hostility in him towards Cartman. That was pretty cool and made me happy to see. 8)

Still, I can't get over how much of an awesome role Kyle had. Poor kid, just trying to help and gets screwed over, as always. But, I loved his plan in the end. AND THE SONG!!! AHHH!!! That right there was one of the highlights of the season for me, what a great way to end it.

So yeah, although maybe it wasn't the funniest episode of the season, I still thought it kicked major ass. Like really, awesome way to end the season in my opinion.
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 7:44 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:48 am180Irvington NJ
Yea it was a funny episode! The best scene was when the homeless study scientist kept shooting himself in the face and couldn't die. LMAO...I even enjoyed Kenny's roles in this 1. Good job M&T!
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 7:45 pm Offline
Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:03 pm814Conspiracy of cartographers
Aww, I didn't even think about Mr. Hankey when they went in the sewer. That says something about how the show has changed, huh?

The episode was okay, though a bit sad. Homeless people aren't people, so just ship them off to California (along with the Kyle's dad) and be rid of them. Oh well, I like it when there's no real message.

It was pretty funny, though. I don't really venture into zombie movies aside from Shaun of the Dead and other campy stuff, but I enjoyed the parody anyway. (Well, yes, I've seen Night of the Living Dead, but it's both a necessity for cinematic literacy and in the public domain, so how could I not?) I liked the boys singing on the bus, and when the Homeless Studies Expert shot himself, I just thought to myself, "owie..."

Sort by  
Page 4 of 14 199 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next