Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 14 199 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
Episode 1107: Night of the living homeless PostWed Apr 18, 2007 7:47 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:11 am13
Hey! I just watched the new episode. It was hilarious! I loved it! Cartman, as usual had a new scandal. Watch it soon!
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 7:48 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Probably the best aspect of this episode was all four boys cooperating on a way to save their parents. They seem pretty skilled with cutting torches and welding equipment.

And even though I called them out on already doing a Night of the Living Dead parody, they did a much more thorough job of lampooning it this time around. With the modern animation, they could really recreate that kind of zombie movie feel.

But all in all, hardly the best episode of the run. I'd put it near the bottom of the seven.

See you in six months, M&T.
You read it! You can't unread it!
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 8:04 pm Offline
Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:27 am1594OHIO
Parodie List

*Note that I don't remember characters names from the films. So I will refer to them as "the man" or "the woman"

Dawn of the Dead(original)
1. When the homeless expert helps the boys escape through the airducts- This is similiar to the ending scene when the man helps the woman escape through an airduct to the roof of a mall. And then the man nearly kills himself but changes his mind.

Dawn of the dead(remake)
1.Random Cars crashing into each other- This is similiar to then intro of the movie when It shows the city being consumed by chaos.
2. When the boys enter the sewers- This is similiar to how the survivors in the mall escape at the end of the movie.
3.Adults trapped on roof- This is similiar to the situation the survivors were dealing with throughout the movie.
4.The van used to take the homeless away- This is similiar to the van that was used to escape the mall at the end of the movie.
5. When randy is waiting to kill the man after becoming homeless- This is similiar to the scene when the police officer is waiting for a bitten victim to change into a zombie

Land of the dead
1.When the boys go to the town of evergreen,the man talks about how the homeless people are starting to get enough money to actually buy property- This is similiar to how the zombies have evolved and can communicate and use weapons.

That's all I could think of for now.
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 8:06 pm Offline
Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:42 pm2
triplemultiplex wrote:
Probably the best aspect of this episode was all four boys cooperating on a way to save their parents. They seem pretty skilled with cutting torches and welding equipment.

And even though I called them out on already doing a Night of the Living Dead parody, they did a much more thorough job of lampooning it this time around. With the modern animation, they could really recreate that kind of zombie movie feel.

But all in all, hardly the best episode of the run. I'd put it near the bottom of the seven.

DUDE you are fucken Retarded. This Episode was the fucken greatest. You sound like some arrogant internet bitch with no sense of humour, if you don't find it funny don't watch. Don't give yourself credit for calling them out you dumb motherf*cker!!!
Matt and Trey don't need your sh*t!!!
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 8:20 pm Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
Chozen wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:

DUDE you are fucken Retarded. This Episode was the fucken greatest. You sound like some arrogant internet bitch with no sense of humour, if you don't find it funny don't watch. Don't give yourself credit for calling them out you dumb motherf*cker!!!

Oh goody..Another dumbass who freaks out at the slightest criticism of any episode.
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 8:23 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:27 pm40Maine
This was a awesome episode!
But its not enough for me to last several months without new episodes!!!
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 8:23 pm Offline
Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:04 am5T-Town, Alabama
Was a pretty good episode. I love to see Randy in peril. "Those are Cherry. Blah!" LoL

I couldn't help but feel I was missing a reference on the jumping the homeless. Seemed oddly familiar. Maybe I'm just thinking of "Jumping the shark" Was funny either way. XD

Only bad thing about it... it's the last one til October. :( I need me some season 10 DVD fix! D:
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 8:29 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:27 pm40Maine
This episode was like a combination of "Grey Dawn" and "Two Days Before The Day After Tomorrow".
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 8:43 pm Offline
Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:00 pm268Euclid, Ohio: the least interesting place in the western hemisphere
That episode was f*cking awesome. I love Dawn of the Dead and this episode was a hilarious play on it. It might get some flack for being so gun related after the VT shootings but so what.

The end was great. 3 HOMELESS!
Athena1999 wrote:
AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 8:45 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7971Montgomery, AL
[quote="Chozen"e00][quote="triplemultiplex"e00]Probably the best aspect of this episode was all four boys cooperating on a way to save their parents. They seem pretty skilled with cutting torches and welding equipment.

See you in six months, M&T.[/quotee00]

Matt and Trey don't need your sh*t!!![/quotee00]
triplemultiplex: I didn't care as much for this one as I did for other episodes.
Chozen: DUDE WTF YOU *%&*%ING MORON HOW DARE YOU S*** ON MATT AND TREY'S HARD WORK, STOP (%^*&%ING WATCHING IF YOU DON'T &(^*&^%ING LIKE THEIR PERFECT &$%^# GODLIKE MASTERPIECES YOU *^$%^$#ING *$&^$&^TARD!

Totally mature. Makes ya look real intelligent. :roll:
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 8:46 pm Offline
Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:20 pm23
M00ndragon69 wrote:
Chozen wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:

Oh goody..Another dumbass who freaks out at the slightest criticism of any episode.

agreed, but dont dig the sarcasm..
ImageIt's an Afghanistan goat, so it can't stay here, or else it'll choke on the sweet air of freedom.
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 8:54 pm Offline
Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:06 pm2254New Atlanta, Sector 11, Building 71G
Crow found a few more specific references. Here, I'll quote him:
Quote:
One shot of the homeless wandering around is a duplicate of a brief scene of zombies wandering around Fort Meyers in George Romero's "Day of the Dead." Also, there's a character named "Steven" with a "pregnant woman." And now we've got a "Bub" type homeless person. Glenn's death reminds me of Roger's death... there was also a character named Glenn in the remake of Dawn of the Dead.

And finally, the bus as a distraction was a reference to the modified buses in the "DotD" remake and the "Dead Reckoning" from "Land of the Dead."

Also, it's kind of a humorous reversal, in that one of the social issues Romero wanted to comment on in an early draft of LotD was the homeless, by using the zombies to represent the homeless, of course.

Anyway, great episode, and in my opinion the best parody out of the ones they've done in this run. Although I haven't seen any George Romero movies, I was still able to appreciate the parody elements, which was good. I was laughing so hard at certain scenes, like when the researcher was trying, and failing, to kill himself, or when Randy blew the guy away and later was propping his decapitated body up to show him what was going on. I also loved the comment, "Our parents are just as stupid as this!"

My favorite episodes are the ones focusing on the boys, and this one was good in that they all seemed to get fairly equal roles. Kyle was great as the moralistic one, and Stan's interaction with him made a good running gag. Kenny finally stood up to Cartman, "Hey, shut the f*ck up about my house!" Also, the bus modification scene was pretty cool.

It was kind of subtle, but the whole pied piper scene in luring the homeless to California-- where M&T live! :D

Here's hoping they take the time over the summer to plan out their fall run ahead of time, like they did with this one. It seems to have had pretty good results, as opposed to rushing episodes out in a week's time.
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 8:56 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7971Montgomery, AL
You know, that's only the second time Gerald moved to California. :P
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 9:15 pm Offline
Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:24 pm2965Alberta, Canada
If I had to pick a favourite episode right now, it'd probably be this one.

I'm... I'd liek to try to keep this short and not go on rambly mentions (even though that's GONNA happen) because there were too many REALLY, REALLY awesome parts. I mean... holy craaap. This was... so, so good. What a way to go out on the run, that was great. The running gags... Started off a little slow, ended up a little abruptly, but... wow. That. That was so good.

All of the senseless killing and stuff... the homeless expert shooting himself over, and over, and over - SO. GOOD. Randy showing Glen that everything was okay... Gerald becoming one of the homeless... All of the violence, and the turning on each other! I've never seen a zombie movie before but I know a guy who talks about them a whole lot, and as such, I think that prepared me a little more for the parody.

All four boys were involved and that made me so happy. Kenny got to scream at Cartman again. Kenny did stuff again. They all... that was a GREAT involvement of the boys and the adults. They got the themes, they got the... aahfguidhgifd. I'm... I'm gonna try to shut up now. I'm just so giddy and giggly right now. That. Was. AWESOME.

Aahfduhgd, what a way to go out, I'm totally happy right now... This was so good. So very, very good.
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 9:20 pm Offline
Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:23 pm7
Where I can watch the new episode? Can somebody help me, please? 8)

Sort by  
Page 5 of 14 199 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next