Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 8 of 16 230 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostThu Oct 04, 2007 12:01 pm Offline
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:53 pm122Austria
This is going to be long:

I think I'll give it an 8 or a 9 out of a ten.

pros: It was very funny and the scene with the Tourette's kid whose father left the family because he couldn't take it any more was pretty sad and touching. It wasn't overly preachy too and at least they used ideas of their own instead of making a parody of a film -or worse- a "political" episode.

Another good thing about this episode is the presentation of Eric's character:
I liked the fact that Cartman - for about the first time since season 4 - actually showed real emotion towards somebody other than himself. Admitting that he was in love with Patty and actually being - I think for the first time since his character change in season five, if not the first time ever since the beginning of the series - thankful to Kyle (who had already saved his neck at least two times and is waaaay to kind to Cartman ), was great. I always thought that there was some need to add at least a touch of humanity to his character. Also the things he said when he couldn't control his speech anymore reminded me of what a messed-up kid he is - just like in the Helen Keller-episode, where he saw all these pictures as he closed his eyes and the line "I'm not going to live as a goddamn minority" in "Ginger kids".

cons: The Cartman vs. Kyle formula is getting old and I think Stan needs to get much more screen time (I've given up Kenny a long time ago). Kyle's character used to be/or still is? a little more complex and could be used for other plotlines than his typical protagonist-to-the-Cartman-antagonist-role. I think I liked him most around seasons 3-5 and 7-9. In these seasons he could be both nice and a little brat, but wasn't as cruel as in seasons 1, 2 and 6 and didn't act like a goody-goody as in "Manbearpig". He became too much of a mouthpiece for M&T in season 10 and 11 for my taste. I still like him, though - he is pretty much the one who comes closest to an actual human being. Kenny is a prop, Stan doesn't seem to care anymore about anything at all (except for Kyle, maybe). I mean, he didn't even shout at the Rob Schneider-guy in "Stanley's cup", and Cartman is just vastly exaggerated. Don't get me wrong, I love all these characters.

Despite all this, I have to say I really enjoyed season 11 and this my third favourite episode right after "Fantastic easter special" and "Cartman Sucks".

PS: I don't get it why Craig is the one with the "I'd be sooo happy"-line. I mean, he has the tic of flipping off people himself. I've always considered Craig as sb who has tourette's himself. Actually, I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't mention it in the episode, as I expected them to after watching the trailers.
Probably M&T just forgot about his tic or his role is a parody on the fact that he has a tic himself, who knows?
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostThu Oct 04, 2007 12:20 pm Offline
Mon May 08, 2006 4:12 pm82Toronto
Actually the whole thing with Craig offering to do the TS kid's laundry was sort of gay....

Is this a sign that Craig maybe the 1 in 10?
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostThu Oct 04, 2007 1:29 pm Offline
Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:06 pm1782Indiana
Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:
Ok, I wasn’t so sure about that episode, but I have to admit, it picked up at the mid point. It looked like it was going to be some sort of lame reprise of It Hits the Fan, but it seems that, well, it wasn’t. It was just about sh*t, and some of the random obscenities made me lol. PISS OUT OF MY ASS! ME AND MY COUSIN TOUCH WIENERS! Etc etc etc. That part with the pedophiles also made me lol.

The formula of the episode was fairly typical. Cartman plotting something, Kyle tries to stop him, things don’t go out as planned, with some weird twist in the end, in this case, Kyle accidentally attracting a bunch of pedo weirdoes to the Date Line studio, and saving Cartman’s ass. :P

The start of the episode would have been 7/10, and the end would be 9/10, so I’ma give this thing an 8/10. Nothing too out of the ordinary, and progressively amusing. Let's hope the rest of the season can pick up! :P

I agree completely.
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostThu Oct 04, 2007 1:46 pm Offline
Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:16 pm1526
That was a good episode.
AVENGED SEVENFOLD 4 EVER!!!
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostThu Oct 04, 2007 2:08 pm Offline
Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:47 pm114Finland
This episode was soooo good. I've watched it three times already. I think it topped WATJJ as my S11 favourite so far. :P The best scenes were when Cartman started to say things he really didn't mean to come out like the cousin-wiener thing omg I rofled XD

But I really hope this is the last Cartman-centered episode of the season, there has been so many already... I'm hoping for more Stan and Kenny!
[center]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people!"
"Now how about our gay couple, Stan and Kyle?"
[/center]
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostThu Oct 04, 2007 2:11 pm Offline
Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:16 pm1526
MY COUSIN AND I TOUCHED WEENERS!
I WET MY BED LAST NIGHT!
SHITBALLS!
If I said tampon-dick to my teacher, I would be so happy!

That was so funny.
AVENGED SEVENFOLD 4 EVER!!!
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostThu Oct 04, 2007 2:28 pm Offline
Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:06 pm1782Indiana
sunfl0wer wrote:
But I really hope this is the last Cartman-centered episode of the season.

That's not going to happen by a long shot. There's still like 6 episodes left.
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostThu Oct 04, 2007 2:29 pm Offline
Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:27 am1594OHIO
plk12345 wrote:
how many times did they use the word "sh*t" in this?

Just watched it again. I counted 30 even.
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostThu Oct 04, 2007 2:59 pm Offline
Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:33 am4354Liverpool, UK
ahah, this was the best episode

The simplistic humour was what got to me most. Kids sitting in a circle all swearing and twitching at random times? I was laughing throughout the entire thing, and had to watch it 4 times to catch everything that was said. The guy who kept yelling 'PISS IN MY ASS' was absolutely hilarious, and every time he began speaking I was cracking up right away, just because I was expecting another nugget of an obscenity. Cartman's slurs were pretty funny, but the only real LOL was when he called Kyle's mom a kike [Which I didn't even laugh to at first, it just took a few seconds for the shock to set in then for the lulz to roll out. Best line of the show], which I thought was the worst thing said.

Craig felt repetitive, although his last line saved his role for me. Aww, all he wants to do is swear. I'm calling that slash art of him and that other tourettes kid is on deviantart right now.

[EDIT: holy lmao]

Best episode of the season as of now, a fully deserved 10/10. I have no idea who that Hansen person is, but I get the jist of him being one of those slimy assh*les who stitch up people, so I'm glad he got parody'd. Also; was that David Blaine killing himself because there were no brownies? :lol:

I hope that this standard is kept, I really do. If so, it's suiting up to be one of the best seasons so far.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostThu Oct 04, 2007 3:17 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
:o I almost forgot! Did anyone else notice that the Super Adventure Club founder was on the toy store's signs? :lol:
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostThu Oct 04, 2007 3:18 pm Offline
Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:36 pm3912California, where the homeless are.
BRMBug wrote:
:o I almost forgot! Did anyone else notice that the Super Adventure Club founder was on the toy store's signs? :lol:

YES! I was thinking of saying that, as you just did too. You beat me to it. :lol:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostThu Oct 04, 2007 3:55 pm Offline
Tue May 03, 2005 9:42 am70Seattle
did anyone catch the reference to them going on national television and winning an emmy?

Cartmans the main reason why most people watch the show - episodes focused on Kyle or Stan are like the least funniest - episodes focuses are cartman are the funniest

easy

anywayz - awesome episode again

one time my cousin and I touched wein, weeeeein, weeeeeiners
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostThu Oct 04, 2007 4:12 pm Offline
Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:24 pm2965Alberta, Canada
swellman7 wrote:

Welp, there's been a follow up to that now:
http://tsa-usa.org/news/1007responseTSA ... ettes.html

They seem to be a little more neutral on the episode, but they aren't spewing irrational hate or anything, so it's not bad. Kinda like how at the beginning of season 11 it was assumed WATJJ was going to cause a lot of sh*t and yet it was well-received by the group in question.

Still like the episode, and I'm going to watch it again soon - it was really fantastic.
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostThu Oct 04, 2007 5:02 pm Offline
Mon May 08, 2006 4:12 pm82Toronto
Quote:
But I really hope this is the last Cartman-centered episode of the season.

I have disagree, Cartman eps are always really great.

However I am a little done with episodes that pit Cartman against Kyle.

But an episode like Scott Tenorman Must die is a good example of a Cartman episode that isn't Cartman vs Kyle archetype.
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostThu Oct 04, 2007 5:59 pm Offline
Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:26 pm29San Diego, California
Jay C wrote:
Best episode of the season as of now, a fully deserved 10/10. I have no idea who that Hansen person is, but I get the jist of him being one of those slimy assh*les who stitch up people, so I'm glad he got parody'd.

IMO you can't fully appreciate the episode or get the most humor out of it if you don't know about Chris Hansen and Dateline To Catch a predator because that's was the main focus of the second half of the episode and i thought it was hilarious. without that part it wouldn't have been as funny but now it deserves a 10/10

Sort by  
Page 8 of 16 230 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next