Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 11 of 16 230 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostSun Oct 07, 2007 1:43 pm Offline
Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:06 pm2254New Atlanta, Sector 11, Building 71G
Good ep. Got off to a fairly predictable and slow start, but by the end I was laughing hysterically. Especially the parts with Chris Hansen.

Also, I've always considered Liane to be Cartman's mother. Mephesto said that hermaphrodites can't give birth, but if he's going to go that far, it's also true that hermaphrodites are sterile, so she could not have been Cartman's biological father either.
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostSun Oct 07, 2007 2:08 pm Offline
Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:16 pm740
lol, that chris hansen sh*t was funny, as well as the pedophile depiction
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostSun Oct 07, 2007 2:30 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:37 pm1208New York.....Just kidding.
I Loved the way Matt n Trey make fun of celebrites and actors.
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostSun Oct 07, 2007 2:56 pm Offline
Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:43 pm46
Sad. Another one-trick-pony episode relying on cheap laughs.

The "sh*t" episode was funny. This one, to me, was just lame and predictable.

In my opinion there hasn't been a good episode since "Cartman Sucks". Ever since "Lice Capades" something has been different and I don't like it.
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostSun Oct 07, 2007 3:18 pm Offline
Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:36 pm3912California, where the homeless are.
Wow.....
How can you not like South Park?
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostSun Oct 07, 2007 4:47 pm Offline
Um, I love South Park. 10 and a half seasons worth, in fact.

This episode I thought they had two or three gags and just kept repeating them over and over for cheap laughs - "Chris Haaaaaaaaaansen" just like "Chaaaaaaaaaange? have you got any chaaaaaaaaange?" which I didn't find particularly funny either. I was looking forward to a Dateline parody and I just thought it wasn't thought out or clever at all. The only things I got a kick out of were 'have a seat over there...no just have a seat' and the tourette's chick that shakes her head and snaps her fingers.

The last 6 episodes they have released, to me at least, have all been built on cheap laughs. They've changed formats or something and I don't like it.

To each their own, if you like the new direction that's cool, but doesn't everyone agree something has changed in the last 6 or 7 episodes?
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostSun Oct 07, 2007 6:05 pm Offline
Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:41 pm41Well first I rode to Egypt with a penguin on a snow mobile and then i rode with a camel on a tourbus
I thought it was awesome and i pledge to call at least eight people a c**k nose this upcoming week!

8/10 :wink:
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostSun Oct 07, 2007 6:47 pm Offline
Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:02 am22
5/5 Very good episode
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostSun Oct 07, 2007 6:51 pm Offline
Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:19 pm9
SterileEyes wrote:
Um, I love South Park. 10 and a half seasons worth, in fact.

This episode I thought they had two or three gags and just kept repeating them over and over for cheap laughs - "Chris Haaaaaaaaaansen" just like "Chaaaaaaaaaange? have you got any chaaaaaaaaange?" which I didn't find particularly funny either. I was looking forward to a Dateline parody and I just thought it wasn't thought out or clever at all. The only things I got a kick out of were 'have a seat over there...no just have a seat' and the tourette's chick that shakes her head and snaps her fingers.

The last 6 episodes they have released, to me at least, have all been built on cheap laughs. They've changed formats or something and I don't like it.

To each their own, if you like the new direction that's cool, but doesn't everyone agree something has changed in the last 6 or 7 episodes?

I totally completely agree with you 100%. I have been telling everyone that are fans of South Park this. I think Matt and Trey know too, but I don't blame them it must be f*cking ridiculously hard to be clever, intelligent, and original every episode. Maybe their well has temporarily run dry, or they are just not putting much effort it right now...whatever the cause, it is a shame, but I do not hold it against them whatsoever. South Park was amazing for 10 years (not so much Stanley cup), but every episode in season 11 still had it's moments...it's just that overall they we're not amazing, and were often repetitive in their jokes.
something that explains what I am
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostSun Oct 07, 2007 10:28 pm Offline
Sounds like we're on the same page. I feel that Satan's costume party and Cartman Sucks were the last great episodes of South Park. Go Dog Go and Stanley's Cup didn't do it for me, the first two of this season were good, and then something went wrong.

I love the show and the concept that they do them in a week...and since at least season 7 I've thought to myself 'sooner or later they're gonna run out of steam and it will get predictable and cheap'...I was always pleasantly surprised and proven wrong until recently. I just feel like they're getting a little too comfortable.

But, as I keep saying, to each their own. I'm not going to say 'you need therapy if you found that funny' like some people on the forum say 'you need therapy if you didn't find that hilarious'. They're called opinions, we're just sharing ours.

Here's to a better season ending...
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostMon Oct 08, 2007 11:48 am Offline
Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:20 pm134
I enjoyed the episode a lot, especially for a Cartman one. I guess I'm one of the few who isn't sick of Cartman vs Kyle.

What's bothering me about the show, though, is that Matt and Trey seem like all they're doing now is going out of their way to use as much profanity as possible. They make their plot revolve around that, rather than coming up with an interesting story and seeing how well the naughtiness can fit into that.
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostMon Oct 08, 2007 1:22 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:38 pm45The Snake Den
I thought that the guy from dateline(Chris Hansen) was going to sue Matt and Trey for "improper use of his name" or some other bullsh*t. Its just a f*cking show. I give 1108 9/10
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
-Jim Morrison
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostMon Oct 08, 2007 1:44 pm Offline
Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:22 am24
even though the episode was slightly predictable, in still found it hilarious!

I do miss some of the older stories where everything was original, and not a parody all the time.

Also, did anyone else notice a major lack of stan? its a shame that they gave him no lines at all, as he is one of the best characters!
Yes, at first I was happy to be learning how to read. It seemed exciting and magical, but then I read this: Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. I read every last word of this garbage, and because of this piece of sh*t, I am never reading again
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostMon Oct 08, 2007 7:02 pm Offline
Wed May 24, 2006 11:17 am287Glasgow, Scotland
I personally don't have a problem with the new direction South Park has. It only really had a small parody of real life event (Nightline) whereas the rest of it was people dealing with Tourettes and someone taking advantage of it to get sympathy.
Re: *1108: Le Petit Tourette* PostTue Oct 09, 2007 10:02 am Offline
Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:16 pm740
probably the best episode so far in season 11, maybe after the easter special
Last edited by plk12345 on Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
Page 11 of 16 230 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next