Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 36 of 42 617 posts Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 42  Next
Re: *1110: Imaginationland* PostSun Oct 21, 2007 12:12 pm Offline
Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:36 pm3912California, where the homeless are.
^^^^^^

Freddy Cruger, The Buggy Man, "It" the Clown, and many other nightmares.

(Please add to my list if you have any. Lets make a list of possible things, starting now. :wink: )
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Re: *1110: Imaginationland* PostSun Oct 21, 2007 12:19 pm Offline
Wed May 17, 2006 11:29 am1796Officially THE Crappiest Town in Britain, Middlesbrough
Edduyasha wrote:

Back to the episode...what do you guys think is behind The Wall?

I can't help but think/wish some kind of Pink Floyd reference is gunna slip in sometime during the next episode. It'd be cool if one of the Evil Imaginations is the Evil School Teacher from the music video for 'ABitW' - which would be followed by some random reference of the other bits of animation from that mv. :D
crazyQH wrote:
Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
Re: *1110: Imaginationland* PostSun Oct 21, 2007 12:40 pm Offline
Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:55 am2729
EPAF wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:

I can't help but think/wish some kind of Pink Floyd reference is gunna slip in sometime during the next episode. It'd be cool if one of the Evil Imaginations is the Evil School Teacher from the music video for 'ABitW' - which would be followed by some random reference of the other bits of animation from that mv. :D

Oh, I know! I love that movie...and wasn't the Honourable Judge Worm part of Pink's delusions...his drug-induced imagination, if you may?
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Re: *1110: Imaginationland* PostSun Oct 21, 2007 12:47 pm Offline
Wed May 17, 2006 11:29 am1796Officially THE Crappiest Town in Britain, Middlesbrough
Edduyasha wrote:
EPAF wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:

Oh, I know! I love that movie...and wasn't the Honourable Judge Worm part of Pink's delusions...his drug-induced imagination, if you may?

Not sure, but I think so - it's been a while since I watched the film, but it would make for some awesome easter-eggs if some of those imaginations as well as some of the animated objects (ie. the walking hammers :D) featured in the episode, even for a second - that would make me happy.

"HEY...terrorists - leave them imaginations alone!"
crazyQH wrote:
Re: *1110: Imaginationland* PostSun Oct 21, 2007 12:59 pm Offline
EPAF wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:
EPAF wrote:

Not sure, but I think so - it's been a while since I watched the film, but it would make for some awesome easter-eggs if some of those imaginations as well as some of the animated objects (ie. the walking hammers :D) featured in the episode, even for a second - that would make me happy.

"HEY...terrorists - leave them imaginations alone!"

They did have a talking hammer in the first part...if that counts for anything. It'd be intresting to see the psychopathic mother behind the wall. Those would be really awesome Easter Eggs if you ask me, though...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Re: *1110: Imaginationland* PostSun Oct 21, 2007 1:02 pm Offline
Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:44 am3
ShaneHaughey wrote:
raye7001 wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:
These things have killed the fandom:
1- Slashers en masse. A few slash stories amongst all the genres is perfectly fine, but when it becomes the vast majority of the stories it ruins many writers' desire to, well, write. It is annoying to work really hard on a story and have no one read it because everyone is going ape sh*t over the 100,000 Stan/Kyle fic that isn't any better than something the good writer
could write in five minutes.
2- Fan Legions. When fans become too devoted to an author or a genre, they become fanatical about how great each story of theirs is. Do you know how it feels to read an average fic and give some good, constructive criticism, only to have a page of reviews blast you for not thinking Tweek-Damien was the best pairing ever? This applies to authors too. So many sh*tty writers have like four fans who just give glowing reviews to every story and stall any growth by burning any possible advice.
3- Elitists. A few writers got so wrapped up in themselves that their belief in superiority became evident. Every little detail in your story is ran over with a fine toothed comb until some minor flaw is found, while their stories are often riddled with flaws just as bad. Informing them of this means you will get a lecture as to why you are wrong and they are right. Also, they believe every idea they come up with is gold. An example follows;
An elitist gives a writer a joke about Cartman f*cking a chicken to use in a fic. The writer declines.
The elitist then gives the fic a sh*tty Beta read because his joke isn't in there.
Because of the sh*tty Beta read as well as the drama that has started, the writer stops writing the story.

Basically, all three are tied into internet Ego.
The slashers are eventually led to believe they are good writers because slash fans give almost every one a great review. The writer churns out more crap. The fans start writing stories because they want to read and type slash 24/7; they get glowing reviews and write more crap.
Fan Legions are usually friends of the author, or rabid fans of the genre. Their belief in the superiority of their author/genre means that the author will churn out pure sh*t time and time again while Genre fans boost the ego of almost every writer in their genre.
Elitists need to only stroke their own cock. After one or two great fics, their ego is so overpowered that nothing can stop them.

These three things kill many writers' willingless to continue in fanfiction.

@Evocati- About time someone pointed out what was funny about the song.

So basically slashers are the bane of the South Park fandom? That's not shallow. Nope, not narrow minded at all.

I love it how you completely generalize slashers as whiny, elitist, and terrible writers who throw a fit when their favorite pairing is brought down. Sadly, yes, there are quite a few people who fit that stereotype (not that I've seen much), but guess what. Not EVERYONE fits your degraded stereotype! There are people who can worship a boyxboy pairing and still be into CartmanxWendy or whatever and accepting of others criticism and people's views. And they certainly don't make themselves sound like complete homophobes who play the blame game on who ruined what fandom.

I do agree that horrible badfics are spawned now and then by embarrasing fangirls, but why do you feel the need to pick on slashfics for this? What about other fanfiction such as het and gen? And excuse me if some people can't write like some professional novelist to suit your standards. And what about the nice little rule "Don't like it, stay the hell away from it"?

It's fun to poke and rant about how lame some fanwork is, but from the way you wrote it, it sounds like you hand-picked out all the bad slash writers in all the wrong places and used them as the base for your argument that they are the reason for making fandom so terrible. Fandom was never a pretty thing to start out with, and when it comes to idiots, nothing to be taken seriously. And appearing like a homophobe hiding within the proverbial "acceptable because it's hetero" box won't make it any better.

1- A slasher is someone who writes nothing but slash and doesn't consider the quality of the work. Hence the name slasher; not only do they write slash, but they hurt the fandom.
2- The rest of your post ignores that I said a few slash fics are fine. Nowhere did I say, "OMFG, GAY PEOPLE SUCK AND SLASH SUCK!" I'm for gay marriage and slash can be done just as well as any other genre.
3- Expand your mind, idiot, before you post your ignorant comments again.

Didn't know "slasher" has its own definition now. I understood it as people who've written slash in general.

"Slashers en masse. A few slash stories amongst all the genres is perfectly fine, but when it becomes the vast majority of the stories it ruins many writers' desire to, well, write. It is annoying to work really hard on a story and have no one read it because everyone is going ape sh*t over the 100,000 Stan/Kyle fic that isn't any better than something the good writer
could write in five minutes."

I've heard this myth get thrown around before, but I've never actually seen it happen myself despite constantly lurking in places like DA and FF. The pairing wars apply to anything, het and slash, and that's always a rotten thing in a fandom. Males happen to greatly outnumber the females in South Park, bringing about this whole "slash" deal. And that's my end of this topic in this thread.

On the topic of fandom, if anything like that happens to be behind the wall, my brain is gonna pop. There's been many great guesses, but the truth shall have to be revealed in a few days.
Re: *1110: Imaginationland* PostSun Oct 21, 2007 1:12 pm Offline
Edduyasha wrote:
They did have a talking hammer in the first part...if that counts for anything.

True. But say, for example, (and although we don't know how if at all, the "Evil" Imaginations will relate to the Good imaginations) they'll do a good/evil balance of Imaginations, they might include the walking Hammer like an Evil opposite of the talking hammer in Part 1.

So where in Part 1, we had a very smiley, happy talking Hammer, the "Evil" side could have some kind of cold-hearted Red & Black communist-thinking hammer as a visual reference to 'The Wall'.
crazyQH wrote:
Re: *1110: Imaginationland* PostSun Oct 21, 2007 1:31 pm Offline
Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:27 am1594OHIO
Dunno if this has been posted yet, but apparently their were originally thoughts of making this into a feature length film. The guy is an animator or something for the show. This also confirms that it will indeed be a trilogy.
Re: *1110: Imaginationland* PostSun Oct 21, 2007 1:41 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:37 pm1208New York.....Just kidding.
swellman7 wrote:
Dunno if this has been posted yet, but apparently their were originally thoughts of making this into a feature length film. The guy is an animator or something for the show. This also confirms that it will indeed be a trilogy.

I knew it all along this episode is going to be trilogy.
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
Re: *1110: Imaginationland* PostSun Oct 21, 2007 1:42 pm Offline
EPAF wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:
They did have a talking hammer in the first part...if that counts for anything.

True. But say, for example, (and although we don't know how if at all, the "Evil" Imaginations will relate to the Good imaginations) they'll do a good/evil balance of Imaginations, they might include the walking Hammer like an Evil opposite of the talking hammer in Part 1.

So where in Part 1, we had a very smiley, happy talking Hammer, the "Evil" side could have some kind of cold-hearted Red & Black communist-thinking hammer as a visual reference to 'The Wall'.

Hehe...that's true.

:cartmanlaugh:

Waiting...for...the...worms!

Good and evil balance...? Hmm...who knows. If this will really be a trilogy...wow...that means that the final part will air Halloween night! Creepy and fitting all the same time!

:shock:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Re: *1110: Imaginationland* PostSun Oct 21, 2007 1:46 pm Offline
Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:08 am8Tennessee
It is amazing to me how much buzz this three-parter is getting. The Imaginationland episode is really sparking everyone's imaginations to see what's going to happen.

I haven't read all the replies so I don't know if this has been said yet. My take on Cartman is not that he's gay or the ball sucking has to do with pleasing the fandom or revealing something about Cartman's sexuality.

Cartman gets sexual pleasure out of the pain of others, ex: when he gets Butters beaten by his parents in Jared Has Aides he says "Aw, man, if I was older, I would totally start jacking off right now." Obvious sexual tones. By trying to force Kyle to do a sexual act against his will Cartman wants to rape Kyle. Rape is about power and Cartman wants to gain power over Kyle through causing him pain and humiliation and bending him to his will. Cartman is a rapist at heart.

Damn, I feel weird now. Cartman's my favorite character. Then again, Alex de Large from A Clockwork Orange is a favorite character of mine with the same mindset.

It's also funny to read people debating about M&T's involvement with the board and fandom. M&T are like God. We're all little minions running around theorizing about the unanswerable question of how involved the "Creator" is in our lives. Did M&T create our world then put it on a shelf and never return? Does the Creator care about what we do and say? Does (x) prove that the Creator is watching? Maybe M&T don't even exist and we're all deluding ourselves...

:shock:
"OH f*ck JESUS!!"
Re: *1110: Imaginationland* PostSun Oct 21, 2007 1:55 pm Offline
Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:47 pm1340Binghamton, NY. It sucks
swellman7 wrote:

:shock: Holy sh*t. Wow, just goes to show if they were to do another movie, it could be completed in a relatively short period of time. Not that that's a surprise considering the short production time of episodes, but wow.

And I'm wicked psyched about this being a trilogy. :] God I freakin' can't wait for Wednesday. I mean, if it was going to be a possible feature length film, I'm sure the next two episodes are going to be extremely awesome, just as the first one was.
Re: *1110: Imaginationland* PostSun Oct 21, 2007 2:09 pm Offline
He said that they'd began working on it since 12th July. So if that's correct, that means that they've had just over 3 months to work on this "trilogy". And if THAT is the case......then that MUST mean that these episodes are going to be ULTRA-awesome to find out and watch. :D

Considering that they usually make an episode in 6 days, spending 3 months to create 3 episodes based on the same storyline to form a trilogy, must mean something great.
crazyQH wrote:
Re: *1110: Imaginationland* PostSun Oct 21, 2007 2:11 pm Offline
Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:12 am74uk
Duuuuuuudes.
Cartman is trying to humiliate Kyle, it has NOTHING to do with him being gay. You don't know your orientation until you're in your early teens anyway.

Back to the episode, what horrible things are behind the wall? I'm guessing;

Beyonce's next album
My ex-boyfriend
The 07 Spring/Summer collection by Prada (tassles, ugh!)
Egg Nog
2 guys (the Trump and Bill Clinton) 1 cup.No wait, that would be hot...
Re: *1110: Imaginationland* PostSun Oct 21, 2007 2:17 pm Offline
Mon May 08, 2006 4:12 pm82Toronto
ShaneHaughey wrote:
No, believe me, they have never read any of the fanfiction. If they did, they'd more than likely tear our ideas to shreds.:P

ShaneHaughey wrote:
I'd doubt that. Matt Stone is the only one with serious input that might even have had a faraway remote chance of reading fanfiction as he deals more often with the site. However, according to chats, he doesn't. So I doubt it.

Big-Will wrote:
As for Matt and Trey, they probably read this board to see how we're reacting to the episodes, and if they're really bored, to read fanfics. Nall, who from time to time hears from Matt, hasn't said anything about them commenting on the fanfics.

So ShaneHaughey doesn't have the inside scoop on Matt and Trey?

Sort by  
Page 36 of 42 617 posts Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 42  Next