Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 28 of 32 468 posts Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Re: *1114: The List* PostWed Nov 21, 2007 11:45 am Offline
Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:27 pm579Ohio
SoDope wrote:
So if Cartman was really at the bottom of the list. Who was at the top? Stan? Kyle?

All we know is that is isn't Clyde or Cartman. Everyone else is fair game.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Re: *1114: The List* PostWed Nov 21, 2007 12:18 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
That'll appear in the second deleted scene, and there's no second deleted scene. :P
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1114: The List* PostWed Nov 21, 2007 4:01 pm Offline
Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:35 am491In Kyle's heart :).....ok fine, Australia!
Didn't they kinda give clues of who was really on the top? like giving us clues to figure it out? cause I've been trying to add it all up and I'm pretty close to the answer. Or maybe I'm just making too much of a big deal out of this. :lol:
Stan x Wendy for life!

Favorite Character- Kyle
Favorite Episode- The List
Re: *1114: The List* PostThu Nov 22, 2007 12:58 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18779I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Just move whoever was under Craig up a notch.
Re: *1114: The List* PostThu Nov 22, 2007 6:11 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Pip303 wrote:
I'm just making too much of a big deal out of this. :lol:

This.
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1114: The List* PostThu Nov 22, 2007 9:23 am Offline
Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:22 pm32
I thought this was a very good episode. The episode was funny, it's great to see Kenny gets some TV Time again, even Cartman & Butters was decent as they got TV Time but not a lot to the point were they were hogging the whole episode. It was also cool to go bak to see Kenny die again & Stan & Wendy be together again. All in all good way to end the 11th season.
Re: *1114: The List* PostFri Nov 23, 2007 7:25 am Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:13 am40Hong Kong, China
Thrawny wrote:
A SouthPark Orange wrote:
Pip Tweek wrote:

True.

I know it was out of character for Butters to rip on Kyle and Cartman

I don't think that it was actually out of character for Butters.
He laughed at Cartman in Ginger Kids, said "f*ck you, Eric" in Christian Rock Hard and "sh*t" in Imaginationland, has his alter ego Professor Chaos, got his revenge on Cartman in Awesom-O and wanted that Mormon kid Gary to be beaten up by Stan- for which he didn't actually had a reason. It's just his repressed side showing. Butters isn't as cute and innocent as some people make him out to be - he's still one of my three favourite characters along with Cartman and Kyle, though.

@stupidrandy: It would be logical for Cartman to do so, but the joke wouldn't work out if he did.

Thats the point I have been making all along. We will probobly see more of this side of Butters. Haven't you also noticed that he seems to be more respected and liked by the other boys?

Fellows, glad to see the new evidences.

Sorry that I forgot to say: I DO think Butters' bad behavior in "The List" effectively originated from the Imaginationland trilogy, and I also addressed his deterioration back then.

For "Christian Rock Hard"... Butters' hesitation before swearing at Cartman is enough to explain the difference. Don't forget in "The List" he berates Kyle and Cartman almost without feeling bad at all.

The Professor Chaos thing is also different by two points.
One: Butters adopted that as an alter-ego rather than throw it out in the open like what he's doing now -- and he even reduced his alter-ego into something just for fun (by the time of "Go God Go"), which means he did not treat his Prof Chaos very seriously after all;
Two: He became Prof Chaos because he thought he's outcast. But now he showed none of that "isolated" feeling (I believe he is still honest enough to express what he feel about that).

And one more thing... sorry for not having watched the Mormon episode, but most of Butters' misbehavior in the past (mostly as himself, plus some as Prof Chaos) were almost always against Cartman. I tend to think it's Cartman's fault by then. If he's not teasing Kyle (*without* Cartman's manipulation!!) in this episode I won't have my nerve caught.
A Chinese Butters wearing a Bavarian shirt
Re: *1114: The List* PostFri Nov 23, 2007 2:29 pm Offline
Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:04 pm1
I'm new to these message boards, so perhaps I've missed a trick somewhere - it's interesting the amount of analysis I've just read on the topic of Leopold 'Butters' 'The One' Stotch. I'm not a psychiatrist - more of a patient - but I know enough to understand that one of the predominant formative factors in a child's behaviour tends to be the parents (No - I'm not retyping behaviour to the American spelling little red line as I am English, god help me). I'm not saying that Cartman's persecution over the years hasn't had any effect on Butters, but let's face it - this is a kid scared of being the ugliest boy in class for one reason, and that is that his parents would ground him. You only have to look at the ending of the 'Cartman Sucks' episode to see just how confused he is at his Dad's behaviour - and that's kinda been evident since his very own episode. Something is amiss in the Stotch household and always has been. Would you expect anything less from any family based in South Park? The sheer joy he shows at being '#11' is based in his fear of being last (OK - I forget the number). His deep rooted fear of being grounded - and this surely is a fear of being further isolated from his peers for whatever period of time, as his peers provide the only true stability in his life because he sees them as equals with whom he can genuinely interact. Yes, they may occasionally make him seem foolish, but he is learning that this can work the opposite way - whereas at home he is clearly a permanent subordinate. It's only natural that he should begin to exercise some of that power over his peers over time - though it is wholly unnatural that I should sit here and dissect the emotional character of a cartoon.
Re: *1114: The List* PostFri Nov 23, 2007 2:43 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
moongod wrote:
Butters Analysis.

You should look at the threads in the Character Discussion forum.

moongod wrote:
The sheer joy he shows at being '#11' is based in his fear of being last (OK - I forget the number).

Yes, it was #11. And wouldn't any guy fear being last if it's girls who are evaluating them? Consider Stan, who even though he put up a tough exterior when Wendy told him he'd make a good father (after the egg experiment he told her he didn't care what she thought), didn't want Wendy to think he was a failure.

As for #11, it's #1 - twice. ;) :)
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1114: The List* PostFri Nov 23, 2007 6:20 pm Offline
Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:06 pm172
moongod wrote:
I'm new to these message boards, so perhaps I've missed a trick somewhere - it's interesting the amount of analysis I've just read on the topic of Leopold 'Butters' 'The One' Stotch. I'm not a psychiatrist - more of a patient - but I know enough to understand that one of the predominant formative factors in a child's behaviour tends to be the parents (No - I'm not retyping behaviour to the American spelling little red line as I am English, god help me). I'm not saying that Cartman's persecution over the years hasn't had any effect on Butters, but let's face it - this is a kid scared of being the ugliest boy in class for one reason, and that is that his parents would ground him. You only have to look at the ending of the 'Cartman Sucks' episode to see just how confused he is at his Dad's behaviour - and that's kinda been evident since his very own episode. Something is amiss in the Stotch household and always has been. Would you expect anything less from any family based in South Park? The sheer joy he shows at being '#11' is based in his fear of being last (OK - I forget the number). His deep rooted fear of being grounded - and this surely is a fear of being further isolated from his peers for whatever period of time, as his peers provide the only true stability in his life because he sees them as equals with whom he can genuinely interact. Yes, they may occasionally make him seem foolish, but he is learning that this can work the opposite way - whereas at home he is clearly a permanent subordinate. It's only natural that he should begin to exercise some of that power over his peers over time - though it is wholly unnatural that I should sit here and dissect the emotional character of a cartoon.

Well reasoned.
--------------------

Thrawny
Re: *1114: The List* PostThu Jan 10, 2008 5:09 pm Offline
Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:31 pm5
I absolutely loved this episode. I had a feeling that Stan and Wendy would be getting back together, and that puking scene at the end was the highlight of the whole season. For me, at least. ;D
Loved Kyle's bit with the lighter in his room, and I adored the "Pickle Kid."
Happy to see Cartman's & Butters parts shortened to some funny parts, instead of those huge long sagas those two normally get.
The only thing I didn't absolutely love was Wendy's new voice, as I adored her old high pitched squeaky one.
Oh well.
Can't wait to see their relationship in season twelve (unless Cartman and Butters take over again... :roll: !
WENDY TESTABURGER KICKS ASS!
Re: *1114: The List* PostFri Jan 11, 2008 11:12 pm Offline
Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:14 pm646
I really think that the edited scene where Eric sits with the ugly kids and gets ridiculed by Butters was needed in this episode. I thought it ended too quickly.

:unhoodedkenny: and Kenny had a role in this episode. Woo hoo!
Re: *1114: The List* PostFri Jan 11, 2008 11:43 pm Offline
Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:49 pm368I have Deviant Art!
Unhooded Kenny wrote:
I really think that the edited scene where Eric sits with the ugly kids and gets ridiculed by Butters was needed in this episode. I thought it ended too quickly.

:unhoodedkenny: and Kenny had a role in this episode. Woo hoo!
It wasn't Eric who sat with the ugly kids it was Kyle Yay Kenny! :unhoodedkenny:
Re: *1114: The List* PostFri Jan 11, 2008 11:45 pm Offline
Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:57 pm1018Earth definetly... most likely somewhere on land
^In the deleted scene cartman sits next to the ugly kids
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
Re: *1114: The List* PostFri Jan 11, 2008 11:47 pm Offline
Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:49 pm368I have Deviant Art!
polymorph wrote:
^In the deleted scene cartman sits next to the ugly kids

Really? :unhoodedkenny:

Sort by  
Page 28 of 32 468 posts Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next