Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 19 285 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
Brilliant New Episode PostWed Mar 12, 2008 8:20 pm Offline
Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:00 pm1
The creaters of South Park (MnT) continue to amaze me with their sense of humor & comedic timing more and more each year. They always come thru with a gut busting moment that catches me completely off guard in every episode. The newest episode is no different, when Eric & Kyle desperately asked Magic Johnson if they could look in his room for any clue which might explain how Magic has been able to stay alive & healthy with HIV for so long I didn't expect to see a pile of money stacked all over Magic's room. That is absolutely genius, I wish I had insight and imaginations like those two guys. Wow, I'm still giggling at that one. Congratulations on another awesome season premiere, I can't wait to see what else you guys pull out of the hat.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 8:24 pm Offline
Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:33 pm29Earth
I like this episode, it's one of my favorites of the morr recent seasons, probably #3 out of the last half of the series. I mean, the Kyle/Cartman fake boy crush was funny - the part where Kyle points out Cartman's pun just added to the hilarity - A lot of the lines were classic - Money being the cure to a disease is original.

Although, I don't get why they called it "Tonsil Trouble" - the tonsils play such a minor role in the plot "HIV Trouble" or "AIDS Trouble" would make more sense.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 8:39 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:26 pm68Why do you want to know?
Oh god that was hilarious! It was funny when people assume that kyle and cartman were gay lovers. I couldn't stop blushing because of bad mental image. I don't care what anyone says, i loved it. "I'm HIV-Positive" liked it.
Last edited by Miko hanyou on Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 8:45 pm Offline
Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:18 am4
this episode was the best episode YET.

YET.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 9:19 pm Offline
Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:10 pm2
omg u all need to stop bagging on Cartman. Kyle got what he deserved Kyle shouldnt be laughing at people with Aids and got damn kyle why do you always have to be so got damn HIV Negative.

CARTMAN 4 LIFE :twisted:
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 9:35 pm Offline
Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:31 pm1
As a Biology student I almost died during the scene with the Airline ticket agent when he said "HIV now that's just retro" or something like that. Because HIV is a retrovirus. I was the only one laughing, but it was still funny how they did that.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 9:41 pm Offline
Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:19 pm4
To Whom It May Concern:
Look, it is EXTREMELY important that this message gets to Mr. Parker and Mr. Stone. After several years of intense study, I have learned that both Matt and Trey hide the secrets of their message for each episode in that first scene of each episode. Hidden in plain sight, like the purlioned letter from Edgar Allan Poe. So, I was very angry when I found out they wussed out by making the Tonsil mistake not related to the Tonsilectomy at all. The whole point of that first scene was the final chance to undo the horrible manipulations of Doctors worldwide in tricking children into committing to something even grown adults avoid. Children are not stupid, sweet, and innocent, the whole point behind South Park in the first place. I grew up dealing with Doctors my whole life. I wanted them taken down by the only source I trust to destroy their credibility with the world. This was my chance for real REVENGE. Those doctors treat children like morons. I know South Park believes this because of twelve years of watching them take down everyone except the one guy who they like, the Dog Whisperer. Now, things are, of course, never going to be the same, like Comedy Central said, because now Kyle nad Eric are going to become real friends or the show is going to label them as such as much as possible while Kyle takes the offense and tries to finally hurt Eric back like Eric has always tried to do with Kyle. Mark my words, I know where the show is headed now. I just want Trey and Matt to write me back so we can talk about why they succumbed to the political pressure by the doctors to make the medical mistake not related to the Tonsilectomy like the Comedy Central commercial said it would be. Please help me deal with this. You would be playing Good Samitarian to another guy in a chair, like Timmy, but nowhere near as smart, cool, and awesome. "Goodbye, Dudes"-Kenny, South Park: Bigger, Longer, And Uncut.
Love,
Daniel Ryan Mulligan
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 9:44 pm Offline
Surfdawg121 wrote:
As a Biology student I almost died during the scene with the Airline ticket agent when he said "HIV now that's just retro" or something like that. Because HIV is a retrovirus. I was the only one laughing, but it was still funny how they did that.

Good Job, Genius! You actually got both meanings of the same joke I laughed my ass of at. I thought it was slang for old-fashioned or meant classic. I have hemophilia, so my disease was never cool enough to get any funds, either.
Daniel
This is f***ed up s*** right here,
Daniel Ryan Mulligan
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 9:47 pm Offline
I'm sorry, but one more thing. What about the fact that you can also get HIV from needles? Why didn't the Doctor ask him if he was a junkie?
Daniel
This is f***ed up s*** right here,
Daniel Ryan Mulligan
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 9:54 pm Offline
Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:20 pm176
How freakin brave can you get!? I was just expecting a normal episode. Not only did you make a really refreshing change to the intro, you made an episode I call "That Maude Abortion One x1000". Its to me a little rusty in some spots, and seriously very few, but the quality of the ep doesn't matter as much as the necessity that this here episode be made. People will like it (its so gripping because its so heavy), and people will hate it cos they refuse to see past "Its not funny!" (like some people always do... even though you made Kyle make it funny for saying "its not funny") you and I know thats to be expected. But try not to feel bad at all for this episode, you've made the television universe that much bigger for it. I hope a comment helps if you're worried, I doubt it somehow. And if the hands can only be light years behind the mind, I can't wait to see where you go next. So thank you, thanks a million for the huge surprise (Although can I keep 180,000 of it just in case I get AIDS?)
(And Kyle and Cartman at the end finally reminded me of Spenny and Kenny. I'm surprised it took me so long to make that connection. Derp!)
(And PS: The point, that they don't rag you on because you should know this, is that of course Cartman is bad for infecting Kyle, but Kyle is bad for blatant insensitivity, and ultimately, despite being infected, attacking Cartman. All that rage on both sides makes them both to blame. Of course the "Cartman started it!" defence is still there, but again, I think this is a Kenny/Spenny situation. You know he's awful for doing it, but Spenny's really annoying sometimes, so somehow you feel obliged. I hope the hatred plays into other episodes well...)

And also, didn't this episode just feel looser? Makes the show feel even more instant. (I know I just called the same characteristic rusty... well, I'm a hypocrite)
Last edited by LawrenceTaylor on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 10:03 pm Offline
Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:59 pm1
The best "Who's on First Run" They always raise the bar. HIV positive and Negitive takes the crown. Thank you guys for making comedians work hard.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 10:05 pm Offline
Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:24 pm2965Alberta, Canada
A+ on having pre-ep and post-ep discussion threads. That's so much better.

Beofre I c/p the review I already typed up elsewhere, just a mention that gone are the days where I'd get insanely giggly over new SP episodes (my number one show for about a year and a half, then number two... now it's number seven), so gone are my overly biased stupid opinions. I was expecting this one to kinda suck and, well...

Side note: I really like that new styled opener.

As for the episode, it was mostly cute. I loved the Cartman/Kyle aspect of this because we actually saw them, well, really fighting. Not just yelling at each other or anything but Kyle's rage finally unleashing itself against Cartman to the point where he doesn't even try to fight back just made their general hatred more, uh, real? I'm really not sure but that's just how it felt to me...

4/5 because some parts really did drag. Magic Johnson wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, but yeah, that part did drag. The money WAS silly but at least I was getting that Africa shot I was expecting. And some parts with Cartman and Kyle arguing really did drag - the violence was so much more fun to watch.

At least they acknowledged the HIV positive joke was run into the ground (though it was funny at first), but they ran the joke-denouncing into the ground.

Still. Overall. Pretty cute, some laughs, I liked it.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 10:16 pm Offline
  • YIM
Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:50 pm3709America's Next Door Neighbour, Canada
OMG. XDDDDDDDDDDDD!

That was awesome. Perfect way to start the season. Sorry, but I've always been amused by AIDS.

Even though it was a Kyle/Cartman-based episode, it was played out very different, and therefore I don't really consider it "formula", which is good.

I think Kyle pretty much had it coming. I know he and Cartman never got along, but I knew something bad would happen if Kyle laughed...and sure enough, he got AIDS. He laughed before though, so I can't give him sympothy.

I loved how every time people say Kyle and Cartman are friends, Kyle would say that they weren't friends, and that Cartman gave him AIDS, making them both look totally gay. Cracks me up! As did the whole "I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive!" thing.

Ah, Cartman still is, and most likely always will be one of my top SP characters. XDD

Oh...and the cure for AIDS being cash? f*cking random, but awesome! XDD

EP RATING: 10/10 - Awesome way to start off the season!

...wow I haven't been this spazzy in ages. =P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 10:26 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
8/10. Solid episode. That is all.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 10:35 pm Offline
Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:07 pm215
Yeah this episode wasn't as awesome as the others. I have to agree with a few people on the board. For a bunch of us 'long time watchers' it just doesn't have the same effect as some of the other episodes in the past. I think the show is evolving into something else.

In this episode most of the lines were forced, and it just didn't seem as creative as the ones in the past.
I'm not giving up hope just yet.

:(

Sort by  
Page 3 of 19 285 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next