Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 19 284 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 10:50 pm Offline
Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:26 pm29San Diego, California
It was good in the beginning but got pretty lame toward the end. The Africa joke was funny though. 7/10
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 10:53 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
Cartmanismyhomeboi wrote:
Yeah this episode wasn't as awesome as the others. I have to agree with a few people on the board. For a bunch of us 'long time watchers' it just doesn't have the same effect as some of the other episodes in the past. I think the show is evolving into something else.

In this episode most of the lines were forced, and it just didn't seem as creative as the ones in the past.
I'm not giving up hope just yet.

:(

For a bunch of you LTW, I can see why this route may be uncomfortable. For other LTW, such as myself, this episode was far more creative than....well, let us look at Season 11:
#1101- Fine
#1102- Fine
#1103-#1107- Parodies heavily involved

#1108- Fine
#1109- This one doesn't count.
#1110-#1114- Either pop-culture references up the ass or parodies.

It is even worse in Season 10, if you can believe that. Anywho, the fact is that the show hasn't started it's evolution to something else, it has already evolved to that something else. Now, what is it exactly you didn't like about the episode? I shall list the things that I didn't like:

1- The opening. Time is precious in a comedy show. The opening was meant to serve as a sweet little opening that leads into a crazy story. However, in order for that to work, you have to make sure the punch comes harder than what it did. It just felt slow at first.
2- We didn't have enough scenes with the parents. For people whose kids just contracted a serious illness, they were relegated to a role where you didn't get anything from them beside one scene each(With their kids, mind you.)
3- For being Kyle's best friend, Stan was sure not willing to go with Kyle on teh journey. In fact, he didn't seem that distraught when Kyle said he was infected.
4- Not enough Stan. (Stan is like cowbell, you need more of him all the time.)
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 11:06 pm Offline
Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:16 pm2Chandler, AZ
I absolutely loved the new episode. I thought it was hilarious, and a good way to start off the season. It had good shock value, I always wanted to see what was going to happen next. I loved the gay jokes with Kyle and Cartman. Great job you guys! I can't wait for more.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 11:08 pm Offline
Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:18 pm4
A little overview:

Positive:
+Kyle's display of rage was absolutely spot on in terms of acting and animation. Cartman pushed him further over the edge than ever before in this episode, and it's amazing how much of that emotion they got across through his reactions (especially when he is beating the sh*t out of Cartman with no effort).

+I'm not just sure, I'm HIV POSITIVE. This line was just f*cking hilarious, and even more so when Kyle called him out for it.

+The "childhood innocence" of Kyle saying that Cartman gave him aids and not thinking about how people would kinda take that in a different way.

+Overall the dialog was funny as hell, and that's pretty much the most important thing when it comes to South Park.

+The new opening brings back Stan and Kyle's Duet, which is a little detail I was kinda missing when it was just Kyle in the opening.

Negative:
-This is pretty much the peak of Cartman/Kyle stories for a while. I can't imagine how they could make a better one in its shadow.They should give the rivalry a rest.

-The ending idea of money curing aids was kinda weak, but they executed it pretty ok with the announcement in Africa and Kyle still breaking Cartman's xbox 360.

-Not really a negative, but, they said f*ck a lot more than usual (the situation called for it, after all) and beeps can be a bit annoying. God I hope this dvd isn't censored.

Overall, very solid episode with tons of satisfying moments.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 11:18 pm Offline
Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:28 am10United States
LULZ! OMIGOD, THIS EPISODE IS FULL OF WIN! I LOVE THE GAY! THANK YOU, MATT AND TREY! JIMMY BUFFET! XD TOTALLY TATS! AIDS IS FINALLY FUNNY...AGAIN!

Alright, with my little fangirl scream out of the way, I'll go on. This episode was full of win! It was a great way to start out the new season with a bang. Butters kissing Cartman on the cheek, Cartman getting HIV positive, Kyle getting it, AHHH! What's not to love? I loved every minute of it. The only aspect that could have possibly been improved on was more Stan and Kenny. I know it was supposed to be centered around Kyle and Cartman, what with their rivalry and all, but I just love it when it's all four of the boys. Really, solid job! A+++ <333
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 11:25 pm Offline
Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:36 am215
Brilliant. It was great from start to finish, some of the lines in it were fantastic, it really had me laughing. What a way to start season 12. :D

10/10.
At least we have Đ°ssholes, you dumb girl!
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 11:27 pm Offline
Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm33Melbourne, AU
Glad to see Kyle on the offensive... but Jesus Christ...

Also, the end seemed a bit weak. Usually, they're aren't too silly with endings. Although, in this case, its hidden meaning = good. Just the way they did it was kind of odd.

Overall, a pretty sweet ep :)
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostWed Mar 12, 2008 11:30 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 12:10 am Offline
Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:12 pm1
when will this episode air again? i missed it
-thanks
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 12:29 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
I liked the episode thought it was good kyle was really pissed halfway through and had that constant frown on his face,and some good lines made me laugh.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 1:18 am Offline
Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:22 pm32
Not bad, but definately not great. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm sick of Cartman, I really wish someone would tell Trey & Matt the shows called "South Park", not "the Cartman Show". I'm so bored of Cartman vs. Kyle, enough, time for something new, we get it. Where South Park is forthe past 2 years reminds me of the episode AWESOM-O where Cartman pitches movie ideas with them all featuring Adam Sandler (if I remember), only replace Cartman with Trey & Matt & replace Adam Sandler with Cartman and that's South Park for much of the last 2 years.

In all fairness, there were some good scenes, like the money being the AIDS cure, Kyle destorying Cartmans stuff, & kicking his ass.

I enjoyed Season 11 so we'll see where they go but I still miss the good years (Seasons 1-8) & I wish the show would go back to the four boys.

Not bad for a season premire but I hope the episodes get better from here.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 2:40 am Offline
Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:36 am14Amongst Rednecks
triplemultiplex wrote:

Oh, and yet another piece of evidence that Cartman is gay and has a secret boy-crush on Kyle:
"I sneak into Kyle's room all the time."

LMAO! Now THAT would be good episode. "Cartman Trapped In The Closet"
Not only have I wasted your time with the comment above, but I managed to piss you off simultaneously. You need more control over your own life.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 2:51 am Offline
Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:12 am74uk
I don't know why but that bit where Mr Mackey is trying (and failing miserably) to break up the fight really made me laugh. And personally, having grown up with the whole anti-AIDS thing in the 80s I do find modern attitudes bizarre. Anyway, why did Butters sound like George W?
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 3:40 am Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
My view:

Opening: I look forward each season to the intro, to see what changes. I was almost swept by how cute Stan and Kyle looked talking at once, considering Stan wasn't doing his opening line in a long long time. A fresh look for S12.

Episode Point: The point that Cancer gets more attention then aids was obvious, and I well support it. Despite knowing family members who died to cancer, I don't see why one gets more media coverage and funding over the other. Glad M/T had the guts to call this out.

Episode: i thought was brilliant. The way Cartman got HIV was so stupid it as funny, and his reaction was even more on the ball, ballistic rage and his cursing made him sound more so believeable. "FU*K your Ice cream!"

Kyle acted perfectly, but almost out of character. It's odd Stan was sounding sympathetic (when Eric entered the room) and Kyle ended up laughing, which made me laugh, because I'd do the same. Cartman giving Kyle HIV was messed up, and I'd expect nothing less (Though I expected Cartman to do something sexual to Kyle instead of the needle.) Cartman sneaking into Kyle's room is likely to snoop and steal, or pull a "Cartman Sucks" on Kyle. (Kyle's a heavy sleeper judging from how Mr. hankey tells him he put himself in kyle's mouth while he was sleeping).

The HIV-Positive line was a stroke of brilliance and I dumped it every time I could last night. The rest of the episode did felt rushed, Magic Johnson came out of nowhere and the whole Money Curing Aids was weak, though I got the message the people in Nigeria wont be cured anytime soon, since Money cures all. Was anyone else expecting for someone to imply Stan/Kyle as lovers whenever Kyle announced Cartman gave him aids?

No Kenny death, so I missed there, which is good, kept me on my toes, and Kyle with the Xbox is avatar worthy, especially when me and my friends joked of photoshopping the 3 red lights on it.

Overall: 8/10

Weak ending, but there were good points made, good character developement, despite this being another Kyle/Cartman episode.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 3:57 am Offline
Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:00 pm209Somewhere in Ohio.....
I thought it was really good! A good start to what's going to be a great season.

Wow, I never expected the whole "AIDS" thing. And the whole Magic Johnson thing. I was stunned the whole time. And there were lots of funny lines. One of my favorites has to be, "I'm not just sure, I'm HIV Positive". And, "I'm still breaking your XBox."
The new intro was awesome. Overall, I'd give the whole thing an 8/10. Now I can't wait until next week.
Known as IHeartKyle5266 on KyleFanClub.com!!

"I don't need you anymore!"
"I know. I need you."
^Kyle and Stan.

Sort by  
Page 4 of 19 284 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next