Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 19 285 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 4:01 am Offline
Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:00 pm209Somewhere in Ohio.....
JBird007 wrote:
when will this episode air again? i missed it
-thanks

It should air again tonight at the same time on comedy Central.
Known as IHeartKyle5266 on KyleFanClub.com!!

"I don't need you anymore!"
"I know. I need you."
^Kyle and Stan.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 5:02 am Offline
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
Well, the theme song animation changed, also, I don't know if it was just me, but there was alot more movement and stuff when they talked and stuff. And Kyle killed Clyde Frog! That bastard!
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 5:17 am Offline
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:53 pm122Austria
DanMullig wrote:
So, I was very angry when I found out they wussed out by making the Tonsil mistake not related to the Tonsilectomy at all.

I 'm glad that I'm not the only one who was disappointed about this.

As for the episode, I think it's been the worst for a long time. Don't hate for being so negative, and I really thought season 11 was a vast improvement, but :
Most of the jokes didn't work out - with the exception of maybe the African one - and were way too predictable. Come on, Kyle's denial of his friendship with Cartman and the people's reaction to it was pretty obvious and I could see from a mile that Cartman would infect Kyle with HIV - I only expected him to do so right after he got diagnosed.
Another thing that bothered me was Kyle's reaction: Am I the only one who really hated him in this episode? Damn, he used to be my favourite character around season 7 and still is, sometimes. Plus, I can really understand his hatred towards Cartman, who well deserved his HIV, but goddamn. Not that I really minded his laughing at Cartman or thought that he should have felt pity for him, but from someone who is THAT judgemental and freaks THAT much out over small things like in TP, I expected better. He saved Cartman's life in Manbearpig and now he's laughing about him getting HIV? Though on the other hand I kinda like the fact that he's not the goody-two-shoes he was portrayed as in quite a few episodes of the last three seasons (MBP, CS, LC, NotLH). Still, he probably should stop judging other people all the time if he can't meet his own moral standards.
As for Cartman, I think he used to be funnier a few years ago.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 5:24 am Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
A SouthPark Orange wrote:
As for the episode, I think it's been the worst for a long time.

Objection! Million Little fibers, More crap, D-Yikes.

besides, it's the first of the season. Any good general knows not to put their best men up front. Besides, S11 ended on a high note, breaking records. I'm sure our buddies got something in store for us.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 5:48 am Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
Even if you didn't like this episode, there is NO comparison between this one and More Crap, Million Little Fibers, or Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 5:56 am Offline
Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:39 am1Jersey
I am HIV positive that this episode was a great start to the 12th season.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 6:01 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Overall, I thought it was an ok opener for the season. I mean, the episode started off "Meh", escalated to "Ok", and ended up "Nice".

Now it's time for Chronologicalish comments:

I love the new open.
I had the feeling that fatass would wind up with some sort of affliction, but I was thinking Staph infection, not the HIV.
I don't blame Kyle for laughing, the irony was too delicious.
I thought that Cartman would just spit in Kyle's mouth or something. He just seems like the kind of kid who couldn't take a needle in the arm, even though he's done it twice now.
Damn, Mackey is pretty strong for a such a skinny guy. I mean he picked the kids clear up off the ground. Both of them. And simultaneously at that.
Kyle tearing up Cartman's stuff was good. I knew he'd f*ck up Clyde Frog, but I thought he'd tear him up the middle, and not just rip his head off. I've always thought that Clyde Frog's weak point was the crotch for some reason. (And I wouldn't worry about him being torn asunder ACF, if Liane can make a perfect Hitler outfit for Eric, she can whip-stich CF's head back on.)
The HIV+ jokes did get slightly old, but when Kyle and Cartman exchange came around, that was funny.
I missed how they got to California to see Magic the first time around, but I caught it at the repeat at 11. I didn't catch on the the "retro"/retrovirus thing though that was a good one.
I did not see the money piles in the bedroom coming.
I thought that for the cure, they'd distill or even boil the cash, not pulverize and cram it. That's the one thing that seemed unstable to me, amid a sea of unstableness. (but you have to suspend such things in the world of South Park)
The gay lovah thing was also pretty stupid to me, considering they're 8/9/10.
"I'm still going to destroy your XBox."
"...N-no, wait! KYLE!?!?" - as extreme a giggle as when Cartman got decked for that final "Are you HIV+?"
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 6:15 am Offline
Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:13 am1
Lucky, I love any episode centred around either Cartman/Kyle or Cartman/Butters, so this episode was seriously the win! But saying I do agree it is overdone and that more episodes should be about the four boys, or some of the other characters.

But saying that I still love episodes centred around cartman, so I'm not complaining! Personally I think south park has always been hillerious and (hopefully) always will be. People say that it's "going downhill" but I remember thinking that in season two.

Sure, some episodes won't appeal to people and some will, but it's good to have a mixed bag like that! I mean I found D-Yikes really funny although no one else seemed to. It all comes down to personal opinion and that's fine. Luckily the latest episodes are really appealing to my tastes at the moment :D

(still thinks series two was the worst)
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 6:22 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:08 am14Suceava/Romania
i'll be brief. i agree with someone that wrote about some jokes being predictable. especially after the moment when we saw the pile of cash in magic j's room. there were funny bits, outrageous south park-uesqe moments and some critical points dirrected at the media and medical trends nowadays, to ignore AIDS in comparison to cancer. but it wasn't a great episode. they did seem to rush it in the second part and again looked predictable
well, now I'm old enough , but still can't stick my dick in Britney's butt
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 6:34 am Offline
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:53 pm122Austria
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Even if you didn't like this episode, there is NO comparison between this one and More Crap, Million Little Fibers, or Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina.

Actually I thought it was that bad. Probably not as awful as MGFNV or Return of the Chef (my personal hate-episode) but pretty much among the worst and I don't really hate that many episodes. Maybe I wouldn't dislike it that much if I wasn't already sick of Cartman/Kyle eps (I'd really look forward to a Stan stand-alone or a Kenny/Tweek/main kids episode) and if I wouldn't have been as disappointed about the tonsillectomy part, but I was seriously annoyed about Kyle being angry ALL the time. As I said, most of the jokes didn't work for me so I didn't really like anything about it.
But maybe you're right and the disappointment just affected my judgement and I'll change my mind after I've seen it for the second time. Happened so with "South Park is gay" and "Le Petit Tourette", which I didn't hate at the first viewing, but wasn't enthusiastic about either.

@HAcoreRD: D - Yikes was the second worst of season 11 imo, but it had at least the part with the mexicans, which I found funny.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 6:44 am Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
"Wasting away again because of AIDS and stuff. How are we all doing tonight?"

classic
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 7:56 am Offline
Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:37 am11
This was a pretty good episode. I was floored when it was announced that Cartman had HIV. His HIV line was pretty funny. Although the whole AIDS thing with the characters having it was kind of disturbing, specifically with them having it. I like Kyle, but in this episode he totally deserved what he got. The way Cartman is, no matter what, laughing at someone who was just diagnosed with HIV is downright unfathomable. Then I got mad that Kyle was all like "this is not funny!" like Cartman had been to him before. I wanted to see Cartman kick his ass, between Kyle and him, like in Cartoon Wars, I want to see him slam Kyle. I liked how they used the cure AIDS by cash concept. I also believe Cartman's description of Jimmy Buffet was right on target.
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 7:58 am Offline
Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:58 pm14Yorkshire... Im still in denial
For me, it was one of those episodes that all way through i was waiting for something hilarious to happen, even though i did giggle a lot. Then you go here to read what everyone else was saying, and they quote some things like ' im HIV positive' and bring up other bits like when Butters kissed Cartmans cheek, and thats when i realise it was pretty hilarious. Not a great episode. Not a bad episode. But good. :)
Butters: Hey! Who's dropping bombs in there? How about a courtesy flush?!

Cartman: Up yours, Butters!
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 8:06 am Offline
Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:55 am2
:shock: I cant beleive Cartman gave aids to Kyle, it is unbeleivable how Cartman would think that he would get even by giving Kyle Aids... This must be the worst thing Cartman has ever done, I think its even worse from when he killed Scott Tenorman's parents.

But all in all i think this is the best episode yet, due to southpark solving aids and once again Kyle kicks Cartmans ASS, that was just awsome :lol:
Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* PostThu Mar 13, 2008 8:28 am Offline
Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:34 am2
I think they are going to stop the Kyle/Cartman rivalry for a little while. With all the times Cartman has suggested giving Kyle AIDS in the past, I think this was the big end (for now) of their rivalry. It wasn't supposed to be a big gateway episode or anything. So I think we can expect something completely different next week. Again, they better resurrect Clyde Frog.

Sort by  
Page 5 of 19 285 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next