Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 2 19 posts 1, 2  Next
*309* Jewbilee PostWed Mar 19, 2008 8:50 am OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Kyle invites Kenny to join him at Jewbilee, a Boy Scout-like gathering for Jewish kids. His parents are going to attend Mr. Mackey's party. At camp, Ike is sent to join the little group called "Squirts." Kyle and Kenny, join the scouts, where they concentrate on soap sculptures. This art is key to the Jewish elders celebration of Moses however, Moses identifies Kenny as not being Jewish and Kenny is banished from the camp.
Re: *309* Jewbilee PostTue Aug 04, 2009 8:34 pm Offline
Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:17 pm1
seriously loving the tron refrence, tho i doubt anyone would remeber the movie :?
Re: *309* Jewbilee PostSun Jan 17, 2010 5:57 am Offline
Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:47 pm2
Ike is so cuuuute in this episode :wink:
owch PostSun Jan 31, 2010 10:42 am Offline
Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:42 pm48
GO KENNY :D :unhoodedkenny:
Jew on Jewilbee PostMon Mar 01, 2010 5:10 pm Offline
Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:47 am1
Ok im jewish and I love this episode. It makes like no sense and its absoultly funny. But just to clear a couple things up, Moses isnt a giant sprial of orange and green light that comes from a fire and I never got hit over the head with a bell and had to say "nahi kiean". Best part? "No cake for the impurity." Just plain freakin funny.
PostSun Apr 18, 2010 7:53 pm Offline
  • YIM
Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:23 am14Tweek Bros. Coffee
lol I think the image of Moses is based on the Dreidel the Jews use on Hanukah. Idk, thats just what I think, but he spins around and is a vague-dreidel shape, soo... lol.
Re: *309* Jewbilee PostSun Apr 18, 2010 11:38 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Nice that Kyle invited Kenny along with him to Jew scouts but I did not get this episode. :? I don't know anything about the Jewish faith or anything so did not get a lot of the jokes. :oops:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: PostSun Apr 18, 2010 11:55 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
MormonCoffee wrote:
lol I think the image of Moses is based on the Dreidel the Jews use on Hanukah. Idk, thats just what I think, but he spins around and is a vague-dreidel shape, soo... lol.

You're right about the dreidel thing - but all Moses had to do is make Kenny drop his pants - if Kenny was uncircumcised, Moses could have ordered it done to Kenny right then and there. That would solve the problem of Kenny the non-jew being at the Jewbilee Camp :mrgreen:
Re: Re: PostMon Apr 19, 2010 12:34 am Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
zzyzx 1 wrote:
You're right about the dreidel thing - but all Moses had to do is make Kenny drop his pants - if Kenny was uncircumcised, Moses could have ordered it done to Kenny right then and there. That would solve the problem of Kenny the non-jew being at the Jewbilee Camp :mrgreen:

It's very common to be circumcised in the United States even if you're not Jewish. It's also practiced in Islam. But because Kenny's family lives below the poverty line, chances are they passed on the expensive [and unnecessary] procedure.

The best part in this episode was the whole issue with the bell. The first kid to get mesmerized by having his head inside a bell being slammed against it just shook violently and walked away. The second kid started cying. I lol'ed. But Kenny had it bad. I loved how instead of scolding him and making him stand still, the elder just caught Kenny off guard and repeatedly banged it against him. It's been a while since I've seen the episode, but I think I'll go watch it right now.
Re: Re: PostMon Apr 19, 2010 12:57 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Niels0827 wrote:
It's been a while since I've seen the episode, but I think I'll go watch it right now.

Same here - I will also watch it. And even though you're right about the common practice in the U.S. and in the Muslim relgion, I would have lol'ed if Moses ordered Kenny to drop his pants :wink:
Re: *309* Jewbilee PostMon Apr 19, 2010 5:43 pm Offline
  • YIM
Stanluv25 wrote:
Nice that Kyle invited Kenny along with him to Jew scouts but I did not get this episode. :? I don't know anything about the Jewish faith or anything so did not get a lot of the jokes. :oops:

There is really nothing to "get", technically speaking. It makes no sense, and none of it really pertains to the Jewish culture at all. It's mainly just some random spoof of Boy Scouts and Jewish children. lol. I don't even know if Jews have Boy Scouts... I know Mormons do, but idk. xD
Life ain't so bad at all, if you live it off the wall. ~Michael Jackson
Re: Re: PostMon Apr 19, 2010 5:48 pm Offline
  • YIM
zzyzx 1 wrote:
MormonCoffee wrote:

L0L you might have a point there (I don't really know much about the Jewish culture, but if that's true, then DAMN. Harsh.. lol) But then again, Kenny's family is just so friggin poor, he probably never got circumcised anyway. Too expensive. o_o

Or maybe Moses was too preoccupied with macaroni pictures and soap sculptures to think about it. I desire... macaroni pictures.

Win.
Life ain't so bad at all, if you live it off the wall. ~Michael Jackson
Re: *309* Jewbilee PostTue Jul 20, 2010 5:47 pm Offline
Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:30 pm1
There's absolutely nothing in this episode that is remotely related to anything in Jewish rituals, faith, traditions, or practices. South Park is one of my favorite shows of all time and I almost am never offended by Jewish jokes (even the very brazen Family Guy Jewish jokes), but this episode crossed the line for me as a Jew.

It was rather offensive in its portrayal of Jews worshipping Moses (Jews only pray to God, not Moses or any human being). The Jewish elders all looked like stereotypes straight out of classic anti-semitic cartoons, complete with the hooked noses, beards, and peyos (side hair-curls). They portrayed Jews as cultish and exclusionist (kicking out the Asian kid, not wanting Kenny to come)... Kyle's mom is also a disgustinlgly stereotyped Jewish mother, but I don't have a problem with her. I have a problem- as I think many Jews would- with this episode's mistaken portrayal of Jewish beliefs and customs. I think there's a reason I've never seen this episode in syndication, and only on the web, and I think it's because of this.

Also, this episode wasn't even funny. The only funny parts were a few with Kenny begging to come with Kyle to the "Jewscouts" camp (by the way, there's no such thing), and the bear taking kids for his cub's birthday party instead of just killing and eating them
PostFri Jan 07, 2011 6:18 pm Offline
Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:56 pm2
Calm down dude, im so f*cking tired of people complaining about being insulted by South Park. They make fun of Christianity too, and Islam, and Hinduism, Budism, and pretty much everything else.
Bear=ROFL PostMon Mar 07, 2011 12:10 am Offline
Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:03 am0
Mai ROFLcopter go SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

Sort by  
Page 1 of 2 19 posts 1, 2  Next