Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 6 86 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
i heav to say it PostFri Jun 26, 2009 5:15 pm Offline
Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:21 pm5
:) weeel if romania is an armpit of a country, america has to be the big ass, shooting for the dick.
Re: *403* Quintuplets PostFri Jun 26, 2009 5:17 pm Offline
r41n wrote:
Oh, quit whining. I'm born in Romania too, and the whole "Romania sucks" thing made my day. Admittedly, it's not as poor as it used to be, but on the other hand, the amount of stupid people goes up exponentially. Just look at the "stars" on cocalari.com [non-Romanians, the pictures speak for themselves].

Thank God I left that armpit of a country. I never, *ever* plan to go back... just like the girls :P

i would leave too. bot not for america
Re: *403* Quintuplets PostSat Jun 27, 2009 4:10 am Offline
Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:35 am8
nemo107 wrote:
Savage11811 wrote:
Why don't you over-sensitive Romanians stop crying and stop watching Southpark if your going to be so easily offended. Southpark isn't for the overly-sensitive...

Bet you didn't complain when they made fun of other nations, different beliefs, and why not? Probably because as long as its not about YOU, its funny...

Well here's a newsflash... its called Satire.

Stop being a bunch of hypocrites.

distinction: this show is so enlightening just because of the pertinence of the satire it provides, and if an inconsistency occurs you can't just have it both ways and say 'it's just a funny cartoon'. playing on stereotypes raises awareness and stuff but this time is plain wrong. so maybe you can say "i learned something today": Romanian women don't wear those bandanna thingies. we have nothing to do with russians (or communism anymore). there aren't more poor people (or stupid people) here anymore than anywhere else (NY is full of homeless). no russian hats :) or names!
the gimanasts and circus stereotype is fair :) but you see it's just because you do not know sh*t you makeup stereotypes.
if i called you a dumbass based just on your comment wouldn't you be offended.?
PS:remeber the persians? that sterotype is exactly like some very stupid people in Romania we call "manelisti (cocalari)" that listen to very distastful and mindnumbing music called "manele" :)
weeel that was fun.. bye:)

So stating that, then are you worried that some people will probably actually think that Romanians go around with a Russian accent (which I can't say I've noticed) and dress like they do in the cartoon, bandanas and such??

It is only a stereotype if you see it that way, specially when you say "there aren't more poor people (or stupid people) here anymore than anywhere else", that's a general statement. There is poor people and of course, stupid people, in every part of the world, but yet you make that statement because clearly you think the cartoon labels your country like that??

Certain amount of respect does need to be within a fathom amount of television programs. Southpark is one of these programs that threads, and lives on controversy. It gets media attention for it, most of the things you see in the show comes from the twisted minds of its creators.

So what if you think the Romanians speak with a Russian accent, wear clothing that they aren't suppose to wear by your standards, who cares? I don't see many Americans complaining, because the US is constantly given a bad presence within the show, with its sometimes opinionated views on America, yet no one complains as such.

Maybe you've taken a view on America because of the show? Who knows...

Some people would say its the creators responsibility to insure the content is appealing to all audiences... Bull-crap. In my opinion, its both the creators and the viewing audiences. Viewer's can pick things up the wrong way. If you choose to watch a show like Southpark, where the easily offended tend to be, well, offended, then, by all means, don't watch it. And don't forget about that WARNING in the show, one that states that any characters in this show showing a real-life likeness, etc etc, is a coincidence, etc etc.

And this is what annoys me. In a way, its kinda like going to a stand-up comedy gig... The comedian on-stage is telling some jokes about another country, and is practically insulting the nation, yet you laugh, and laugh and laugh as they are funny...

Question is, do you laugh when he gets to your country?? If not, why.. are you that shallow...
Re: *403* Quintuplets PostSat Jun 27, 2009 2:41 pm Offline
Quote:
Maybe you've taken a view on America because of the show? Who knows...

Some people would say its the creators responsibility to insure the content is appealing to all audiences... Bull-crap. In my opinion, its both the creators and the viewing audiences. Viewer's can pick things up the wrong way. If you choose to watch a show like Southpark, where the easily offended tend to be, well, offended, then, by all means, don't watch it. And don't forget about that WARNING in the show, one that states that any characters in this show showing a real-life likeness, etc etc, is a coincidence, etc etc.

Question is, do you laugh when he gets to your country?? If not, why.. are you that shallow...

this could be an endless argument. it all depends on how one views SP.
yes I do laugh I always do
but for some it's a learning experience (and I think it should be) and the portrayel just fuels the ignorance (that "who cares" you've mentioned)
and you cannot compare public views of america that is always out there on every medium and public views of an insignifficant country like romania. apparently insignifficance is associated with... bad stuff
Re: *403* Quintuplets PostSat Jul 04, 2009 8:00 am Offline
Fri May 15, 2009 11:19 am1
i am from romania and we are not so poor and we don't talk with russian accent :x you've never been in romania before...OK we have some irritating assh*les that we call "tigani" and the most of them are poor(they some kind of black people)and they don't talk with russian accent too...just the moldovans (from the north of romania) and the ardelens (the northwest of romaia) talk with russian accent...because they are near of republic moldova thai is near russia and the accent is transmitted :wink:
Re: *403* Quintuplets PostMon Jul 27, 2009 11:10 am Offline
Thu May 01, 2008 6:57 am1
The episode is funny...... but it makes Romania look like a poor , comunist country .......... whitch is not true !!! I am a romanian and i was offensed by this episode !!!! Most Americans don't even know where Romania is and those who know are asking there selves if we have roads !!!! It's true Romania is not a hy developed country but the people are smart ......... there is a word here .... "a romanian will make money even from a dry stone ..." and it's true ....... If our country is so poor then how come a romanian broke the pentagon codes !!!! and the nasa codes !!! I just want the people to know the truth .......and i repet ....... Romania whas a comunist country because it had no choise ...... it whas eather the russians , or the germans ........ and the people had a lot to suffer from the comunists ..... but no one knowes ........... In the end i want to say that the episode was nice except for the parts where Romania was showed like a poor and comunist country ...
Re: *403* Quintuplets PostSat Aug 08, 2009 12:29 pm Offline
Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:25 pm1
Hey I'm from Romania and I was a little offended, but it was quite funny. And no Romania isn't poor. Maybe that time was but now its not.
Re: *403* Quintuplets PostMon Aug 17, 2009 11:39 pm Offline
  • YIM
Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:00 am1Cluj Napoca, RO
Dood this episode sucks.. i'm from romania too and we don't speak like that! lol that guys are russian.. and the girl called Nadia .. like our Nadia Comaneci.. LoL it's not the only name in romania... it was so disturbing that when the angry mob sayd Romania Sux... Yeah.. desturbing episode anyways.. And We're not that poor!!!!!! that man said we are poor country and everything is soo cheap.. WELL I DON'T THINK SO!!! Sorry but this episode sucks! It would be better if they would say like No offense ! or idk.. Oh and pne more thing.. We're not the world's assh0le!!
Regrads,
VLD
Re: *403* Quintuplets PostWed Sep 23, 2009 11:56 am Offline
Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:47 am4
So ,first of all , f*ck U, ok, i am romanian ,too.We are not poor , we are dot comunists and we are not stupid . We are the best hackers in the world , trust me. We DON'T speek russian and we are not the last country in the world.f*ck U , u mother f*cker , u sons of bitches .I am very pissed of to south parck right now.The America is the idiot country in the world.Try on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE (americans are not stupid).We have a lot of fun , and I can fload your computers right now if i want , u mother f*cker , no rasism , just hate.
Re: *403* Quintuplets PostWed Sep 23, 2009 12:02 pm Offline
and Savage11811 u can put your hand in my assh*le to masturbate my crab
Re: *403* Quintuplets PostWed Sep 23, 2009 12:19 pm Offline
I am sorry about my langueage and about my rasism .Just look to have an image of Romaniahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCf8NWJ8kzA andhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmDoo ... re=related
Re: *403* Quintuplets PostWed Sep 23, 2009 12:21 pm Offline
these are the roght sites (i wrote wrong the anothers) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmDoomf6 ... re=related and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCf8NWJ8kzA ok try these
Re: *403* Quintuplets PostTue Oct 13, 2009 1:43 pm Offline
Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:49 pm1
yeah.....i'm from romania too.....in this country are some people who think they are so cool and stuff.....romania was a sh*tty country 22-23 years ago.....it still is a little....now it's kinda cool we have allot of fun.......and maybe you think all of us are like gipsis......well we are NOT :) :) :) :unhoodedkenny:
Re: *403* Quintuplets PostWed Nov 18, 2009 12:06 pm Offline
Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:13 pm1
Hey this sucks because they fake Romania.Why the hell are there russians in this episode?Romanians aren't like that at all.And the country isn't that poor.But it's funny like all the episodes!I am from Romania and it doesen't suck at all.Oh and i was offended when the news guy said that romania is the asswhole of the world.what's up with that dude?damn
Last edited by crishdude on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *403* Quintuplets PostWed Nov 18, 2009 12:55 pm Offline
Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:00 pm13
Don't take it too seriously, dude. Whatever country they would have chosen, it would have offended somebody.
Also, this episode is partly about how Americans have wrong ideas about other countries, right?

Sort by  
Page 3 of 6 86 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next