Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 2 26 posts Previous  1, 2
Re: *512* Here Comes the Neighborhood PostMon May 28, 2012 4:20 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
GrandTheftAutoHater wrote:
I once heard a rumor that the ending where Mr. Garrison said "at least we got rid of all those damn ni-" was the result of a beta plan that never came to fruition. Apparently, the beta plan was to use the "ni-" as a lead-out from this episode and lead into the next one, which would start with Mr. Garrison saying "-ggers". Is this rumor true? And if yes, what would the premise of that episode been?

Yes, they did think about starting the next episode with Garrison finishing the sentence. No, it wasn't going to be a setup for the whole episode. Commentary here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHX_SFmrSYo
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *512* Here Comes the Neighborhood PostWed May 30, 2012 12:46 am Offline
Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:54 pm91Southern Cali, that's all I can say
Hm... I could've sworn there'd been a sequel of sorts to this episode in the works that got canned. They never made a sequel to Marjorine (another scrapped beta plan).

Would any of you happen to know if there were any episodes or premises planned for Season 5 that just never got made?
Re: *512* Here Comes the Neighborhood PostWed May 30, 2012 1:01 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
GrandTheftAutoHater wrote:
Hm... I could've sworn there'd been a sequel of sorts to this episode in the works that got canned. They never made a sequel to Marjorine (another scrapped beta plan).

"Marjorine" wasn't a scrapped beta plan, either, though perhaps it should have been. Once again, commentary here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6uoWo3i-60 They say that they should have made two episodes out of the ideas in "Marjorine," and later really wished they had because they tend to run out of ideas at the end of the run.

Quote:
Would any of you happen to know if there were any episodes or premises planned for Season 5 that just never got made?

I seriously doubt it. See above about running out of ideas. It could be there were suggestions that never made it out of the writers room, but odds are we'll never know what those were.
Full-on scrapping of episodes is almost unheard of because they have pretty much no lead time and make most episodes in six days. (I say most because they will at times try to "bank" an episode early in the run so they can take a couple days off, so those episodes have some lead time, but those are sometimes the least popular episodes in a run. "Pip" is a prime example of this, and they don't make a habit of banking shows as much anymore.) According to the commentaries, the one time they actually scrapped a whole idea the result was "Million Little Fibers."
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Frickin great *\o/* PostMon Apr 08, 2013 11:22 am Offline
Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:39 pm0
Mr Garrison at the end, Jesus Christ, I never laughed so hard in my entire life. Thanks South Park <33 Cartman > Mr Garrison > Butters. Best chars
PostMon Apr 08, 2013 11:28 am Offline
Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:39 pm0
ops, I meant: Cartman > Mr Garrison > Butters.
:) cool PostSun Aug 25, 2013 6:13 pm Offline
Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:00 pm2
i remember watching this on my T.V. Funny as hell.
Lol the end XD PostSun Aug 25, 2013 6:32 pm Offline
Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:00 pm2
Yea well at least i got rid of all those damn ni--
I wish people could understand... PostMon Oct 07, 2013 5:33 pm Offline
Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:23 pm0
That having racism in a cartoon doesn't make it racist. Yes, Mr. Garrison is a racist assh*le. That's the whole POINT. They portray him in a way that is clearly unreasonably bigoted, in order to both make a point about how wrong it is, and to make delicate issue humorous. It's a commentary on how Matt and Trey see racist people. Same as when they show characters who are homophobic or unbelievably stupid.

In the end, South Park will make fun of everybody and everything for SOMETHING.
PostThu Mar 06, 2014 9:18 pm Offline
Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:14 pm0
Dont know if you noticed, but south park is full of insults. Its not really a show for those easily offended.
PostFri Apr 11, 2014 12:02 am Offline
Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:36 am172
Not a bad episode and I like how it focuses on Token
STFU PostThu Apr 17, 2014 11:32 pm Offline
Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:45 am0
You should just shut the f*ck up this is southpark and what does south park do ? make fun of anyone go f*cking get a life or something

Sort by  
Page 2 of 2 26 posts Previous  1, 2