Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 3 45 posts Previous  1, 2, 3
PostSat Jan 22, 2011 4:34 pm Offline
Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:56 pm2
I find this episode extra funny, especially the begining with the school The thing that made it so funny was that thats really what things like that are like. Also the whole propaganda thing is true too. Im in high school and have seen more propaganda come from my school then any cigarette company. Some of the things they teach us are really rediculous, like that if we smoke one cigarette we are likely to become addicted to tobacco. Besides, i dont even get the point of smoking anyway, tobacco dosent even get you high...
PostMon Jan 31, 2011 8:29 pm Offline
Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:53 pm0
All of you people know this is a joke right. Im under 14 and this episode hasn't changed my mine about smoking. I still will never smoke.
PostThu Mar 24, 2011 12:15 pm Offline
Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:43 am3
Yea I totally agree, I also can stand when someone eats onions and wants to talk to me, Im like, ewww and want to vomit in their mouth. We should just lock them all away in Guantanamo bay. I also cant stand looking at fat people., or people who are ugly, or disabled people or most people who dont look like me. We should just lock them in a box, or just kill them all, you know, whatever.People who eat at Mcdonalds are drug addicts anyways. People are so stupid, I wish the government would just finally do what they need to do and tell us all how to live so we can be protected from ourselves. I cant wait for the day for them to install cameras in all of our houses and have a hamster feeding tube that shoots whatever they deem appropriate right in to my mouth. I guess until then Ill just have to live in a country that allows me to take responsibility for myself. God save us all
Re: *713* Butt Out PostThu Jul 28, 2011 1:27 pm Offline
Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:54 pm91Southern Cali, that's all I can say
This episode doesn't make me want to smoke anymore than before, but it has changed my opinion of smoking slightly.

I still won't smoke because I don't want to get wrinkles or impaired mobility, and I value my life. I've heard people say stuff like "Everyone has to die eventually", but my rebuttal is "That doesn't explain why I should die sooner rather than later".

The fact that Rob Reiner weighs about 713 lbs only proves that he shouldn't fight tobacco for his own sake.

I loved this episode, but there's just 1 big hole in it: Judging by my understanding of CSKK's characters, they should've explained to their parents how unbelievably bored they were by the Butt Out presentation, and how they smoked to prevent themselves from becoming over-the-top, overenthusiastic d-bags like the Butt Out singers. They wouldn't just tell their parents they smoked entirely of their own accord for the usual reasons children under 18 smoke.

By the way, Thank You For Smoking was one of my Top 30 Films of '006. I need to watch it again.
Man... PostFri Aug 19, 2011 1:41 am Offline
  • YIM
Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:33 am0Bucuresti
Man, really... No wonder the boys smoked when they saw that Butt Out sh*t!

I'd be scared myself to get like one of those guys!
Stop making them so damn long PostWed Aug 24, 2011 10:27 am Offline
Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:56 pm4427I don't wanna fucking tell you! Last time this kid started stalking me!
make your comments shorter god f*cking too long to read
Re: *713* Butt Out PostSun Jun 17, 2012 2:54 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Just saw this again. Still don't get what the actual message was Matt and Trey were trying to convey here. I mean smoking kills and causes all sorts of problems to those who do it and those around them, there's no question. Yet they made Big Tobacco Co. kind and nice while the Smoke Stoppers were evil and liars. Why?

I personally still have no idea why people smoke if they know it's bad for them. And I see nothing wrong with banning smoking if it means others don't have to suffer from the stench of smoking. I am sick and tired of running into a person with a cig in hand, it makes me cough and hold in my breath until they get away. We don't want you to smoke because you can become extremely ill, there's nothing evil about getting rid of it!

Hilarious episode nonetheless.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
PostSun Aug 26, 2012 9:02 pm Offline
Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:54 pm0
us orcs are not like you nords or imperials who carry on until their bones turn frail and their hair turns grey :)
Terrible episode PostTue Apr 09, 2013 5:56 pm Offline
Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:46 pm0
In general I am a HUGE fan of the show, but this episode is even worse than the ones they did questioning the evidence for global warming. No evidence that second hand smoke is harmful? Are you serious? Anyone who comes from a non-smoking state and visits another state where smoking is allowed in restaurants and bars knows how absolutely awful it is to be in a confined space choking on someone's cigarette smoke while trying to enjoy a meal. I am an ex-smoker and will be the first to tell you that it is 100% pure selfishness to insist on getting your fix while ruining the air for everyone else trying to breathe. I for one am THANKFUL that smoking has been outlawed in most confined public buildings.
PostTue Apr 16, 2013 10:22 am Offline
Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:38 pm7
the point of the episode is to show the fact that being able to do something you enjoy despite the fact it is bad for you is one of the freedoms we as americans take for granted and should appreciate more...i agree with the smoking ban in public buildings, but the choice to smoke is no less healthy than the choice to eat mcdonalds everyday...though slightly exaggerated, the portrayal of the anti-smokers as evil as they are and the tobacco companies as the normal people is actually surprisingly accurate...people like rob reiner are fascists and hypocrits, whereas the tobacco companies simply create a supply for the demand created by the people who enjoy smoking...people are so quick to call them evil for "causing" cancer and profiting from it but they dont realize that when a pack of cigs is bought in the u.s. more of the money goes to uncle sam than anyone one else...in fact the tobacco tax in america is literally ten times the profit margin of r.j. reynolds (the biggest tobacco company)so our government is making way more money off of cigarettes than big tobacco could ever hope to make...that being said this is one of my fav. episodes because i actually understand its message
:3 PostFri Aug 23, 2013 11:06 pm Offline
Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:00 pm2
so they dont give a damn that they burned down the school? all they care about is that they smoked? XD the only reason they smoked is because the butt out group gave them the idea. the same thing happend when i was in 5th grade. XD
:\ PostFri Aug 23, 2013 11:18 pm Offline
poor Cartman. he dosent even deserve to die that way.
Oh my gawd... PostWed Sep 11, 2013 4:14 pm Offline
A group just like that came to my school when I was in 3rd grade, and the funny thing is I saw one of the group members smoking outside the school xD lol. One of the funniest moments of my life x3
Re: *713* Butt Out PostFri Nov 01, 2013 3:34 pm Offline
Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:17 pm0
Lol now watch it in Deutsch.
Conflicting PostTue Apr 15, 2014 8:54 pm Offline
Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:52 pm0
SP has always played Devils Advocate for some very unpopular opinions, and I applaud that. I dont think this particular devil needs an advocate though.
I do get the message though. Smoking f*ckin stanks, and the chemical additives are not to be taken lightly, but I dont go around acting superior to smokers and yelling at them about how marginal they are.

Sort by  
Page 3 of 3 45 posts Previous  1, 2, 3