Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 3 39 posts 1, 2, 3  Next
*804* The Passion of the Jew PostWed Mar 19, 2008 8:50 am OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Kyle finally sees "The Passion" and is forced to admit Cartman has been right all along. Meanwhile many of the film's hardcore fans band together under Cartman's leadership to carry out it's message.
"The Passion of the Jew" Episode PostWed May 07, 2008 4:32 pm Offline
Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:39 pm82Bountiful, Utah
Please explain to why Kyle Broflovski permits Cartman to have control over his life or decisions? I saw the movie, "Passion of the Christ", when it first came out. I didn't view the movie itself as anti-Semitic, but I can see why people like Eric Cartman could use it to justify their hatred of the Jewish people. I was very disappointed when Mel Gibson was arrested for drunken driving and went into an anti-Semitic tirade. He is the source of his own problems and nobody else. This episode demostrated how an evil chariasmatic leader can lead otherwise good people down the wrong path to destruction. I have the book, "The Poltics of the Crucifixion". The fault of the cucifixion of Christ is placed on corrupt political leaders of the Herodian Party and not the Jewish People. The author of the book is Glenn Kimball, if you are inerested. Thank-You
Re: *804* The Passion of the Jew PostSat Jul 26, 2008 5:36 pm Offline
Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:57 pm5
Yeshua was executed because people called him king in a Roman territory. The Romans did not tolerate any sort of insurrection so they crucified him. The New Testament books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John give accounts of Yeshua's life that cannot be reconciled. No reputable biblical scholar will ever claim that they can be reconciled. Furthermore all gospels were written at least 50 years after the crucifixion. Only insane (fundamentalists) people believe the bible literally. Yeshua had good moral lessons but that's it. The entire Christian religion is based on lies so audacious and so steeped in history, tradition and dogma that people continue to believe it. On a side note, Mel Gibson does appear to be a sucker for punishment.
Re: "The Passion of the Jew" Episode PostSat Jul 26, 2008 7:31 pm Offline
Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:11 pm1534argentina - the asshole of planet earth
jonholb56 wrote:
Please explain to why Kyle Broflovski permits Cartman to have control over his life or decisions?

kyle doesnt let cartman have control over his life or decisions, he decided to go see the movie and his change of mind occurred there, not before nor after
he is still a kid and therefore can be easily influenced on ocassions, so he just assumes that the movie is correct in the blame he puts on the jews (cant really say i know enough to say wether the movie or not is antisemitic, but its obvious that matt and trey think it is indeed)
unlike cartman, he is mature enough to own up to his mistakes thats why he goes to cartman and admits his mistake

but kyle really shouldnt have felt guilty at all about that issue because
1. being a jew, he doesnt believe jesus is the son of god, but rather just another regular guy
and the number of regualr guys that have recieved similar or worse treatment and not at all by the jews is big, im sure that the jesus case was no innovation
2. in the speech he makes at the synagogue he forgets to reason that both the black slavery and the Holocaust occurred quite close to their following appologies, so the ones appologizing were most probably participants in the events, whereas how can any jew be held guilty today for something that happened almost 2000 years ago? im sure most jews today wouldnt reach that kind of cruelty, much less kyle
Re: *804* The Passion of the Jew PostTue Jul 29, 2008 7:51 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm4262http://www.southparkstudios.com
Quote:
Yeshua and some other crap

While i agree wholeheartedly (and love the name Yeshua) i don't really see how this links in with the episode.

One of my personal favourite episodes, for the sheer number of sub plots that all perfectly fit the charactars (kyle has always been a self hater of a jew and always wanted to reconcile his difference with wider society, cartman's a power hungry nazi) and put a hillarious gibson the gibbon parrody in there too.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Re: *804* The Passion of the Jew PostTue Jul 29, 2008 8:44 pm Offline
Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:21 am34
Kyle isnt really a self-hater he just hates people particularly cartman making fun of him the way you can tell in an obv example is in major boobage when Kyle reconizes that cartma was treating cats like jews in the holocaust, and also many other times takes pride, but also takes it like a typical jewish kid and the pressures they feel about popularity.
Re: *804* The Passion of the Jew PostWed May 13, 2009 1:55 pm Offline
Wed May 13, 2009 1:13 pm1
I love this episode.

cartman says: "es ist zeit für reich" (it's time for the empire)

and the people say: "wir müssen die juden ausrotten" (we have to exterminate the jews)

When I first saw the episode in german language the joke doesn't worked so good but in english it's so hilarious.

greetings
one of my fav's PostSun May 17, 2009 7:14 am Offline
Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:43 pm45
very funny episode, I personally loved it.
4.1/5 **** episode
Re: *804* The Passion of the Jew PostSat Aug 29, 2009 6:07 am Offline
Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:59 am1
i like it but eric cartman should have spoken real german
Re: *804* The Passion of the Jew PostWed Nov 11, 2009 12:24 pm Offline
Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:17 pm1
Great job on this one.

this showed how simple minded christians are, and how out of date jews are.

fact is all religions are a farce, and anyone who would believe such nonsense needs a class on common sense.

a man in a whale for 3 days?? yeah it could happen .

dont pray in my school and i wont think in your church
PostSat Apr 17, 2010 11:43 am Offline
  • YIM
Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:17 pm0Atlanta, GA
Baseketball? Didnt Matt and Trey make that too? I loled when I heard Stan mention it.
Re: PostSat Apr 17, 2010 1:10 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
BRAINFREEZERRR wrote:
Baseketball? Didnt Matt and Trey make that too? I loled when I heard Stan mention it.

Me too! I didn't catch that the first time but when I saw it again I heard it and LMAO!!!! :lol:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
PostThu May 06, 2010 1:14 am Offline
Sat May 01, 2010 6:36 pm0
Its funny that really there must be something wrong Jews, undergoing expulsion throughout history, being always hated, and finally they go stripping off some Arab country and call it their land and stuff like that with little effort to improve their image. I dont think there shouldve been much focus on Mel Gibson, but good for Kyle that he got to see the bottom of it coz hey, if one person says ur a donkey, ignore him, if two people say ur a donkey, buy a saddle...
hawkeyed PostSun Jul 04, 2010 6:05 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:02 pm0
was that alan alda?
Are you serious? PostSat Aug 14, 2010 6:26 pm Offline
Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:17 pm0
Are you f*cking serious?
Im Jewish guy, and the impressing you show against the Jewish is really wrong.
Comon, we didnt do that to Jesus, and even if we did, why from 06:55 till 07:20 you showed the Jewish look like that?
Thats really lame,hurt and anti-Semite what you did in this episode.
I watched tones of Shouth Park episodes and im a big fan, but because of this episode, i stopped watching.
You need to get that there is alot of viewers like me, and you lost alot of.
Stop being such a racists.

Bye.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 3 39 posts 1, 2, 3  Next